Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copies of Planner-Plans are not copying the start and enddates

If you copy a Planner Plan, the start and enddates of the buckets are not copied. SO you have to go through every bucket and add the dates again.
    Please enable the possibilty to copy EVERYTHING from a Planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy of Planner-Plans are not connected to Teams

If you have to copy a Planner-Plan (and delete the original), it is not possible to delete the registercard with the old planner and add the new planner as registercard.
    Please enable the possibilty to choose between the Planners if you want to add them as registercard in MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Interoperability between Gantt (Apps4Pro) and MS Planner

There is no possibilty to create a Gantt-Chart for the Planner-Plans in MS. Tahts the reason why you have to install "Gantt Chart" Extension from Apps4Pro. Please enable the possibitly to make Gantt Charts, or enhance the synchronisity between those two products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folder-Connection between Sharepoint and Teams

Please enable the possibility to EITHER be able to delete the registercard "FIles" in Teams, or to be able to choose which Folder oder Folderlibrary I want to synchronize with the registercard "FIles" in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. JPEG Upload on Sharepoint not possible

Please enable to possibility to Uploade .jpg files on Sharepoint as pictures to display on the Sharepoint Site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eingebundene OneNote Seiten können nicht in der Onenote App auf IOS geöffnet werden, nachdem sie in Teams erstellt worden sind. Die App sagt

Eingebundene OneNote Seiten können nicht in der Onenote App auf IOS geöffnet werden, nachdem sie in Teams erstellt worden sind. Die App sagt, dass das Notizbuch verschoben wurde. Auf Windows Rechnern hingegen funktioniert alles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

- restart mac
    - clear some application data / caching things
    - re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

- restart mac
    - clear some application data / caching things
    - re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shifts - Horizontal Scroll misaligned with headings when not at top of page

When using Shifts in either the Browser or Desktop Versions (Mac not tested). If the main window is not maximised AND you are not scrolled to the top of the page. The horizontal scroll disassociates itself from the Calendar Bar and you get a mismatch between the Day and the Actual Shifts.

So Fridays Shifts may appear under Thursday or anywhere in between. See Screengrab.

Workaround to switch from Week view into Day view or to scroll out until a week fits in the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. opening files

Hi there! When I open a file with the desktop app, it will reopen on its own shortly after opening the file. For example, I go into MS Teams, click on the three dots next to a file, and say "Open in Desktop App". It will open, and I start working on the file. Shortly after, either the file reopens on its own, or iI will get a warning window asking me if I'm sure I want to reopen the file. There doesn't seem to be any way to get this to stop. I have found several other users experiencing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "You have been added" email notifications are in the wrong languagge (english)

"You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams" emails are in english even if Teams and our Tenant are in French (Canada).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No voicemail

I am receiving voicemails but not able to actually get to the voicemail itself to listen to the audio. This occurs on the Android app, the Windows 10 application and also when using Teams through the web.

The scenario is that someone leaves a voicemail, I am notified of the existence of the voicemail through the Feed. I also receive notification and transcription of the voice mail in my Outlook inbox. From the feed, I click on any voicemail and I am taking to the Calls section of Teams and the voicemail tab. That list is completely blank. There is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Onenote won't open in Teams

I have Teams version 1.2.00.17856 (Mac) After updating today none of the integrated OneNotes can be shown inside the Teamsapp. Just get a blanck window with OneNote menues. I have tries in all my teams, both PLF, staff and class-notebooks. This worked fine before the update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No Setup for Face Recognition

When I first got this laptop, just a few weeks ago, and I started the setup, I chose the fingerprint sign in rather than the face. Now, I want to set up the face recognition, but there is no option for it. There is, however, a big red sign that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Does this have anything to do with it? Can I not sign in with fingerprint and face recognition at the same time? Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to wait for the next update?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enter (CR) terminates a message instead of inserting a carriage return. Change this!

Please make typing an "Enter" (or carriage return) in a conversation box or a reply not terminate the message! This is inconsistent with other MSFT products, but also is the single biggest point of frustration with my users. At least make this configurable! Enter should just instead a new line and allow the user to continue their message. Posting the message should be CNTL-ENTER or hitting the Send icon.

I had a whole group abandon Teams in favor or Slack because of this highly annoying issue. Please elevate this fix!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Invitees cannot join meeting using Dial-in/Conference ID

I recently sent an Outlook invitation containing a Teams Meeting link. Invitees who clicked on the direct link were able to be admitted to the meeting, but invitees who dialed in and entered the conference ID did not appear in the lobby and could not be admitted to the meeting (in the meantime, they got hold music).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Whenever you click back in the app regardless of what screen you are on you go back to activity.

When you click back you should go back to the screen or set of drop-down options on the team list you were on before. Having to navigate back into each screen to reach like 15 messages or so is driving me up the wall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.