Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Shifts - notification when mandatory shifts not filled

We have a factory that needs to keep running for 24 hours. So every day I need to fill 3 shifts to ensure my crewing. (1 morningshift, 1 eveningshift and 1 nightshift).

Is there an option to raise an notification to the planner so it's visible that not all 3 shifts are staffed? Now I need to check every week manually to make sure crewing is ok.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts - notification when mandatory shifts not filled

We have a factory that needs to keep running for 24 hours. So every day I need to fill 3 shifts to ensure my crewing. (1 morningshift, 1 eveningshift and 1 nightshift).

Is there an option to raise an notification to the planner so it's visible that not all 3 shifts are staffed? Now I need to check every week manually to make sure crewing is ok.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable ability to bookmark documents

I’m constantly sent links to files stored in teams but there’s no way for me to bookmark the links and rename those links into meaningful names for those documents or locations. When I’m sent links is never obvious of the root location of the documents and cannot save or bookmark the links easily

This means I lose lots of time hunting for the file locations on teams or hunting through email or chats to find the links

The solution could mirror what you do when saving favourites in internet explorer and naming links as something meaningful

Thanks Chris

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please can you include that we can reply on direct messages?

Please can you include that we can reply on direct messages? I see that we can do it in the mobile version but not in the desktop version,

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show "Hand raise" always on screen, also for presenters.

if i am presenter, and i have only one screen or Laptop available, i cannot notice, when somebody raises his hand e.g. for a question.
    this is very unlucky, as the colleague, who raises hand to ask something, feels ignored and stops using this feature.
    please implement, that also the presenter will notice, that somebody from the forum raise his hand.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding the feature of putting .gif or any other animated extension files as profile pictures

It would be an excellent feature according to me and might make it even more customizable addition to its great and easy use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access to ''live chat'' on Teams App

I had problems to log in my Teams App, and a message appeared saying ''sorry, try this etc'' which I did, but it did not work. Then I thought I needed to contact someone, but there was nothing on the screen that showed up this option to me. I had to access the website, chat to a robot, then I was redirected to another website, then answers to my problem showed up and finally I saw the ''live chat button''. It took me ages to get there, even though when describing now it doesn't seem to. But it would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A Calendar Tab along with "posts, files, wiki"

A Calendar Tab that can be used on both the device and mobile (Like Calendar Pro, but Calendar Pro can not be used on mobile).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize Teams with color themes

I would like the ability to customize Teams with a theme/color palette so that Teams is more personal to my preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add customizable roles

Add roles, to where I can give a role to an employee so I know he is part of the development team or design department. Make it also so some members can type/reply in a channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reply in context

I felt it for a while but finally have figured out what is most unsettling (deficient) in MS Teams as a working tool allowing asynchronous collaboration in different timezones and timelines.
    A simple fact that you cannot reply to a chosen message, only drop a new message at the bottom. So if 10 questions / tasks we asked while I (him, her, you) were away, when you come back it is hard to reply in context. Email is better in that regard, but not so good for a "single pane" visibility. What an opportunity miss [again], Microsoft.
    Even UseNet (NNTP)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make recording accessible for free users

I have a recording from my 50th birthday but I can't download it and it gives me no options to do so. Its also not stored in one drive. I think we should be able to download our recordings, especially during lockdown as people have missed out on special occasions and only have recorded memories

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Collaborative Calling Analytics and Reports

Just like the channel analytics report, would recommend to have Collaborative calling reports for Teams owner.
    - way to export the file (.csv, .xlsx format)
    - See how many calls attended (who answered the most to least)
    - number of calls abandoned (voicemail, call dropped, in the export file mention the call failure code & SIP code for reference)
    - show a time line how many agents logged in for the past one month. (can be extended to 90 days)
    - Engagement report
    - Active call users
    - mention users who have call forward setting turned on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Test camera in Teams browser version.

As per this recent announcement there is a know issue with teams desktop:

>[ADDED 4/2] We’re working on a fix for an issue causing webcams to not function correctly when attempting to make a video call in Microsoft Teams. The webcam should be unaffected when using Microsoft Teams via the browser.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/03/25/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19592/

However there's no way to check your camera in teams via the browser.

Settings>Devices> camera is not present in the browser version.

Obviously an issue wen you have an upcoming teams meeting and know the camera doesn't work in the desktop version and no way to check if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is no archive option and also delete chat op

Delete chat option is missing , export chat option should be there

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need an option to open a chat message in a separate chat window from Chat message notification

Need an option to open the chat in a separate chat window from the chat notification (desktop). Now when I click the chat notification it will open in a chat tab inside the Team desktop application. Now close and Reply is the only options available in the notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not chnage message status to "read".

Please, do not chnage message status to "read", until I reply to it. And also add a "Read/Unread" button to the right of the message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 161 162
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base