Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Networks and Locations in TEAMS Admin not pulling Emergency Addresses

Validated Emergency address's in Teams admin console are not showing when updating subnets in Networks and Locations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual backgrounds not working

Virtual backgrounds used to work with Teams Client for macOS. But with v. 1.3.00.9271. on macOS Catalina (10.15.2) I'm not longer able to select and use any virtual backgrounds at all anymore. The actual bacground files are still in the respective folder. Already re-installed the client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the linux client hangs my computer, usually once every 24 hours or so. Watchdog errors

the linux client hangs my computer, usually once every 24 hours or so. Watchdog errors. It seems to cause kswap0 to max out making the computer unresponsive. A sample from the logs;

May 22 15:44:42 F512FA kernel: traps: Watchdog[802146] trap invalid opcode ip:55d753b3c724 sp:7f02967fb8a0 error:0 in teams[55d752012000+4bf6000]
    May 25 14:53:06 F512FA kernel: traps: Watchdog[1185161] trap invalid opcode ip:560c41621724 sp:7f5804ff88a0 error:0 in teams[560c3faf7000+4bf6000]
    May 26 09:40:55 F512FA kernel: traps: Watchdog[13698] trap invalid opcode ip:55c957757724 sp:7f69867fb8a0 error:0 in teams[55c955c2d000+4bf6000]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams locks SharePoint file properties for extended time

Teams desktop client locks SharePoint files for around 15mins, even after "closing" in Teams. This prevents users, PowerApps and Flows from editing document metadata/column properties for any document in SharePoint that has been viewed in Teams within the last few minutes. This makes it diffucult to build automation as error handling must be built into steps that try to update document properties. Also it's confusing for users who enounter the issue even after closing the file in Teams. SharePoint web, Office web apps and desktop apps release the file imediately, why can't teams do the same? Research indicates this has…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot rename file after editing

Environment: Google Chrome on Mac
    1. I create a Word document in Teams
    2. I open the file in online editing mode
    3. I close the document via the top right "close" button
    4. I try to rename the file in the directory
    5. I get the error message that the file is locked by me.

It starts to work after about 10 minutes.
    Why do I have to wait when I have correctly closed the file in the first place?

Very annoying, borderline unusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams control ribbon menu obstructing

In a Teams meeting where someone is sharing their screen, the meeting control bar (audio/video, share, chat, leave meeting, etc) is centered in the lower part of the screen, but can still obstruct part of the material being presented / shared.

While this goes away if your mouse pointer is positioned to the left or right of the presentation and not moved for a while, however, in today's multitasking world, that's not realistic.

So, could you please make it so this control bar can be moved to the left or right and displayed vertically, or at least make it so…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Meeting obstructed

In a Teams meeting where someone is sharing their screen, the meeting control bar (audio/video, share, chat, leave meeting, etc) is centered in the lower part of the screen, but can still obstruct part of the material being presented / shared.

While this goes away if your mouse pointer is positioned to the left or right of the presentation and not moved for a while, however, in today's multitasking world, that's not realistic.

So, could you please make it so this control bar can be moved to the left or right and displayed vertically, or at least make it so…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Looks like teams is not compatibility tested with Skype. With Teams meeting ON, when skype is still running it creates dialing noises

Looks like teams is not compatibility tested with Skype. With Teams meeting ON, when skype is still running (not in a call or so but even just signed in or even not signed in condition too) it creates dialing noises like dial tones. Many users in our organization are facing this issue and I found that as soon as we Exit Skype App from windows from being active, this dialing noise goes away from Teams meetings. It's so strange that both products belong to Microsoft and they have not done a compatibility testing for these before launching Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Message thread not working on Desktop client

Mobile App messaging works fine but Desktop is not threading messages in Chat. Please fix ASAP because we are not able to stay on-point of a message topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. clicking on a pasted picture in the chat screen, does not show the full size picture anymore

In the chat screen, clicking on a picture pasted, does not show the full size picture, but a 'broken image' icon. Restarting Teams solves the problem for a while and than again, restarting Teams is required...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to Pick Up or Hang Up Calls

Using a Logitech Zone Wireless, was working seamlessly with Teams until recently. I'm now having trouble trying to hang up or pick up with the button located on the headset. Have tested the headset with other devices (such as Apple phone) and it does not have this issue. I have tried one laptop and one desktop (Windows), both having the same issue right now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Idle too quickly

Goes to idle mode too quickly. Would be nice if I had the option to stay available as long as I want.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. End users are experiencing Teams authentication failures after updating local AD

Our company synchronizes on premise AD with AzureAD. End users are experiencing Teams authentication failures after updating local AD password. We have a workaround for this situation which includes clearing the user's windows credential manager, uninstalling Teams, deleting the user's Teams folder from user\appdata, then re-installing Teams. We need to improve the end user's experience. Please advise if a better solution exists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Visible participants in a meeting cannot be controlled

Now that we have got nine boxes to see participants in a meeting, you can't control who to see with webcam-picture. You do not see other participants who have a webcam on if you attach them, instead the participant is shown with a still image icon. Only when the participants who are visible disconnect from the meeting are other participants with a webcam visible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notifications from multiple Workspaces

When I work with multiple Workspaces from different organizations, I don't see any notification from all other Workspaces, I do from currently selected only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If using "Pop out chat" in the new windows cannot send picture if pasted from clipboard.

Send picture in chat from clipboard working fine in main chat window, but pop-up chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams does not work thru Apple Car play. It used to. But with the recent update, when you try and use it thru my car, the app crashes

I used to be able to be on a teams call in my car while driving. Recently this has been an issue. The app will crash when I use Apple car play. However, when I use the speaker phone function on my phone, it’s fine. Please fix this, so it is hands free again! I work remotely and need to be able to use teams in my car

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Half my chat history is is missing half the time!

Redirect the sever to a local storage, idk - but this app is impractical

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Vibration can't be turned off for reactions on Android

When reacting to something, the Android client generates a strong vibration even though my phone is on silent. I have to use an adb command to disable notifications for the entire app as the only workaround.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base