Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Outlook invite "Logo URL" not rendering

After adding a Logo URL to the Teams meeting settings, the URL itself is displayed in the Outlook meeting. It does not render the actual logo.

I've made changes to the URL twice to ensure the size is within limits (188x30px max) and that it was a .jpg file. Still only the URL shows.

Using the same accessible URLs in Skype meeting settings works properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guest users meeting access

The "meetings" tab doesn't show for guest users when, more often than not, it would be beneficial for the guest to have easy access to this. The meetings used to show up in the "chat" tab, and also would show in our general channel with them whilst the meetings were active - but now neither shows. Has there been a change to guest access on Teams? This seems to be a very functional part of Teams, that guests can no longer see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Android does not restart after update

Android understandably kills an app when updating it. Apps similar to Teams that are supposed to run in the background and show notifications like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, etc. restart right after updating.
    With Teams, I stop getting notifications after every update until I open it once manually to start everything up again. This has caused me to miss messages, etc., because I do not always remember to do it. It is also annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No notification on auto logout on Android

My organization requires that I log on to my account every 30 days. Every time this moment comes I automatically get signed out of Teams on my Android device without getting any notification. This causes me to miss important messages, calls, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Connection problem

Hello!

Have a trouble with the connection whole day. The response time is very long and in the end it shows me the picture below. I've tried to resign, but it doesn't help. The reloading of app is not a solution too.
    The OS version is High Sierra.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Taskbar icon is always hidden

I can't get ms teams taskbar icon to always display. I get a notification saying the application is not active while it is. It also doesn't show the icon when there are new notifications when the taskbar icon option is set to "only show notifications"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When pop up notifications disappear window flashes even if message was read

When a pop notification appears, if you click the Teams window on the taskbar and reply and then minimise it again before the pop up has disappeared, then when it does disappear the Teams window starts flashing orange to tell you there's a new message. Even though you already replied to it. Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight. Pretty annoying anyway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When typing in the dark theme, the text becomes somethimes white, people with the light theme cannot read it.

This is not only for the wiki, but also when copying pasting text from previous chats in the dark theme and send it to people with the light team is really bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [forum bug] Finnish text asks me a strange confirmation before submitting an idea

(as before, there should be a category for the bug tracker itself.)

For some reason, using IE edge and Finnish locale, I saw this text today. What am I approving=?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Having an issue with chatting at the same time while editing a document

We're having an issue in Teams. My department is in the group/team, and while we're modifying the document we are not on a shared chat window. We can see each member making an edit on the document, but each of us have our own chat window that is not joined.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi There, when we start a new chat with a user in teams it automatically sending the message to Skype for business?? How to control this?

Hi There, when we start a new chat with a user in teams it automatically sending the message to Skype for business?? How to control this? also some user's name just display as unkown user one of sudden.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Opening in full screen

Every time I minimize the window, when I re-open it, it changes to full screen.

I will take it out of full screen, minimize it, and it happens again every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Comment bug

When I want to add a comment in my tasks I am getting following error:

You no longer have access to "8a008963-a802-400a-8b46-f80effab1371". Technical details
    Correlation ID: f3641f46-c479-43fa-ab31-6a3bba0cfca5
    Time Stamp: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 11:48:45 GMT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 team members account suspended after joining Microsoft Teams

Hi! After Joining Microsoft teams 4 of our 21 team members got their account suspended due to spam abuse (we don;t know why as it happend durind the weekend). They follow all the instructions to get their account back but when they want to get the verification code it sais "Service unavailable, try again later" we have tried this many times and it says the same all the time. How can we get the account back? It's super important as it affect our work...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limited Mobile notifications setting doesn't work ....

… when you choose "only when inactive on desktop". Mobile notifications still come regardless of the fact of recent desktop activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Invite people to my organization, got different result

When I invite people to join my organization from Group>manage group>manage group members>add members, I get different result for different email address. It's strange that the emails using my org domain can not be added as member, but others can. For example, my org's domain is @yunzhiqu.com, all email address with this domain can not be added as member.
    But, if I invite people from Manage your organization>invite others to your org, it would be OK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't find the Dynamics CRM connector

I've seen Youtube videos on adding Dynamics CRM, our company currently uses it and we think this is great as Facebook Workplace doesn't have this. We are thinking of switching but I can't find it anywhere. has it been removed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am not able to delete folders in Teams

I created a folder in teams and synched it up with sharepoint online.i created a test folder to try some stuff and when I am trying to delete it,it says deleted but shows up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base