Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phone Port Department has AWFUL/NO Communication

I got an email with an issue regarding 2 of my 3 port orders. I send an email to the ptn@microsoft.com address and I have received NO CORRESPONDENCE from them. I've opened a ticket with general support who has no clue and all they did was forward the ticket to the PTN email address. Every other phone service on earth has a tech support department you can communicate with via phone or trouble ticket but Microsoft's PTN department has a dead-end email address with NO RESPONSE, TROUBLE TICKET or way to get resolution on a time sensitive transaction (moving live…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incoming Call Queue calls Issue - Mobile Client

Incoming PSTN calls that arrive into a Call Queue cannot be correctly answered on the Mobile Teams clients (iOS and Android) by any of the CQ members. The incoming call is displayed but it looks like the integration of the Teams client into the Mobile operation system (iOS and Android) is not functioning correctly and the call keeps ringing even after accepting it. After a while the calls drops.This issue does not occour when calling a phone number assigned directly to a user.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Teams sends voice email messages which fail SPF checks

Whenever you call someone in Microsoft Teams and they do not get your call, you can leave them a voice message in the app.

Teams will then send an email message to the recipient's mailbox with the voice message information, the transcription and an attached audio file. Teams will also send it from the caller's email address (e.g. From: John.Doe@example.com).

These email messages are sent in such a way that an Exchange Transport Rule like the one attached in the PNG file will flag them unexpectedly, because they seem to be sent from IP address(es) not included in the…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Android no longer holding sign in info for the past few weeks. Uninstalling and reinstall does not resolve

Fix the sign in loop for Outlook and Teams mobile apps for Android devices. The apps continually request sign in info and do not keep up to date/real time messages due to the sign in being lost. When clicking the notification (see attached) it does not require you to input a password, it just tries to reconnect.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Attendees are able to share screen even when it is disabled

When we are attending our online classes on teams ,organizers has disabled screen-sharing for attendees but we can do it just by minimizing our screen and it will show the option to share our screen. And there is another thing when an organizer is screen sharing and another person/attendee starts it by using the bug ,it sometimes stops sharing screen but still shows to the organizer that his/her screen is sharing.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Team Mobile Disconnecting when iPhone Locks.

Teams Mobile MUST remain connected, at least the audio stream, when the iPhone goes to the lock screen (basically function like a normal conference dial in).

Teams is useless for meetings on the go if i have to hold my phone up and poke it every 30 seconds to stay on a meeting.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Linux Client only polls for audio devices on start up

When using the Teams Linux Client, the client only polls for audio devices on start up. If I connect my headset via bluetooth, I have to
    restart the app. As an alternative, the client could just used the default device exposed my pulse audio.

Client version: 1.3.00.5153 64bit

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Start Teams
    2) Connect Bluetooth headset
    3) Go to Settings -> Devices

Expected Behaviour:
    User would see Device listed under speaker and/or microphone

Actual Behaviour:
    Device is not seen

Possible fixes:
    1) Poll Pulse audio for new devices when going to devices
    2) Use…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AD telephoneNumber field must appear in the Call drop-down menu

In Skype for Business, any and all telephone numbers published in AD (i.e. main / primary "telephoneNumber", "mobile", "homePhone", "otherTelephone" etc.) would appear in a drop-down menu (along with the default "Skype for Business call") any time there was a call button, either from the buddy list or from the contact card.

In Teams, this is quite broken:

1 Phone numbers visible in the contact card in Teams are not diallable / hyperlinked.

2 The Call button from the contact card presents a different user experience to the Call button in the chat screen. In the chat screen, it provides

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

• restart mac

• clear some application data / caching things

• re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot edit/amend 'Meeting Options' in Teams to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby is giving error "Something went wrong"

Hello,

I am having trouble with Microsoft Teams (free version).

I am scheduling a meeting using 'Teams App' on my iPhone or Teams App on my windows laptop.

When I click 'Meeting Options' to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby; I get this error "Something went wrong, reload the page, if it keeps happening, try again later.'

I am the host of meeting, and I do not want people people to wait in lobby for me to admit them.

I am not sure why this problem suddenly; because it was working fine for past 3~4 months.

I am…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't share new app window that is opened after a meeting has started

While you are in a meeting, you can share a single application window, but only if that application was opened prior to the meeting starting. If you are already in a meeting & then open an application (say a Word document), that window still does not show as a sharable choice in the screen-sharing options.

Users expect to be able to open a Word document (ppt, xls, etc) after the meeting has started & be able to share just that window without having to share that whole screen.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Music On Hold for Phone System

Please add custom Music On Hold for phone system entirely. Give the ability to change the default. I am aware you can add custom MOH in call queue but I am looking for changing MOH for entire Phone system. Anytime you call a DID directly or just simply putting someone on hold after the call queue.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No notifications

Even though all my settings are turned on, and I went through notification troubleshooting, I don't get any notifications on the Android app on Motorola phone.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Renaming a channel isn't applied to all areas that the channel name is used.

Original Name: "Test Renaming"
    New Name: "Test Renaming1"

Areas that the old channel name continues to appear.
    - Under the Files tab
    - The backend folder of the channel
    - The url used for "Open in SharePoint"

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TEAMS browser CPU and memory leak

Reporting a memory leak bug in TEAMS running inside a browser.
    There is a resource leak or infinite loop condition or something. It will gradually escalate to using 99%+ of the CPU and eventually eat up all the memory too. Closing the Teams tab fixes the problem immediately. I’ve been able to reliably reproduce this in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox (haven’t tried in IE or Safari) across three different Windows 10 devices. I don’t need to do anything beyond login to Teams, and it starts to devour resources.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →