Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tool bar does not auto-hide during video calls.

The tool bar appears when I move my mouse into the Teams video call window. However it does not disappear automatically even if I move the mouse out of the window. This obscures part of the screen and in particular hides information the presenter is attempting to show. This results in a lot of interruptions with participants asking the presenter to scroll up so that the information can be seen. It also gets in the way of screenshots.
    The auto-hide tool bar is not reliable, and it stays on the screen too long or does not hide itself at all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The MSTeams people status in outlook is not working for the status FOCUSING.

The MSTeams people status in outlook is not working for the status FOCUSING. it shows Away instead of focusing.
    Minor observation: I have updated the MS team configuration to show Teams status in OUTLOOK client. it works fine for all status, however it is not working the status from my analytics i.e. FOCUSING.

Instead of 'Focusing', it shows away in outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transferred calls should show original caller ID in history

When a call is transferred from a call queue the original number (Party A) is lost and not stored in the call history for the person it's being transferred to (Party C).

Instead, they just end up with a list of calls from whoever transferred the call (Party B).

Party A's Caller ID should be visible by Party C. Preferably with a note that it was transferred by Party B too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to sign in since app update on 16th July. Error message 'Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in'

Since 16th July Teams app update, upon inputting email address, error message 'we're having trouble signing you in' appears. App was working without issues since March until this point. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, restarting the phone. This is on Android 10 (Pixel 2).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Recording Full Screen Not Available

Skype had this features, but Teams lacks it in meetings. We have reverted back to Skype for these type of meetings due to the lack of clean recording in Teams. Here's the issue:

When a presenter is on video and everyone else is an attendee, we Pin the presenter's video to be full screen. We then have someone record the meeting so we can share with others later. When recorded, the meeting shows a four-square grid of the presenter and three other random people. We want the recording to show whatever is pinned or the presentation. Do not have the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. audio static with MS Team, Other apps (Zoom, Webex, etc) work great

There is audio static when using MS Teams. Company just switched to MS Teams without first test it. We had Webex for several years and it worked great. Not problems. Now with MS Teams, there are huge problems with audio static, even went all users are muted and all presenter is speaking. One meeting organized switched to Zoom because meeting was too static. Now IT has blocked Zoom. But Zoom work great with the same people and same devices. Please have other apps look at MS Teams code to fix the bugs with audio since they are doing something better…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tags feature is absent in Desktop version of Team

Tags feature is absent in Desktop version of Team recently.
    Normally I can right click at Team name to manage tags and using @ to notify subset of the team. These features are gone recently in Windows Desktop version.
    I'm using version 1.3.00.19173 (64-bit).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen stays active when on the call using an on-ear

When I take a call/meeting using a phone-like holding, the Teams app doesn't handle the screen correctly and I'm controlling the touch screen with my ear. I believe the proximity sensor should work the same way as the phone experience, hence disabling the screen incl. the digitiser. Using Nokia 7.2, Android 9.0 with 06/2020 updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please provide a way to disable shortcuts on Microsoft Teams App

Could you provide a way to disable/modify keyboard shortcuts on Microsoft Teams App? There is a really annoying issue where, depending on a keyboard localization and input source, frequently used characters (in this case the slash character "/") are taken over by your App’s keyboard shortcuts. So instead of being able to chat with people and apply a slash character into a sentence, the App displays a dialog window showing the keyboard shortcuts.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Specs for info:
    - Running on macOS Catalina 10.15.4
    - Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.15561

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tarefa retornada

Quando uma tarefa é retornada, eu clico em "exibir tarefa" ou, "view assignment". Porém, o aplicativo exibe uma mensagem, que diz, "não é possível levar você para esse destino no momento". Fui e estou sendo prejudicada por essa falha do App.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat on android

I am using Samsung Tab and during meeting on team, I did not get the chat option at all while doing the same meeting through laptop, I got the chat option.

Kindly advise on solutiins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My Language-Setting is German - this side is English

It is terrible to convince other people of youre products, because there is a mix of language especially between German and English in helpsides.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I cant see the recorded sessions or lectures as it doesn't start or load everytime i open it

I cant see the recorded sessions or lectures as it doesn't start or load everytime i open it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Switches audio source

Audio input source randomly switches during some calls from speaker to headset to headphones and so on. This especially happens during the first call of the day after logging in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File section

In mobile app of ms teams in the file section of channel every member of channel is facing same problem when we open file section we are able to see the shared files only of a second and then all of them vanish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Settings surveys vaue not saved

The settings for Survey (enabled/disabled) is not saved. I turn off surveys , exit from Teams, go back into teams and surveys is disabled.

A week later, Teams has surveys enabled again.

This is on the same computer and I did not reinstall Teams during the time period.

This has happened to multiple other settings for me - notifications, color theme, and more.

Does this saving and keeping the settings value actually get tested or is Teams always going to be low-quality and tested by end users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MS Teams automatically adds people to group chats

Hi Team,

I have encountered a strange behavior in MS Teams.

Issue,
    When you initiate a personal call with a member and then add new participants to the call, it will automatically match for a group chat with the new member added and transfer the call into the group chat.
    Further when you add new participants to the call, it will directly add those participant to the group chat exposing the chat history.
    All of this happens automatically without any warnings or user confirmations.

Steps to re-create,
    1. Create a group chat with 2 other members, let's say "Person A"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fill form lagging and loading forever

Hi, I have fill up this form 'Fill | ' everyday, but everytime I login from my Android phone, the loading gif keeps spinning (like 20mins and I give up waiting) and the form does not load up for me enter any values. My current workaround is to clear data and cache from Apps > Microsoft Teams. But if I do this, I have to login all over again.
    Is there a performance issue with the fill form, that cause this lag?

This seems to be a bug that I observed for 3 months and it didn't get better. Initially…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flows do not appear when creating them via Flow Tab (In Channel)

When creating a flow within a Flow Tab (within a channel) it does create a Team flow but it isn't visible in the Flow Tab. It is only visible under Team Flows within the personal app pinned to the left rail. This is confusing

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/flow-tabs-in-teams-channel-no-flows-can-be-found/m-p/1522829

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base