Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Delete Org on Teams Free Version

The following site states you should contact Microsoft Support via Phone to delete the Teams Free org:
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/delete-your-teams-free-organization-2c28cfcf-3fbf-497c-938f-8815a8f6a6b9

However, neither the Commercial Support Team, Office Consumer Team, and Office Business Team know how to do this, based on phone conversations with them. It'd be better if you could do this on some portal or at least gave those teams clear instructions on how to achieve this.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renaming Organisation

I wanted to rename my Organisation but could not find a way to do it. Organisation can change over time due to merger and acquisition and we should be able to reflect these changes in Teams

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Backing up project or Channels

Will be great if after a team project ( or channel) is finished to have the possibility to back up all its contents in a big zip file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All incomming voice calls (from outsiders) show as Team call and changes callers profile to that of the last called team members

The teams app was open on my iPhone 6S as we were testing the call function from one system to another.

Meanwhile an external call came in to my phone. The phone showed it as an incoming call from a team member (from the last call made via team - and in no way related the external caller)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User name change

I noticed that if a user changes his/her name, even though I see the change under "Manage Org", the name on the private chat window remains the same.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to create & post a link in a shared document to a shared file

My team and I would like the ability to insert links within our shared word/excel documents to shared PDFs or other files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Indicate when a user is only logged in via the mobile app

We use Teams at my work place (we have multiple offices and remote workers). And I'm also using the Android app, so my co-workers see me online even when I'm not at the office. It would be nice if the Desktop app would indicate that the user is currently only on mobile so my colleagues know when I'm not in the office.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More emphasis in the "Show more" button

When there are more than X lines, Teams hide the message, and put a "Show more" link in the bottom, but this is really small and you have to pay attention to see there is something else there.

First, if this is a message in a channel specific to that conversation, then this "Show more" feature doesn't make much sense. Second, which is even worse, is this button to be almost hidden in the middle of all those details that are useless (margins, text, avatar picture, borders...).

Here is a screenshot for you to see how small and hidden this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit team members names

I would prefer to edit the display names of my team members in MS Teams (free). At this point I am not able to do this.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AUCUN support technique PFFFFFFFFFFFFF,

Un produit lance TEAMS, sans support technique et sans personne connaissant le produit, impossible de savoir comment fermer ce compte définitivement, grave quoi
    Une journée au telephone pour finir ici à parler à un écran...
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to add Webhook connector

Hello Team,

I am trying to add webhook connector to integrate with custom provider.
    After clicking on Configure Button in the connector, I receive below error. Unable to figure out the actual error, Please Help!

:-(
    Something went wrong.
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try again.
    RequestId: 0e20c6cd-2c4c-4064-9112-d94a6b5243bf
    Server: BN6PR18MB1668
    Date: 2019-03-19 16:19:16 +0000

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Word Änderungsmodus direkt in MS Teams / Word Online integrieren

Wir als Dachverband nutzen seit Kurzem MS Teams zum Testen. Für uns und unsere Mitgliedsverbände wäre es von großer Bedeutung und eine wirkliche Erleichterung, wenn der Word Änderungsmodus direkt in MS Teams (Word Online) sichtbar wäre, damit man nicht nur gleichzeitig bearbeiten kann sondern auch die bearbeitenden Personen in MS Teams (Word-Online) sehen können wer etwas geändert hat und was geändert wurde, damit man auch bei Fertigstellung des entsprechenden Word-Dokuments noch nachvollziehen kann was verändert wurde und wer die Änderungen vorgenommen hat. Bisher geht das nämlich nur bedingt, wenn man auf seinem Desktop den Änderungsmodus einstellt und das Dokument danach…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. crop/adjust photo

when uploading profile photo, if my face isn't centered I have to use another program to edit the photo before it looks decent in Teams. most other apps have a simple crop/center adjustment to deal with this common situation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dear sir, How to delete the Shared Data and Storage of Microsoft Teams

Dear sir,
    How to delete the Shared Data and Storage of Microsoft Teams ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ユーザ名がチャット画面でメールアドレスになる

マイクロソフトアカウント(無料版)の「組織を管理」にて組織アカウントを追加したとき、「組織を管理」画面では組織アカウントで設定した名前が正常に表示されるが、チャット画面ではメールアドレスになってしまう。メールアドレスではなく設定した名前で表示して欲しい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ユーザ名がチャット画面でメールアドレスになる

マイクロソフトアカウント(無料版)の「組織を管理」にて組織アカウントを追加したとき、「組織を管理」画面では組織アカウントで設定した名前が正常に表示されるが、チャット画面ではメールアドレスになってしまう。メールアドレスではなく設定した名前で表示して欲しい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change file of name or location causes broken link in conversations

Scenario: Attach a file to a Team Conversation using drag and drop from my desktop. Later, change the name of that attachment file in the Files tab view of the same Team. Back at the Conversation, the link no longer sends me to the file when clicked, but instead says "This item might not exist or is no longer available".
    A possible solution would be for links or references to a file to be updated when changes are made to the file's name. This also happens when a file is moved to a different folder within the same Teams Files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guests: Better documentation + dedicated FAQ

I understand that guests are from outside the organization. I've seen mention that they have limited capabilities. But I can't tell if:

• Can they be assign to use only one channel?

• Will guests be able to see other guest if that are not in the same channel(s)?

For example, we are an agency and we want to use teams for "internal" use. But we also want to have a channel for each project / client where we can invite the client - as a guest - to communicate / collaborate with us only in and only via that channel.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the trial / onboarding (please)

I have a personal @outlook accnt. I want to try teams for biz related projects / work. So I used my work email and tried to trials teams. I kept getting a message about "get your admin to add teams." Huh? It's just me AND I am the admin.

Very confusing and I must have wasted at least an hour (i.e., different browsers, etc.)

Also, once I did figure out that I would be able to use my (persona) @outlook I invited myself using the @work email and have yet to get that invite.

We're wanting to use teams with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base