Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint News-connector not working

The Sharepoint news connector can no longer be configured for any channel, and already configured connections are no longer working. I've published a couple of news for more than 48 hours ago, still no newspush in the channel. Please fix this, it's urgent in these times when fast news are important!

Error message: REST request failed. Headers : SPRequestGuid:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7SPRequestDuration:13request-id:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7 Error from response : {"error_description":"Missing signature."}

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. missing private channel owner

My last private channel owner was remove from the group by accident
    then, the private channel become no owner, no one can manage it

the owner was removed as I leave the plan of the group

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Meeting Experience Cannot Share Newly Opened Window

We have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 and have the New Meeting Experience turned on.

We have noticed that when in a call/meeting if you open a new Window/Application in the background you cannot share this in your current session. If you end the meeting and re-start then it is available. This means you can only share Windows that were open when the meeting started.

If you turn off the New Meeting Experience then it works as expected, you can open new Windows and start sharing them on the fly.

Looks to be a bug in New Meeting Experience?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. cmd+tab doens't go to Teams application

With every other application on my computer (Mac) I can hit Cmd+Tab and navigate between apps using the app switcher, when I let go of cmd+tab that program becomes active and the desktop switches to the desktop with the application, teams has not been doing that recently although it had this behavior in the past.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams Mobile App - Front facing camera zoomed in too far

Can the default camera zoom setting be set so it's not zoomed in as far? We consistently see people's foreheads when they join on the mobile app.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Participant to a single meeting in recurring meeting series can see the meeting chat forever

When someone is invited to a single occurrence of a series of recurring meetings, they will be able to see all messages subsequently sent on the meeting's chat, unless manually removed from the chat. This may not be a desirable behavior, if the said participant was only meant to participate to a single meeting (e.g. guest presenter to one meeting only, in a weekly meeting series)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Powerpoint does not move slides in presentation mode on the shared screen when using teams app or Trams on Safari/Mac

Being able to share powerpoint in presentation mode in teams app and web (shared screen hangs on screen of people shared with)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams Android mobile app crashes while opening a notification

Teams Android mobile app crashes when a new channel notification is opened from the notification tray. It says "something went wrong". Have to open Teams app again to see the notification.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cannot keep Contacts Groups collapsed

In the Chat window, under the Contacts tab, there should be a way to keep all the contact groups collapsed. After collapsing all, as soon as I click on a different tab or different area, they all expand again.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. macOS: teams video call freezes on notifications of teams (toast)

When I'm in a video call and a "popup" (toast) notification of teams is shown, for example because of a chat in a different channel or a notification of a new meeting starting, the video in the current call freezes for a while.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4460. It was last updated on 14/03/2020.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Desktop Teams App: English (UK) dictionary marks "I've" as a spelling mistake

Desktop Teams App > Settings > General > App Language > English (United Kingdom)

Typing "I've" marks it as a spelling mistake. It corrects to "I've" (i.e. stays the same), which is then marked as a mistake again.

I've deleted the en-GB.bdic file from the appData to reload it to no effect.

I'm on version 1.3.00.4461 (64 bit).

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Connect-MicrosoftTeams

I have an issue while connecting Microsoft teams with -AadAccessToken. Error details are provided below:

Is there any solution or alternative approach available in Microsoft-Teams Powershell Module to execute CS commands after making connection using Token.

Connect-MicrosoftTeams -AadAccessToken $token -AccountId $acctName

Account                    Environment Tenant                               TenantId

-------                    ----------- ------                               --------

<Email ID> AzureCloud  <Tenant Id> <Tenant Id>

PS C:\Users\ensar> Get-CsOnlineUser

Exception calling "GetSteppablePipeline" with "1" argument(s): "Exception calling "GetRemoteNewCsOnlineSession" with "1" argument(s): "Run either Connect-MicrosoftTeams or new-csonlinesession before running cmdlets.""

At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\MicrosoftTeams\2.0.0\net472\SfBORemotePowershellModule.psm1:9474 char:13

+             $steppablePipeline = $scriptCmd.GetSteppablePipeline($myI ...

+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletInvocationException

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Raise hands is very delayed for some participants

In our online class, teams raise hands feature is very delayed for some participants. Raised hands are visible minutes after the button was pressed. This happens only from time to time, for Mac users, MS Surface (Windows) and Windows Notebooks in the Teams Application. Webcam and Audio are not notably delayed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Phone Port Department has AWFUL/NO Communication

I got an email with an issue regarding 2 of my 3 port orders. I send an email to the ptn@microsoft.com address and I have received NO CORRESPONDENCE from them. I've opened a ticket with general support who has no clue and all they did was forward the ticket to the PTN email address. Every other phone service on earth has a tech support department you can communicate with via phone or trouble ticket but Microsoft's PTN department has a dead-end email address with NO RESPONSE, TROUBLE TICKET or way to get resolution on a time sensitive transaction (moving live…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base