Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App muito lento

O app é muito lento em aparelhos Android, sempre que vou abrir algum arquivo o app fecha sozinho e também é muito ruim a visualização de atividades pendentes, poderiam fazer uma parte com todas as atividades pendentes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Team picture is not visible to external members

When you set a custom Team picture (Manage Team -> Settings -> Team picture) it is not visible to external members.
    If you set the same picture in the associated SharePoint site (From the Teams app, go to Files -> Open in SharePoint then Cog/Settings -> Change the look -> Header -> Site logo) and the external member chooses to open files in SharePoint they will see the correct picture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ipad OneNote search handwriting

When handwriting in OneNote you should be able to search through the handwritten notes with the search feature. The feature is already available for the iOS software, but when it comes to OneNote you are only able to search the text portions of notes within OneNote so anything that you hand-write is not searchable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. as a producer/organizer I can share and queue a single source with no problems but the content left option is not working

as a producer/organizer I can share and queue a single source with no problems in a Live event but the content left option is not working?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Standalone Chat Feature

It would be nice if the chat feature could serve as its own island, like with Skype for Business. It's not as easy to chat with colleagues by having to go in the Teams app; the individual chat pop out doesn't make it any easier Please create a standalone chat feature!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Su aplicacion no sirve.

Esta aplicación no sirve está llena de errores y no notifica cuando dejan algún trabajo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problem in joining meetings

After updating the app, I am not able to join any meeting. After pressing the join button, it shows that getting details... and then it says "The meeting hasn't started yet. Please try again shortly" whereas the meeting has already started. Due to this reason, I am unable to join any meeting.On the other hand, the people who didn't update the app can join easily. I guess there is a glitch in the update which is resisting us from joining meetings. So please look into this matter and fix it as soon as possible because it is very serious. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pop Out chat ignores no Edits Teams policy

Showstopper security bug - we have Edits and Deletes disabled by policy (our archive vendor doesn't support it yet), but Pop Out chats ignore the Disable Edit policy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thumbnails created by system messages in chat may expose sensitive information

We had a recent issue where someone was sharing their screen in teams as part of a video. The user inadvertently shared a screen that had some sensitive info which got captured as part of the video. The video was stopped and deleted from stream, however the system message posted that the video was available with a thumbnail of the actual screen that had the sensitive information. There is no way to remove that system message or even the thumbnail at this point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. show chat in activity feed

The Activity Feed should (have the option to) include Chat msgs too. Then I can live in the Feed and not miss anything by clicking back and forth between Chat and Activity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams desktop client uses "app language" to determine date & time format

If I set app language to "English (US)" teams desktop app also changes date and time format to match the selected "region". Windows has a setting for date & time format, which is the format I want to use. Using the format associated with the language of the application doesn't make any sense. Either add a separate selection for date and time format, or respect the one selected in windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search in a specific chat history

My team is scattered worlwide. Often important information are posted in the chat like a serveur address, some links, etc... What I miss in teams is that the search is not context sensitive, i.e. it starts to search anywhere in Teams but not in the crurent chat history, Skype does this kind of search

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When using Teams screensharing for a website in Chrome on OSX, Teams slows down rendering of website content

A common use case for Teams for any software company would be demoing your platform to prospective clients using Microsoft Teams.

What frequently happens for us for Mac and PC Teams users, is when we share a Google chrome window of our platform, if Teams screen share is enabled, the web pages of our platform (and any other platform like Jira) load very slowly. If you disable Teams screenshare and load the same website, it loads normally.

This is not isolated to old computers, it happens on new computers with 16gb+ RAM. Somehow the system resource that Teams is using…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Random crash on Surface Pro X

It seems Teams could use a native ARM64 version, as it seems about once each call it will just randomly disappear and I have to re-load the client. It does work fine otherwise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iOS app crashes when selecting “Chat” tab in reoccurring meeting

We have a reoccurring weekly teams meeting and the chat tab has a long historical conversation with notes from previous occurrences.

Within the past 2 months, I can join the meeting fine and all other features work, but if I select the “Chat” tab in the meeting the whole app crashes.

When I rejoin my sound has been turned off so it took me a while to rejoin the meeting.

This happens for all “Chat” sessions that relate to a reoccurring meeting whether I select the chat in the meeting itself or from my main list of chat sessions. App…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Request Control" UI/UX needs to be revisited which is prone for unintentional access request and hinders many times in meetings

"Request Control" UI/UX needs to be revisited which is prone for unintentional access request and hinders many times in meetings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simplify chat panel contrast

Compared to Slack, the chat gallery/chat panel is so hard to visually navigate when there are new messages. Today the chat tread goes from regular font weight to BOLD - but that's hard to distinguish for people with limited visibility. A clear/high contrast indicator would be so much more helpful.

Also the subtext below the chat tread name - why does that need to be there? There's not enough space to even read what a person has written and that subtext just adds way more visual obstacles. As a visually impaired person, all i need to see in the chat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Eso tiene muchas fallas, no me deja entrar se me sale solo y esa app es muy maluca es muy lenta

Eso tiene muchas fallas, no me deja entrar se me sale solo y esa app es muy maluca es muy lenta

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)