Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Making everyone attendees by default when joining a meeting

Because, we are having e-learning and some students keeps on disturbing the class, either by muting others or the teacher, kicking the attendence out of the meeting and spamming the mute everyone. it is really tedious to make veryone attendees , one by one. Please implement this feature. Make the organizer have this feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User can see all participants in one window

It would be a good idea for a user to see all the participants' video in one view. For example, in a class, the teacher will be able to monitor who is not in their computer in one glance. In a video conference, all the participants can see the faces of the people they are talking and is present at that time. The feature could be in a grid view instead of putting 4 people in screen and the rest is chat heads. Please see attach as an example .

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Beauty filter request

Due to Coronavirus situation, most of the company ask their employee to work from home. When we are home, we usually not have make-up.

Could you please consider add the beauty filter to camera ? This camera filter should also have auto make-up function so that any person whom too lazy to have make-up can have a call conveniently.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting Chats

I don't like the idea of not being able to delete certain messages in a chat. I know that my job there are always co workers that walk around and can see what I'm saying as well as see who I'm chatting with. Even if you hide the chat, all you have to do is put a name in and the chat reappears picking up where you left off. Please add this as an option ASAP. THANKS!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dark theme on IOS based on phone setting

In IOS 13, the dark theme can be scheduled based on the time of day. The Teams App just uses one setting: it should use the IOS overall setting though (which for me is light theme during the day, dark theme through the evening/night).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to upload a FOLDER instead file-by-file

The bad things that I discovered is I cannot upload a folder (whole file) instead to the channel.

I need to upload file-by-file and create a folder and move it to desire folder which take times.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Indicate when a user is only logged in via the mobile app

We use Teams at my work place (we have multiple offices and remote workers). And I'm also using the Android app, so my co-workers see me online even when I'm not at the office. It would be nice if the Desktop app would indicate that the user is currently only on mobile so my colleagues know when I'm not in the office.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Public Invite Link for OpenSource teams

would be nice if it was possible to generate a public invite link where people can just invite them over to a team to join a opensource project team for example

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why didn't you name T-bot Cortana?

Consistency through Microsoft products.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. move/dock toolbar

we sue teams for VFX work. remote meetings, and especially for screensharing video players. the toolbar (with meeting timer, mute, hang up, etc) just sits there in the worst place. and i see all that lovely grey in the periphery near the help search field..... the option to move -or better yet dock- the toolbar would make this app **** near perfect for me. love using teams, but this one little hangup is kind of annoying. thanks for reading!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Detect mute

Detect that which participent muted us

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make an option to choose who can kick someone in the meeting

Guest shouldnt have permission to kick someone

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for dual screens when screen sharing

I've got two screens side-by-side on my desktop. If I have a video call going and decide to share my other screen, currently the video call gets automatically minimized even though I shared content on my other screen. It would be nice if it could detect that situation and leave the video window up.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clear chat or multiple delete

There must be a way to clear chat or multiple delete of message s

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conversation delete.

There should be an option of deleting an entire conversation. The way it was for Skype.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. integrate Microsoft ToDo into Teams free

We use Microsoft Teams free as a pupil project within our class and would like to leverage the ToDo functionality as seen in the paid version for group projects.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Annotate on screen while screen sharing

It would be really great if there was the option to draw on the screen while screen sharing. This tool would be available for the presenter and the participants. Even just a simple marker like Slack's screen share tool would be a good start. But to make it even better would be to have tools like zoom has.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Test your equipment before you join..." function for attendees

When joining a Teams meeting via invite URL, it should be possible for attendees to "Test the Audio/Video capabilities of your device before joining the conference...". That could be a link to a test room, or some test scenarios, or some diagnostic software which checks out if camera, microphone and speaker are working correctly for this meeting. That tool or link might even check out the issues if the attendee cannot install Teams, perhaps due to missing permissions...

Thus, it would be great if there was some kind of test link or capabilities check. And perhaps with hints on what…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow user to control the video resolution

Video call quality in Teams is actually great but not everyone has a great computer and internet connection to match.

Would be better to support user control of the video quality (we might have to switch to Skype or ... a competitor)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. History of [Add / Remove] members from Teams channel

Teams channel members Implement a function that can hide (or delete) the history displayed on the conversation screen when [Add / Delete] is performed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base