Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Copy Link" or alternative should give direct access to link not formatted html

I want to be able to use "Copy Link" and past the link into:

• url bar

• Jira issue

• github comment/issue

• gitlab comment/issue

• text editor

Currently however "Copy Link" puts html on the clipboard which disallows the above use cases.

Below I paste the clipboard contents from "Copy Link":
    Patrick Wheeler: test can I link to a reply
    posted in ATR / test copy link in new channel at Apr 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Similar issue:
    * https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33896725--copy-link-aka-permalink-doesn-t-work-properly

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hungarian translation is not complete

The Hungarian translation of Teams for Education is not complete on the Windows platform (desktop application and from browser). The Assignment section is not translated at all. This is a critical part of the software and students have trouble to use this part. How can we get Hungarian translation?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not everyone able to use the chat function during large meetings

Some users in our organization reported that during large meetings (we had more than 160 users in the meeting) they cannot see the "Show Conversation" option in the control bar and hence cannot view or participate the chat. Is this a known issue?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Files shared to a team don't show in the mobile app

I am in a class team, and a piece of homework was set with a file uploaded to the team. All of my classmates couldn't access the files from the app on their mobile app (both Android and iPhone), only by accessing the desktop website or app, either on their computer or by requesting the desktop site in their mobile browser.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams desktop memory and CPU leak

Windows 7 with all updates. Desktop Teams 1.2.00.21068 (64-bit) - the latest available for me at this moment. High CPU and memory usage (see attached image). Teams window is not active, no chats and other activity. It happens sometimes, I can't find any pattern. The only way is to kill processes. Closing the app just closes that process with high memory usage.

Installed Memory - 8 GB, Processor - Intel Core i5-2320

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Teams' calls doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices

Although it shows an option to speak the calls on Bluetooth device when I try using, it never connect me to my headset. However my Bluetooth headset is already paired and connected to my mobile

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Invited to Team > signed in > stuck in sign in loop (Want to switch to Microsoft? We might ask you to sign in again'

A partner at a different organization invited me to join a Team. I can't access the account--the issue:
    1. Clicked invite to join Team created by partner
    2. Signed in to Teams using my Office 365 Premium account (joined to my business domain)
    3. The Team doesn’t display under the ‘Teams’ section
    4. The notification next to my account name tells me I have six new alerts/messages (I also received six email alerts stating I’ve been tagged in a discussion in the Team I was invited to)
    5. When I click on my account name, it show me an alternate…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assignment and Classification are not translated into Slovak.

Our school uses Microsoft Teams for online teaching. We would like to ask if it would be possible to translate the tabs with assigned tasks and also the Classification tab into Slovak. There are small children in the first grade and they do not always speak English. In all versions of the application - web, desktop as well as on the mobile version in Slovak translation, these parts of the application are not translated into Slovak.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Request Control button appears right where Show Participants was; too easy to request control

Right as you're joining an already-running meeting, the first thing you want to do is see who's in the meeting, so you go to click on the Show Participants button... then the Request Control button finally loads, and appears right where the Show Participants button was, shifting it to the left. So you end up clicking on Request Control when you never meant to do that. I've done that to many times, and it's very embarrassing. It throws the presenter off-track (disrupts their train of thought), and everyone in the meeting is wondering why I feel I need to take…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Linux Client not working on gov domain

Trying to use the linux client to connect to teams on the gov network, but just stalls out. Log seems to indicate an invalid url.

Steps:

• Launch preview app.

• Enter work account ([user]@[domain].com).

• Enter password.

• Window closes.

• Splash screen opens with at "Loading Microsoft Teams" for about 30 seconds.

• Teams window reopens saying "We've run into an issue" for about 10 seconds.

• Asks to sign in again. Rinse and repeat.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Renaming a channel isn't applied to all areas that the channel name is used.

Original Name: "Test Renaming"
    New Name: "Test Renaming1"

Areas that the old channel name continues to appear.
    - Under the Files tab
    - The backend folder of the channel
    - The url used for "Open in SharePoint"

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bulk delete functionality is not there...

Bulk delete option should there if someone wants to delete a whole chat or multiple messages at the same time.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications

Team channels need notifications asap. I post to a team/group channel and members don't know about it until they manually go to the channel. Defeats the purpose of the channel. This is a major issue for the group

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Series Meeting doesn't shows button for "join teams meeting" in outlook ribbon for a single occurrence

Teams Series Meeting doesn't shows button for "join teams meeting" in outlook ribbon for a single occurrence, but it shows if I use the option open series.

For all created Meeting Series with different users and tenants, we verified that the option to open occurrence in Outlook doesn't shows the "Teams Join Meeting" button and the answer from Microsoft was that this is by design, but it looks like that it is a bug in design.

You can verify the results on attached images.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Caller ID Name Display

For Canadian callers, the outgoing name display does not currently work. When I make an outgoing phone call via MS Teams, the call recipient only sees my business number. They do not see my company name or any name associated with that number. In the US, there is a CNAME database that needs to be updated with a name for each phone number. In Canada, there is no database. The caller's phone company sends the caller's name, whether it is VoIP or traditional phone. Please, MS Teams, add a feature where Canadian customers can indicate what business name should appear…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sorting by names in teams is not the same as in onenote

As a teacher we use teams and onenote together. When improving assignments, it is recommended that the alphabetical ranking in teams is the same as in onenote.

There is also a difference between De Witte and DeWitte.

Please uniformity please

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Desktop App restarts itself when closed

Windows 10. When i close the desktop app, it restarts itself - every time.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Android Teams login issues

I have to login to Teams each time I switch to it on android, then log back into outlook each time I switch back

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base