Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect status showing in Teams

Incorrect status showing in Teams. if user away also showing in meeting and sometimes available

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notifications are not coming to the front

I'm using Teams Windows desktop client.
    Since a few Weeks ago there is an old problem from spring 2020 in the notifications. If another application is set maximized, the notifications for new messages or incoming calls notification are not appearing on top. Without my speakers i wouldn't recognize an incoming call. I'm working remote via Windows RDP and face this problem every day -_-

And I am not the only affected user...there are currently houndreds of affected user - look in the comments of the old bug reports:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35076475-notifications-are-not-coming

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35681143-incoming-call-notification-dialog-not-always-app

Please solve it asap! Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Using Share screen to share an Excel Worksheet is problematic on the receiving end.

Sharing an Excel spreadsheet under the Window heading is problematic. On the receiving end it sometimes displays as blank(white) or just a static image where participants cant see any activity like scrolling, highlighting a cell, etc. It works fine when sharing through the Desktop heading, but sharing the application (Window) itself presents the issues above.

Windows10 Enterprise
    Ms Teams 1.3.00.15561(64bit)
    IE and Goggle Chrome
    HP Elitebook

I've already cleared those Teams cache folders under %appdata%. Also performed a re-install of Ms Teams. The Excel files are small, still KB's in size. I once tried sharing an IE browser and it…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. macOS: teams video call freezes on notifications of teams (toast)

When I'm in a video call and a "popup" (toast) notification of teams is shown, for example because of a chat in a different channel or a notification of a new meeting starting, the video in the current call freezes for a while.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4460. It was last updated on 14/03/2020.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Participant to a single meeting in recurring meeting series can see the meeting chat forever

When someone is invited to a single occurrence of a series of recurring meetings, they will be able to see all messages subsequently sent on the meeting's chat, unless manually removed from the chat. This may not be a desirable behavior, if the said participant was only meant to participate to a single meeting (e.g. guest presenter to one meeting only, in a weekly meeting series)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams Android mobile app crashes while opening a notification

Teams Android mobile app crashes when a new channel notification is opened from the notification tray. It says "something went wrong". Have to open Teams app again to see the notification.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cannot keep Contacts Groups collapsed

In the Chat window, under the Contacts tab, there should be a way to keep all the contact groups collapsed. After collapsing all, as soon as I click on a different tab or different area, they all expand again.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams Mobile App - Front facing camera zoomed in too far

Can the default camera zoom setting be set so it's not zoomed in as far? We consistently see people's foreheads when they join on the mobile app.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yealink IP phone - lack of SpeedDial, lack of directory or teams contacts

The current desktop phones (I only have Yealink 56a) don't support personal outlook/teams contacts or a way to use speed dials on the display.

A phone without this function is useless in daily use, it should have the same functionality as the Windows or mobile version in terms of contact management, also having a central directory option to include multiple corporate directories (e.g. a repository in O365 to have phone books) would help

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Powerpoint does not move slides in presentation mode on the shared screen when using teams app or Trams on Safari/Mac

Being able to share powerpoint in presentation mode in teams app and web (shared screen hangs on screen of people shared with)

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Desktop Teams App: English (UK) dictionary marks "I've" as a spelling mistake

Desktop Teams App > Settings > General > App Language > English (United Kingdom)

Typing "I've" marks it as a spelling mistake. It corrects to "I've" (i.e. stays the same), which is then marked as a mistake again.

I've deleted the en-GB.bdic file from the appData to reload it to no effect.

I'm on version 1.3.00.4461 (64 bit).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Teams' calls doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices

Although it shows an option to speak the calls on Bluetooth device when I try using, it never connect me to my headset. However my Bluetooth headset is already paired and connected to my mobile

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Android no longer holding sign in info for the past few weeks. Uninstalling and reinstall does not resolve

Fix the sign in loop for Outlook and Teams mobile apps for Android devices. The apps continually request sign in info and do not keep up to date/real time messages due to the sign in being lost. When clicking the notification (see attached) it does not require you to input a password, it just tries to reconnect.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notifications sound without banner

In notifications, there should be an option to have sound play for any item (replies, mentions, etc) without having to turn on banner mode.

We use MS Teams at work. I have a large team (20+ ppl) and also work cross-functionally with a few other teams. This results in me receiving a lot of messages throughout the day. The banners flood my screen, covering up other things I am working on, essentially forcing me to stop what I am working on mid thought to attend to the incoming messages. It would be must more efficient if I had the option…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base