Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot make voice calls with Teams on Iphone

Cant make Teams voice call on Iphone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opening a file from Teams in Native Excel on any Windows 10 Machine Opens an Older Same Named File

When opening a newly created file in Teams that has the same name as an older pre-existing file on a local machine or on a network share that the computer in question has accessed before, is opened in Teams, shows as the correct file, but when trying to open that file on a local copy of excel on any Windows 10 environment, opens the older file on the local machine or network share and not the version stored in Teams.

steps to replicate
    - load teams
    - select file to view in teams
    > loads new version of the file …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pastas com permissão de leitura nao estao sendo exibidas no celular android

Pastas com permissão de leitura nao estao sendo exibidas em arquivos no celular android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Last seen status for offline user is needed

Last seen status is needed even user is offline. We Should see the time stamp. So we can wait for him based on his time zone. Was there this feature in Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. physical mic muting upon muting in teams

My physical microphone on my headset mutes itself every time I mute myself on Microsoft teams, preventing me from using other applications like discord at the same time. I would like to unlink this so that when I press the mute button for my microphone, my microphone could be still used in other applications as mentioned before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. contact groups in Teams online different than the desktop app

I created a new contact group and have remaned all gropus in the desktop app.
    I can see the changings in the Android app. But the web app ( https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/conversations) has still the old group names and the new group is missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't upload attachments to chatbots integrated in MS Teams on mobile devices

We have integrated some of our chatbots (Microsoft Bot Framework) into Microsoft Teams and everything is working except attachment upload on mobile. I can upload attachments on desktop no problem. On iOS, I only have the option to take a picture, not attach a file/image. On Android I have neither option - no taking pictures and no uploading attachments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Powerpoint does not move slides in presentation mode on the shared screen when using teams app or Trams on Safari/Mac

Being able to share powerpoint in presentation mode in teams app and web (shared screen hangs on screen of people shared with)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocking phone numbers doesn’t work

Blocking phone numbers doesn’t work. I have blocked some numbers and I STILL get repeated calls from them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Links don't work (PPSX,PDF Files) Teams Desktop

Hi everyone, my problem is this, I am using the TEAMS desktop application. I upload files with the extension "ppsx, pdf" to the files section of any group. Then I open these files in the application. After opening the application, I click on the links in the files with the extension "ppsx, pdf". The link does not work. In order to run the connection, I download the file to my desktop or use the TEAMS application via the web browser. I'm adding a sample video explaining my problem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Problems reconnecting after domain password change

Always get message saying "We're sorry - we've run into an issue." When opening Teams after domain password change. This was a consistent and reproducible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't join meeting

Cannot join an ongoing meeting through the app when going to the specific channel. Sometimes you can join through the agenda, but if the meeting isn't scheduled there you're unable to see a join button in the channel, which just keeps loading forever.

This is in the Android client on a Samsung Galaxy S10+.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. assignments message that "something went wrong"

My students today are reporting that when accessing a file that a teacher attached to an assignment (both PDF and Word docs so far) that they get a screen that merely says "something went wrong." This is cross platform/browsers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. notifications

I am not getting any notifications on my phone.
    I enabled notifications in my phone settings as well as in app settings marked as ‘Always’ .
    Tried updating the app still doesn’t work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No notifications on mobile

When I am on my mobile (huawei p smart 2019 with android 10) I do not get any notifications, neither for the messages nor for the calls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Praise in posts

It is possible to praise someone on the chat but it is not possible to send praise on "posts" tab in a group even though there is an option to send praise. When you click "praise" there is no option to add anybody to praise because when you write someone's name in "to" space, it still says "We didn't find any matches".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delay between HG und Voicemail

I try to create a telephone system in teams.
    My config: AA -> HG (after 15 seconds if no one answers forward to) -> AA (which only forward to Voicemail)

There are 10 seconds silence between HG and AA_Voicemail before the caller hears the Voicemail ("You can leave a message....")

can i reduce this time?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When a Teams invite is forwarded to a person, the person cannot access the chat

When a TEAMS invite is Forwarded to a person, this person can join the meeting and able to use the chat during the meeting BUT when the meeting ends the chat becomes inaccessible. From security perspective this would make sense when a person is invited to ONE meeting but not the recurring series. In case a full series of meetings is forwarded and accepted by the person it is forwarded to, the described response is similar (people cannot access the chat).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Read receipts Teams - dont work for all users on Chat or Groups

We are from Spain,

For us dont work Read Receipts on all users. I talked with Microsoft Support about it, and told me that them are disabling temporary it on some servers... because was a lot new users using M.Teams.

For us is very important be fixed it. Please enable again read receipts as soon as... Without it, our Team and Company CANT WORK fine.. and we have to work with free Skype.. isn´t normal we have to use FREE Skype instead Teams that we paid Licenses users. THANKS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base