Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recorded video

Can't see or download recorded video of meeting in chat log.

Can see it on web client on computer.

Please let people download video to their phone.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cmd+tab doens't go to Teams application

With every other application on my computer (Mac) I can hit Cmd+Tab and navigate between apps using the app switcher, when I let go of cmd+tab that program becomes active and the desktop switches to the desktop with the application, teams has not been doing that recently although it had this behavior in the past.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If "new meeting experience" is enabled, telephone calls that come inbound from a Call Queue can not be answered and disconnect immediately

If the "new meeting experience" is enabled on Teams Version 1.3.0019173 (64bit) Windows 10 then users in our telephone call queue can no longer answer any incoming calls. They are disconnected immediately upon answering. Disabling "new meeting experience" resolves this for now.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incorrect status showing in Teams

Incorrect status showing in Teams. if user away also showing in meeting and sometimes available

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to switch organizations after 1.4.00.7556 update

After updating Teams linux desktop client to version 1.4.00.7556 I am unable to switch organizations.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Click on organization where I am guest to switch org

Expected: Activity/Chat/Teams for the guest org should appear

Actual:
    - "Loading Microsoft Teams" screen appears
    - Content for the guest org appear for ~2 seconds
    - "Loading Microsoft Teams" screen reappears
    - I am back in my main organization

Workaround:
    Switching organizations works fine in the web app in Chromium browser

System info:
    - Fedora Linux 33 with kernel 5.11.11-200.fc33.x86_64…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Webcam video other participants can see is black and white or has weird graphic artifacts

Since about 1-2 weeks before Christmas 2020, on any MS Teams call my video is presented to other participants either in black and white or with weird graphical artifacts (colored shadows over the video), while my preview looks completely normal.

Based on reddit thread and MS Teams forum discussion (see links below) I am not the only one experiencing this; also based on the discussion my first guess would be a relation to nVidia GPU and GPU drivers (I have a GTX 1070 GPU with latest drivers, Logitech Brio web cam).

Example screen shot of a shared Teams window (including…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Presenter view in Powerpoint shows others blank screen

It looks like it isn't possible to present to a team call with presenter notes, as they get a blank screen when that view is chosen. It is possible to use a normal presentation or to just share the window and step through the slides that way, but it isn't possible to get visibility of the presenter notes as part of a proper presentation. This was from a Macbook presenting to a Macbook from the desktop Teams application.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Raise hands is very delayed for some participants

In our online class, teams raise hands feature is very delayed for some participants. Raised hands are visible minutes after the button was pressed. This happens only from time to time, for Mac users, MS Surface (Windows) and Windows Notebooks in the Teams Application. Webcam and Audio are not notably delayed.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cursor jumps to the end of message, when I change it somewhere in the middle

This. It is very-very annoying! Please fix it!
    Not sure but maybe it is related to keyboard language switching.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/23/20.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using Share screen to share an Excel Worksheet is problematic on the receiving end.

Sharing an Excel spreadsheet under the Window heading is problematic. On the receiving end it sometimes displays as blank(white) or just a static image where participants cant see any activity like scrolling, highlighting a cell, etc. It works fine when sharing through the Desktop heading, but sharing the application (Window) itself presents the issues above.

Windows10 Enterprise
    Ms Teams 1.3.00.15561(64bit)
    IE and Goggle Chrome
    HP Elitebook

I've already cleared those Teams cache folders under %appdata%. Also performed a re-install of Ms Teams. The Excel files are small, still KB's in size. I once tried sharing an IE browser and it…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer shows individual schedule under Your Shifts.

The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer show individual schedule under Your Shifts. However, my schedule is still visible under Team Shifts.
    Going to Settings > Shifts > Clear Shifts App Data did NOT correct the issue.
    Deleting the app and re-adding it did NOT correct the issue.
    If I go to Settings > Profile > View Schedule, I can see my current work schedule.
    Your Shifts was working correctly under version 2.0.10.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Presenter and Attendee roles for Meetings in Microsoft Teams .Meetings need to be sent out first.

Meeting organizers will now have an option to define roles for meeting attendees: presenter and attendee. Presenters will have full control over the meeting, whereas meeting attendees cannot share content, take control, mute or remove other participants, admit people waiting in the lobby, or start/stop recordings.However the meeting option only allows to select presenters if the invitations are sent out.Could it be fixed so that while creating the meeting itself user can select the presenters?

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn off incoming video option missing

The option to turn off incoming video has now been removed. This is a really important feature for people with learning difficulties as the video can distract.

Why do MS keep making these changes that have an adverse effects on users with specific needs?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base