Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams.exe - Installation has failed Error Pop Up

This error message appeared after a user has logged back into the computer. It looks like Teams is trying to update itself but has failed to.

Temporary workarounds we have done is to remove Teams and download the latest update through the Teams website. But when Teams pushes another update, the same error message will appear.

Another workaround we did is go to C:\ProgramData\User\Microsoft\Teams and set the security permission of that folder so the user has full control.And then do a restart on the machine.

I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this error and if there's hopefully a…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop Teams App: English (UK) dictionary marks "I've" as a spelling mistake

Desktop Teams App > Settings > General > App Language > English (United Kingdom)

Typing "I've" marks it as a spelling mistake. It corrects to "I've" (i.e. stays the same), which is then marked as a mistake again.

I've deleted the en-GB.bdic file from the appData to reload it to no effect.

I'm on version 1.3.00.4461 (64 bit).

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot keep Contacts Groups collapsed

In the Chat window, under the Contacts tab, there should be a way to keep all the contact groups collapsed. After collapsing all, as soon as I click on a different tab or different area, they all expand again.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams Kills all Network Connectivity During Calls

Despite having a good WiFi or Ethernet connection, regardless of which network I'm on, if I join a Microsoft Teams call, all network connectivity stops working and teams simultaneously reports poor call quality and no network connectivity. All this while on an active call which I can see and hear. Here's a full description of symptoms.

Every time I connect to a Teams meeting:

• Incoming call quality is ok. I can hear and see others.

• Outgoing call quality is very poor. Others say my voice is breaking up.

• If I unmute and speak for more than a few seconds, I…
    25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Android no longer holding sign in info for the past few weeks. Uninstalling and reinstall does not resolve

Fix the sign in loop for Outlook and Teams mobile apps for Android devices. The apps continually request sign in info and do not keep up to date/real time messages due to the sign in being lost. When clicking the notification (see attached) it does not require you to input a password, it just tries to reconnect.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage calendar updates the same as Outlook online

When changes are made to a meeting invite from within the Teams calendar - e.g. adding a new attendee - an update is sent to ALL attendees. The expected behaviour is that the update logic used by Outlook Online is used as per the article below - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3197165/send-updates-options-for-attendees-are-not-displayed-in-outlook-on-the

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Teams' calls doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices

Although it shows an option to speak the calls on Bluetooth device when I try using, it never connect me to my headset. However my Bluetooth headset is already paired and connected to my mobile

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams Bug - When tenant admin deletes a user, a notification is displayed that the team owner deleted the user. This is not correct.

When a tenant admin removes a user from Office365, the user is also removed from all groups obviously. This triggers a notification in Teams saying that the user has been removed from the team. The notification wrongly says that the team owner (or one of the team owners) deleted the user from the team. This is not correct, and causes the team owners to think that their account has been compromised.
    A better way to handle this event is just a simple email to the team owners, or at least an option to disable said notifications. In any case, if…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AD telephoneNumber field must appear in the Call drop-down menu

In Skype for Business, any and all telephone numbers published in AD (i.e. main / primary "telephoneNumber", "mobile", "homePhone", "otherTelephone" etc.) would appear in a drop-down menu (along with the default "Skype for Business call") any time there was a call button, either from the buddy list or from the contact card.

In Teams, this is quite broken:

1 Phone numbers visible in the contact card in Teams are not diallable / hyperlinked.

2 The Call button from the contact card presents a different user experience to the Call button in the chat screen. In the chat screen, it provides

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Looking for new messages...

A user's chat tab constantly shows a message at the bottom "Looking for new messages..." and does not go away. The only way to see the new messages they sent, or that I send, is to click a different chat tab and return to it. The same issue has been reported here by other users: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/looking-for-new-messages/m-p/1418490
    and here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/issue-looking-for-new-message/191628f2-4bcc-4a13-9d8f-1c2059687b4a

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Consuming a lot of Windows memory

Teams are consuming too much computer memory unnecessarily.

Skype for Business consumes less memory than teams.

Resolves this annoying problem as 4GB computers suffer when using the Teams application.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

• restart mac

• clear some application data / caching things

• re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Users can no longer preview/expand images

For a couple weeks, no one on my team has been able to expand image files to preview them — both those posted in chats and in channels. Instead, when a user clicks on an image to expand it, she gets a broken image icon. We have to download images to view them expanded.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base