Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar invite doesn't show the Join Teams Meeting link

I have an issue with scheduling Teams meeting in the Outlook calendar.

Sometimes it doesn't show the purple Join Microsoft Teams meeting link you get below the text, even after editing the invite. I have to send out another invite and then it seems everything is okay and it has the link to join the meeting (I do everything the same). I am using the web outlook.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SharePoint / OneDrive image in adaptive card doesn't show in Desktop Teams

When adaptive card is send to Teams chat image in this card which is from SP or OneDrive is "undefined". It happens in desktop app. But when I look at this adaptive card message in web Teams app image is displayed correctly.
    For some reason Teams desktop app doesn't have permissions to view the image.

This issue is described also in link below.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Image-in-adaptive-card-for-MS-Teams-not-displaying/td-p/641724

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete chat

Delete chat pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android no longer holding sign in info for the past few weeks. Uninstalling and reinstall does not resolve

Fix the sign in loop for Outlook and Teams mobile apps for Android devices. The apps continually request sign in info and do not keep up to date/real time messages due to the sign in being lost. When clicking the notification (see attached) it does not require you to input a password, it just tries to reconnect.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams drains Mac battery

Teams is draining my Mac battery. I have a new computer this year. Never an issue with any other program. I am using the cord it came with. After a 45 minute Teams meeting I am down from 100% to 77%. For comparison, a one hour Zoom meeting the battery went from 100% to 99%. This is completely unacceptable. I spend half of my day on video calls. Please fix it!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Attendees are able to share screen even when it is disabled

When we are attending our online classes on teams ,organizers has disabled screen-sharing for attendees but we can do it just by minimizing our screen and it will show the option to share our screen. And there is another thing when an organizer is screen sharing and another person/attendee starts it by using the bug ,it sometimes stops sharing screen but still shows to the organizer that his/her screen is sharing.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mobile client syncing issues and duplicate notifications for the messages already read in desktop

Mobile client syncing issues and duplicate notifications for the messages already read in desktop

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Teams sends voice email messages which fail SPF checks

Whenever you call someone in Microsoft Teams and they do not get your call, you can leave them a voice message in the app.

Teams will then send an email message to the recipient's mailbox with the voice message information, the transcription and an attached audio file. Teams will also send it from the caller's email address (e.g. From: John.Doe@example.com).

These email messages are sent in such a way that an Exchange Transport Rule like the one attached in the PNG file will flag them unexpectedly, because they seem to be sent from IP address(es) not included in the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On Teams Admin - Why does Devices show that Yealink Teams Phone show it is offline even though the phone is working?.

On Teams Admin - Why does Devices show that Yealink Teams Phones show it is offline even though the phone is working?
    The work around to get it back online is I have to do the IP address of the Yealink Phone using Andriod os and remotely reboot or physically have to reboot the Yealink Phone

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. emoji keyboard shortcuts have stopped working (again. this time in May 2021)

In June 2018 I raised https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34688005-emoji-keyboard-shortcuts-have-stopped-working in regard to emoji keyboard shortcuts not working. I later raised a comment on that issue stating:

========================
    I just realised that this is possible by typing

:thumbsup:

All emojis here: https://www.emojione.com/emoji/v4 are supported (apparently).

This makes me happy :) . Please ignore this submission

========================

however today, in May 2021, the keyboard short that I mentioned in that comment has also stopped working and judging by the sudden influx of comments on that issue I'm not the only one.

So, in summary, at some point in May 2021 the ability to enter an…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0 Get-CsOnlineUser Error

With the MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0, New-CsOnlineSession is now deprecated and replaced by Connect-MicrosoftTeams. After a successful Connect-MicrosoftTeams using certificate authentication, Get-CsOnlineUser returns the following error:

Exception calling "GetSteppablePipeline" with "1" argument(s): "Exception calling "GetRemoteNewCsOnlineSession" with "1" argument(s): "Tenant Domain is empty"" At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\MicrosoftTeams\2.0.0\net472\SfBORemotePowershellModule.psm1:9474 char:13
    + $steppablePipeline = $scriptCmd.GetSteppablePipeline($myI ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletInvocationException

Get-CsOnlineUser works properly after Connect-MicrosoftTeams with credential authentication. Thanks for looking into this.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Participants list is disappearing

When in a Teams meeting, teachers are reporting their participants list is disappearing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams seems to fix it for about 15 minutes and then it happens again. It appears Teams ran an update and ever since then they have been unable to see the full participants list. The names just disappear once they are hovered over. Version: 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit) happening to multiple teachers using Teams Desktop App on HP Windows 10 machines.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications sound without banner

In notifications, there should be an option to have sound play for any item (replies, mentions, etc) without having to turn on banner mode.

We use MS Teams at work. I have a large team (20+ ppl) and also work cross-functionally with a few other teams. This results in me receiving a lot of messages throughout the day. The banners flood my screen, covering up other things I am working on, essentially forcing me to stop what I am working on mid thought to attend to the incoming messages. It would be must more efficient if I had the option…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Background settings doesn't work when Teams not logged in and joining call as guest

Background blur settings is blank and doesn't work when Teams is not logged in and used for guest access.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team Mobile Disconnecting when iPhone Locks.

Teams Mobile MUST remain connected, at least the audio stream, when the iPhone goes to the lock screen (basically function like a normal conference dial in).

Teams is useless for meetings on the go if i have to hold my phone up and poke it every 30 seconds to stay on a meeting.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AD telephoneNumber field must appear in the Call drop-down menu

In Skype for Business, any and all telephone numbers published in AD (i.e. main / primary "telephoneNumber", "mobile", "homePhone", "otherTelephone" etc.) would appear in a drop-down menu (along with the default "Skype for Business call") any time there was a call button, either from the buddy list or from the contact card.

In Teams, this is quite broken:

1 Phone numbers visible in the contact card in Teams are not diallable / hyperlinked.

2 The Call button from the contact card presents a different user experience to the Call button in the chat screen. In the chat screen, it provides

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call Queue Calls Answer Automatically when placing outbound call

Using Microsoft Teams & CloudPBX with AA and Call Queues.

If a user that is part of a call queue is actively making an outbound PSTN call (call not connected yet), and a call comes into the call queue, the outbound call is put on hold, and the inbound call is automatically answered, without the user actually clicking the answer button. The outbound caller hears nothing (because they are on hold.) We thought the fix would be to set the toggle on the call queue for "Agents can opt out of taking calls" but that didn't work. I have an…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available

Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share system sound in stereo while presenting and sharing screen in Teams meetings

I cant get sharing "system sound" in stereo to work when sharing presentations in Teams? Is this a limitation in teams that is known? It works great in my PowerPoint and a video with the embedded stereo sound but not when sharing the presentation in Teams with "System Audio", then it comes out mono (maybe even only one channel).

We do stereo audio projects and in Covid times we need to show people how it works over a teams meeting...with sound in stereo.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base