Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Feature to find out who mutes and kickes out of meeting

Feature to find out who mutes and kickes out of meeting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Free for Non-Profits (like .edu) and link to GIVE/Benevity during COVID-19

Teams Free for all Non-Profits (just like we have for .edu) and find a way to tie the Microsoft GIVE Campaign efforts and comms to make them more accessible. I.e. POC, Calendar of events, sponsorship, Give fund matching, and communications during COVID-19.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 在作業那裡,不要把科目都分開了,新設一個全部科目作業,像之前一樣,不然一個一個科目地找,真的很麻煩,而且容易找漏,如果要一個一個科目找,我們可以在團隊那裡找,希望改善🙏🙏🙏

在作業那裡,不要把科目都分開了,新設一個全部科目作業,像之前一樣,不然一個一個科目地找,真的很麻煩,而且容易找漏,如果要一個一個科目找,我們可以在團隊那裡找,希望改善🙏🙏🙏

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scheduled meetings for free edition of Teams

It would be a HUGE upgrade for Teams. Help a lot of us to start using Teams and convert everyone else to use it. There is already a limitation in terms of the number of users. Why not bring a crucial feature in a video conferencing app, Scheduled Meetings?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add users connection time and date in Teams report

Would it be possible, in connection reports, to add the users connection time in addition to the connection date ? This would provide evidence that a training for example went well online that day and lasted so long. Mandatory for all Training Centers that have their training that can be supported in France and in Europe. Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let us open email attachement files when open emails (*.msg) that are shared/saved in Teams

I would like to open email files that are shared in Teams to be open and view its attachment files also.
    Currently team members has to download the email files shared in teams and then open in an email software to view the attachments.
    Appreciate it if Microsoft can add this functionality which saves more time, storage and download traffic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow guests to join with just a meeting number

Currently, team members or guest can only join a meeting if they receive an invitation in an email. I think it is much more convenient if guest can join a meeting by just entering a meeting number into the Microsoft Teams app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. delete chats

being able to delete any chat without un-sending, and get rid of the message where it says, message has been deleted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Live captioned for deaf and hard of hearing ?

Hi I am deaf and try to add the live captioned when talking to my family on the laptop wont' work . I had to use my mobile instead. Where can I find this to add on the live ?

My laptop is Acer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleting Chats

I don't like the idea of not being able to delete certain messages in a chat. I know that my job there are always co workers that walk around and can see what I'm saying as well as see who I'm chatting with. Even if you hide the chat, all you have to do is put a name in and the chat reappears picking up where you left off. Please add this as an option ASAP. THANKS!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Schedule meetings via the phone app

Being able to schedule a meeting via the phone app rather than only being able to join one - our school has paid for office 365 but not all laptops cope well with running meetings from teams, so having it on my phone would allow me to still run lessons in a way that is not disruptive to pupils' learning.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export Contacts from Skype to Teams and Sync

Please help improve Teams by understanding that currently people have Skype or Skype for Business and that service is ending July 31, 2021. People need to have a way to transfer their contacts from Skype or Skype for Business to Teams so that they can continue to have communication with those contacts. Please keep in mind that Teams should be used for both individuals and businesses.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DELETE

Uh hello? DELETE option for Chat? We have some robots up on the surface of Mars but you can’t delete a chat? Shameful

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show list of meetings on schedule meeting page itself. Once you click on meeting number, see who all are attending.

Show list of meetings on schedule meeting page itself. Once you click on meeting number, see who all are attending.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give the option to delete chats

You cannot delete chats, it should have an option to delete an entire chat, not only delete a message inside the chat. This is part of the privacy an application should provide to it users.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get link to channel

Hello,

Currenlty if you right click on on a team then you get an option calls "Get link to team"

But when it comes to private channel, there is no option for "Get link to channel", it works only for public channel.

When there is no way to @mention a private channel in conversation, then, at least give us an option to "Get link to channel" for sharing to different people who has permission to access a channel to easily open private channels by following the link

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show the currently scheduled meetings

Why can't I find a list of scheduled meetings anywhere?! I schedule it and if I don't copy the link and click away it's gone forever!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show complete list of participants in conference call

During conference call or meeting only 04 users are displayed on the screen and others as +..... also its not clear which user is speaking at particular time.
    There shoul be option of display user as tile or list with prominent distinction to active or the speaker in the meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tidy up the Activity and Chat feeds

The Activity and Chat feeds look messy and ‘busy’ .... at a quick glance it’s not always easy and clear to see what’s going on. Also, would be good to group all unread items at the top of the feed rather than having to scroll through to find them!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make assignments filter option, hard to navigate when too many assignments and not knowing where they are

Make a planner, or notebook for assignments, so you can check when assignments from different teams are due in, I've missed too many due dates, because of subpar user interface on assignments

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base