Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "raise hand" not working on iOS

Can't raise a virtual hand in the latest Teams client on iPhone or iPad. This is impacting virtual class participation for the kids.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. clicking on a pasted picture in the chat screen, does not show the full size picture anymore

In the chat screen, clicking on a picture pasted, does not show the full size picture, but a 'broken image' icon. Restarting Teams solves the problem for a while and than again, restarting Teams is required...

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time zone incorrect in Teams on RDS server when EnableTimeZoneRedirection is set

When Teams is launched on a Windows RDS server with the EnableTimeZoneRedirection GPO/registry key set, the time zone in Teams reflects the systems time zone, not the time zone from the user session.

This includes the times in the Calendar tab & the chat history.

This only affects the Teams application. Outlook & other applications show the correct time zone, as well as the Teams web app (because it pulls the time from the browser).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screensharing during a meeting, crashes Teams on RHEL 8.1 (linux)

Screensharing during a meeting, crashes Teams on RHEL 8.1 (Redhat Enterprise Linux v8.1)
    Teams Version 1.3.00.958 (64-bit).

• Start a meeting

• Share a screen

• Crash

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Planner - Failed to create plan

When I try to create a Planner tab I keep getting the message "Failed to create plan"

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notifications not working on iPhone

Notifications is not working on iPhone

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keyboard focus when adding a contact

1. Create a contact group

2. Click …

3. Click "Add a contact to this group"

Observe that keyboard focus is lost. Instead, it should be transferred to the "Type a name" filed in the modal dialog that appears.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scrolling up teams glitchy

Scrolling up with mouse wheel in teams chat to see previous messages is very glitch prone either the previous messages won't load or the screen will be empty. Sometime the scroll bar breaks or messages only partially appear. Hard to get back details from messages from a few days ago because of this.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot sign-in into Teams on Linux using smart-card

Due to our security policy users have to sign-in into Teams from VPN and public networks using their client certificates stored on a smart-card (we use ADFS). With Teams desktop client for Linux systems this method does not work anymore: Teams client cannot see a client certificate -> a user cannot choose his/her certificate from smart-card.
    At the same time, the same user can sign-in into Teams web client from Chrome browser running on the same machine using his/her smart-card.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot find security group in teams group policy assignment using Teams admin interface

When trying to assign a security group to a policy in the Teams admin interface. Not all groups show up. Even if you type the group name exactly the search results for the security group do not show the group. I also tried using the group id from Azure but that is not an option in this interface. The documentation for this function is here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/assign-policies#assign-a-policy-to-a-group

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. high memory usage

Quad core i5 with 16gb of memory and wicked fast ssd storage...

TEAMS sucks... cpu constantly high usage, memory constant high usage... teams just hangs and lags and is so slow to respond...

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. show missed calls that came through a call queue

There is no way to report missed calls that came through a the call queue. It would be helpful if the call history of the call queues could be displayed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. {{::buttonText}} when viewing a team's chat

When I click a team I get this {{::buttonText}} on the side menu. I guess it's an issue with injecting state in the side menu component. If it's similar to Slack then this would've been a channel's name.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If I sort the "Files" folders by name and then leave, and then return, the sort returns to "Modified"

I am in a Team, and then in a channel, and then in "Files". I sort by Name.
    I then leave the Channel and go to another channel ro team.
    Then I return to the original Team-Channel-Files, the files are not longer sorted by Name, but revert to "Modified - Newer to Older"

I want this to be sticky. If I sort it by name, then I have a reason to do so, and I want it to stay that way.

Knowing that this is Sharepoint, I even tried to save it as a View, and it wouldn't remain sticky.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deletion policy not completely clearing chat history

With regard to Retention/Deletion Policies:

We noticed that we can now set a "Deletion" policy for Teams Chats which says to delete any conversation older than 24 hours. We've implemented this policy and we'd like to share a couple of observations...

1.) It took about two weeks for the "desktop" Teams Clients to start scrubbing their chat histories.

2.) The "desktop" Teams Client is not consistently adhering to the deletion rule. For example: Mostly all chat history was cleared, but in a few cases parts of several conversations remain visible from activity which took place over 2-10 days ago.

3.)…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification badge does not get removed

I have the app installed on iOS and MacOS.

When I get a new message, the badge appears on both systems.

Then I read the message and the badge goes away on MacOS, fine!

But the badge on iOS still stays there. If I open the iOS app, the badge gets cleared. Super annoying!!!

Please send another push message when the counter reaches zero, so that the badge gets removed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We would like to have a popup with consent for agreeing on a recorded Teams call.

We are having Teams recording enabled for all users and with a consent note to be read by host, we were requested if there is a pop up consent option to participants to agree before joining the call what is set to record session. Please let me know how to achieve this and can be added to priority of backlog list.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mobile client syncing issues and duplicate notifications for the messages already read in desktop

Mobile client syncing issues and duplicate notifications for the messages already read in desktop

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Submitted Onenote assignments are not locked to editing when viewed in Teams

Once a student submits a Onenote assignment, the page should be locked to editing in the student notebook. When a submitted page is opened by the student with the browser or desktop app (Windows), the page is, in fact, locked and cannot be edited. If, however, the student views the assignment in Teams and then notebook page is opened in Teams, it will display in read-only mode. Then if the student clicks the "Edit Notebook" button the notebook page can be opened and edited in both the browser and the desktop app. It is effectively not locked to the student,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Muted chats from meetings I haven't joined are not muted.

On Android I keep getting notifications for chats in a meeting I haven't joined. If I use the "..." menu, the menu item says "Unmute chat" indicating that the app thinks it is muted, even though it isn't.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base