Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switching between guest tenants requires sign out

On the windows desktop app we have a number of users who have been invited to be guests in other tenants. Most of the time they user can switch between different tenants that they are a guest of and back to their primary tenant, or another guest tenant. However one (it is the same one for all users) where if they switch to that particular guest tenant, to switch out, they must log out and log back into Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error when logging in Teams

Hello.

I have experienced MS Teams login issue, which occurred on 03.02.2020.

Initially started with non-sent messages, then after trying to re-login to the application, I wasn't able to login with my user.

Login issue appeared on all devices incl. Desktop app smartphone (via Android app), and browser app (using Google Chrome browser).

Same issue happened to some of my colleagues (in the same premises) at the same time, and only for account with specific domain.

Please advise on the issue resolution.
    Regards,

Kirill

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't login from my laptop.

I can authenticate and use the app on my cell phone, but my desktop refuses to login at this time, no changes have been made to the desktop, it was working at 8:40 this morning, by 8:45 it had stopped responding. It simply says there was an error logging in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. High Contrast theme inverts color of images uploaded in OneNote tabs within a team

Images inserted/uploaded in a OneNote tab for a team display with inverted colors when in High Contrast theme.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Live meeting orientation

Issue on the android phone with live event meeting as a regular user attending session. When I change orientation on my phone, the meeting loader icon keeps spinning. I need to close that window and rejoin meeting.
    SM-G965U is my phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple accounts bugs galore

I've added a second account to the App. When I switch accounts, things get completely out of whack - teams disappear from lists, in particular. Switching back and forth makes matters worse to the point where Teams from the wrong account get displayed while supposedly signed into another account. The only solution is to sign-out of all the additional accounts and reset the database/clear the cache. It's a mess.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Android App "Unknown User"

Seemingly randomly, but user names in Chat become "Unknown User", and only by actually entering the chat does it refresh and then display the proper user name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow us to disable incoming video in the call options before joining a meeting

I often have to dial into calls in the car. Setting up meeting settings for every meeting means I need to spend more time pulled over on the side of the road.

If I know I'm going to have to disable video due to the quality of the cell network in my area I'd like to do it before I join the meeting. I don't want to have to wait until the quality gets bad.

Please make this an option I can choose before joining the meeting just like the audio options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Joining a meeting gets stuck after choosing audio options

After choosing my audio options and clicking "join meeting" the audio options dialog is not dismissed. It sits there while it "connects" to the meeting.

The meeting manages to connect, and I can hear people talking in the background, but the audio options dialog is never dismissed. It just stays there.

I need to click the android back arrow to dismiss the dialog, then click the bar at the top of the client to "re-open" the meeting in order for it to do anything.

This started happening a few updates back and I'm astounded that it has lasted this long.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleted Groups in Teams Shifts still shows when in Day View

There is a bug I found in Teams Shift. During my early exploration of the APP, I created a work plan for our existing Teams members. Once I got familiar with the APP, I deleted the dummy Team Shifts Group that I created for practice and created a real Shifts Group for our team.

I noticed that when in Day View, my deleted Groups still shows for me team members who either have Time-Off added for that day.  So the names would show as duplicated for all the groups (2 from the deleted and 1 for the real group).

I
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint app isn't adhering to default view

When using the SharePoint app to expose a list in Teams, it doesn't adhere to the default view choice set on the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow custom URL for AutoDiscover in Exchange Hybrid model

When having an Exchange Hybrid infrastructure, the Calendar in Teams only show up in the Team app for users with an on-premises mailbox if the AutoDiscover URL is published on the Internet (https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc or https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc).

However in some contexts, AutoDiscover DNS record is not published on the Internet because of some security constraints. This is not an issue for Exchange Hybrid because it is possible to specify a custom AutoDiscover URL (for example https://mail.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc) for the on-premises environment with the parameter TargetAutodiscoverEpr in the Organizational Relationship between Exchange Online and Exchange OnPrem.

There is no such way…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Files tab missing in the android app

The files tab is missing in the Android app so there is no way to get to them, it's been missing for about a year now and I have the latest version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications block the text box! I couldnt answer my teacher in a timely manner because I got an assignment notification. how embarrasing!

the notifications box popped up and blocked my chat window and I could not type my answer to my teachers question. I couldn't find any way to dismiss the box immediately, and when I moused over the notification to find a way to dismiss it, it made the box dwell longer, further delaying my answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Opened teams and wanted to login again and get white page

I opened Teams today and it asked to sign in. I get the first login page, which is the Microsoft login and do so and then pick my work/school account and it transfers me to a white blank page. I right clicked and hit reload and still no luck. Rebooted nothing. Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams folder and launched again and same problem. Seems to be a common problem among Teams across Windows, Mac, etc. Thought getting rid of ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams would fix it, but no luck. Not sure what the fix is? macOS 10.13.6 and Teams 1.2.00.34155

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sharing a file of the same name asks me "Keep Both" more than once

If I shared an Index.htm file to a conversation each week as an ad-hoc report result, each time I share it it says there is already a file called "Index.htm" and asks me what I want to do.

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(1).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(2).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(3).htm" and asks me what to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Uploading of pictures

When I try to upload pictures from my android phone the app states that I need to log in because uploading was temporarily stopped. But I am logged in. I have not had any issues with uploading of pictures previously, when I limit the number of pictures to less than 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. IOS Safari: "launch it now" button on teams.microsoft.com/dl/launcher does not work.

On IOS, when a users presses a Teams link in the MS Oulook app, the user is directed to a URL that starts with

https://teams.microsoft.com/dl/launcher

Neither button on this page works for users on an IOS device:
    - the 'launch it now' button doesn't do anything
    - the 'Get the teams app' button triggers downloading the OS X Teams installer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base