Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. All incomming voice calls (from outsiders) show as Team call and changes callers profile to that of the last called team members

The teams app was open on my iPhone 6S as we were testing the call function from one system to another.

Meanwhile an external call came in to my phone. The phone showed it as an incoming call from a team member (from the last call made via team - and in no way related the external caller)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams - Corregir el nombre de Empresa o Entidad

Buen día, tengo un inconveniente en Microsoft Teams, necesito corregir el nombre de la entidad en el sub-dominio, se ingreso equivocadamente un dato, cuando se registro la versión gratis, ejemplo:
    admin @ (error). onmicrosoft. com, como puedo corregirlo.

gracias.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the trial / onboarding (please)

I have a personal @outlook accnt. I want to try teams for biz related projects / work. So I used my work email and tried to trials teams. I kept getting a message about "get your admin to add teams." Huh? It's just me AND I am the admin.

Very confusing and I must have wasted at least an hour (i.e., different browsers, etc.)

Also, once I did figure out that I would be able to use my (persona) @outlook I invited myself using the @work email and have yet to get that invite.

We're wanting to use teams with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do not highlight Activity if you are in the same chat window

Activity is highlighting and notification with a number is showing up even though you are the same chat window. fix it please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Travailler sur une meilleure adhésion des membres dans l'organisation. Mes membres ont tous galéré à rejoindre le chat.

Il serait plus simple de pouvoir inviter les membres via des liens (pas en passant par les mails car dans mon cas, les mails ne s'envoyaient qu'une fois sur 6).

Merci bien

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams for Windows 10S

Now that Teams is free for everyone , I see that you can't use the Teams version for UWP to sign in. It gives you an error.

please fix.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send me your logs located at appdata\Microsoft\Teams\logs.txt ?

You can generate logs by hitting CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+1

Please email your logs to TEAMSML@microsoft.com , with the title “MS Teams for Windows 10S”.

Thank you for the responses!
    -Warren

7. The ability to create & post a link in a shared document to a shared file

My team and I would like the ability to insert links within our shared word/excel documents to shared PDFs or other files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix 'Activity' message status

Let's say you're available on the channel and your teammate is writing more than one message. You look at 'Activity' icon and see that counter displays 4 unread messages. You want to read them all in some order, but suddenly you see that all your messages are already read. For me there should be 'mark all as read' option, as in MS Outlook.

Now all messages become read with one click automatically, which is misleading for some teammates of mine.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to enter names when inviting members

When I first created the Team, there was a window to invite members with blanks for emails and corresponding names. However, now that the Team is created, when I invite new members I only can enter their emails (and their names default to whatever happens to be left of the "@"). I notice there's already an idea to fix that (by being able to rename members), but I'd like to be able to set it right from the beginning.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve overall Performance (Loading Users, Tabs)

Seems that everytime I change to a new tab or channel it has to reload users or the content of the tab and gives a very "slow" feel of the user experience

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change my initials

I was required to set this account up for work, and I already hate it. I haven't even used it. You couldn't even get my initials correct in my ID bubble, so now no one will know who I am! Can you not discern a two-part last name? It's not like those are rare? Do you not offer an option to change the initials when you---as expected---***** it up? Get it together. Especially if you expect to compete with Google and Apple. Sheesh.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the Mojis from Skype

I'm missing the Mojis from Skype, especially the Minions. Would it be possible to bring them back into Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After being invited to a different organization, the invite is still pending and showing up as a notification on my iPhone and Windows apps.

There needs to be a way to delete the invite or the organization from the list of organizations, or at least remove the notification. I've signed in and out, deleted and re-installed the apps, and the notification won't go away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete Org on Teams Free Version

The following site states you should contact Microsoft Support via Phone to delete the Teams Free org:
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/delete-your-teams-free-organization-2c28cfcf-3fbf-497c-938f-8815a8f6a6b9

However, neither the Commercial Support Team, Office Consumer Team, and Office Business Team know how to do this, based on phone conversations with them. It'd be better if you could do this on some portal or at least gave those teams clear instructions on how to achieve this.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep up the great work with Microsoft Teams Free! :)

We have really loved using Teams free version in our organization. We are a non-profit volunteer org with very small margins, so this free version has been the only way for us to go. It has been a wonderful way for us to collaborate. Thank You for all of your hard work :D

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reply textbox should be visible for last message (cklick Reply no needed)

IT would promote proper usage of chat (replaying for messages)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Renaming Organisation

I wanted to rename my Organisation but could not find a way to do it. Organisation can change over time due to merger and acquisition and we should be able to reflect these changes in Teams

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. crop/adjust photo

when uploading profile photo, if my face isn't centered I have to use another program to edit the photo before it looks decent in Teams. most other apps have a simple crop/center adjustment to deal with this common situation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base