Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use the standard text sizes in iOS

I use the small font size in my device settings, but I have never seen text as small as in Teams for iOS.

Please use standard text sizes throughout the app. This will mean that the text size that your users see will be the size they expect to see, rather than whatever makes it easier to design overly complex UI with.

I understand this will be a large rewrite, that’s okay, the sooner you do this, the better.

Please refer to the Human Interface Guidelines provided by Apple: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/visual-design/typography/

Microsoft also has some advice on the importance of text…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. False unread msg on android app

team mobile app shows unread messages notification on app icon, even though I already read them on the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile App keeps crashing

Apps keep crashing on opening a certain post in teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search only searches for matching messages, but there is no way to see nearby messages in timeline.

When using search in chat history, the search only shows specific messages that match the search, but most of the time you are looking for messages that led up to or followed the message 'hit'. There is no workable way from chat search to see this other context, you have to look at date & time of hits and then scroll (forever) to the appropriate context. If either (a) you could click the time on the message and it took you to the message in the timeline, or (b) you could immediately see surrounding messages, it would be better. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keyboard focus when adding a contact

1. Create a contact group
    2. Click …
    3. Click "Add a contact to this group"

Observe that keyboard focus is lost. Instead, it should be transferred to the "Type a name" filed in the modal dialog that appears.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that "*** renamed the meeting to ***". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel File Preview doesn't show attached objects

We are migrating to using TEAMS instead of a shared file server. Recently I started using Excel to load all the pictures, information, and PDF's we need on specific customer orders. Everything looks okay in the file view except for the inserted OBJECT PDF.

The work around we have found is that you have to download the entire file to your local PC/Phone and it then shows the attached PDF.

Is there something we are missing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Doesn't load old conversations when you scroll up without tapping on a random one to make a few more appear

When you scroll up, it doesn't load old conversations unless you tap on a random one, and then it loads a few more. Android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. unable to switch to guests in Android mobile

I have several guests whom granted from the customers.
    but when I switched to guest account to login the customer organization, It couldn't that and it remains the status of Microsoft organization of my account.
    even though I removed and re-installed app, but it was the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Date format changing between US and English.

We have an annoying problem where the date column on a shared spreadsheet keeps changing from English to US date formats. This seems to effect different fields differently and then when changing the timezone to English in both teams and excel instead of reverting back to the date entered it changes it. Essentially it has ruined our clinical spreadsheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams mobile app on apple devices can't open planner

We are using the teams app on mobile and desktop together with another company. When using the planner function in teams, it shows the planner correctly on all desktops. For the guests in the teams (using apple phones) they can't see the planner in their planner apps, while android users can see their planner just fine. Would it be possible to fix it so that people on a guest account with an apple phone can see their planner on their mobile app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shifts - Export date fields don't respect date/time format of timezone

When using the export schedule & export shifts functions, the date fields are still in US date format and not in the format of the "Team time zone" chosen in Settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When switching back and forth between accounts, the account drop down disappears

When switching back and forth between accounts (after switching maybe 3 to 5 times), the account drop down in the top right disappears. Only way to get it back is to completely kill teams and restart it.

Using Windows 10 client Version 1.0, I have two accounts (each belongs to a seperate company).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio delay of up to 20 seconds for others to hear me on Teams calls

On Teams audio calls, whether I initiate or another person calls me, I can hear them immediately, but they cannot hear me for 15-20 seconds. This is very annoying as I have to send them a chat saying wait for about 20 seconds to hear me or else they frequently hang up!

This is on the desktop Teams (no Skype involved).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [BUG] GIFs stop playing in wiki

- Open up your Microsoft Teams app
    - Navigate to the Wiki (good luck finding it)
    - Create a new page
    - Add an image from your computer
    - Select any gif file you might have downloaded (I attached one in case you haven't)
    - Look at your gif playing nicely
    - Happily navigate out of the Wiki page
    - Go back to amend something

BUG:
    your GIF is not playing anymore... it's now just the first frame of the uploaded GIF...

EXPECTED:
    It should be playing as when uploaded so that everyone can benefit from it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Trying to change Meeting Settings is not allowed in the local client software.

Currently, when (as the organizer of a Meeting) I clicked on Meeting Settings I was taken to a web site instead of being shown a dialog in the local client software. As a result, I had to log in with my Microsoft ID. I did that, but I received a message which read as follows:

"You don’t have the permission to change the meeting settings.
    Please reach out to the meeting organizer for any changes."

This was on my local PC outside of the building since I was working from home. However, using Remote desktop client I was able to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Conference dial in number with conferance Auto dial in does not work!

When using the Teams meeting setup with Conference ID numbers it will not auto dial the conference ID on a Cell phone due to the configuration of the hyperlink. I have added some Pics so you can see the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.