Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cursor jumps to the end of message, when I change it somewhere in the middle

This. It is very-very annoying! Please fix it!
    Not sure but maybe it is related to keyboard language switching.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/23/20.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Presenter view in Powerpoint shows others blank screen

It looks like it isn't possible to present to a team call with presenter notes, as they get a blank screen when that view is chosen. It is possible to use a normal presentation or to just share the window and step through the slides that way, but it isn't possible to get visibility of the presenter notes as part of a proper presentation. This was from a Macbook presenting to a Macbook from the desktop Teams application.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Presenter and Attendee roles for Meetings in Microsoft Teams .Meetings need to be sent out first.

Meeting organizers will now have an option to define roles for meeting attendees: presenter and attendee. Presenters will have full control over the meeting, whereas meeting attendees cannot share content, take control, mute or remove other participants, admit people waiting in the lobby, or start/stop recordings.However the meeting option only allows to select presenters if the invitations are sent out.Could it be fixed so that while creating the meeting itself user can select the presenters?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. staticTabs are created automatically in manifest.json without name and contentUrl, So we could not install Bot.

When we create custom app bot using APP STUDIO, Personal tabs(about, conversations) are created automatically. Then i try to install the app, the error will occur.
    The error when i install app is as bellow.

manifest.json の読み取り中にエラーが発生しました:
    "staticTabs[0].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[0].contentUrl" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].contentUrl" は必須です

This error message say each name and contentUrl are required, but I can not edit and delete each tabs from APP STUDIO.

There was not this problem before.
    Does anyone know what is the problem in this situation?

Thanks.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer shows individual schedule under Your Shifts.

The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer show individual schedule under Your Shifts. However, my schedule is still visible under Team Shifts.
    Going to Settings > Shifts > Clear Shifts App Data did NOT correct the issue.
    Deleting the app and re-adding it did NOT correct the issue.
    If I go to Settings > Profile > View Schedule, I can see my current work schedule.
    Your Shifts was working correctly under version 2.0.10.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Incorrect status showing in Teams

Incorrect status showing in Teams. if user away also showing in meeting and sometimes available

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Caller ID Name Display

For Canadian callers, the outgoing name display does not currently work. When I make an outgoing phone call via MS Teams, the call recipient only sees my business number. They do not see my company name or any name associated with that number. In the US, there is a CNAME database that needs to be updated with a name for each phone number. In Canada, there is no database. The caller's phone company sends the caller's name, whether it is VoIP or traditional phone. Please, MS Teams, add a feature where Canadian customers can indicate what business name should appear…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams on iPad OS cannot open Office Files

Teams on IPad OS beta 13 cannot open most Microsoft Office files within the files section. It states that they are unsupported file types. Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents affected. OneNote seems to open though.

Any ideas?

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen share won't find newly open programs

When doing screen share in a Teams meeting, it will not find newly opened programs after the meeting starts. You need to stop the meeting open all programs and then you can click screen share to see the open programs to share. It will not work if you start the meeting FIRST and then open the programs you need to share.

Also, you are having to scroll down to see all available options if more than 2 programs are open and trying to screen share. Many teachers are getting confused and has been many of our Customer Support calls.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Using Share screen to share an Excel Worksheet is problematic on the receiving end.

Sharing an Excel spreadsheet under the Window heading is problematic. On the receiving end it sometimes displays as blank(white) or just a static image where participants cant see any activity like scrolling, highlighting a cell, etc. It works fine when sharing through the Desktop heading, but sharing the application (Window) itself presents the issues above.

Windows10 Enterprise
    Ms Teams 1.3.00.15561(64bit)
    IE and Goggle Chrome
    HP Elitebook

I've already cleared those Teams cache folders under %appdata%. Also performed a re-install of Ms Teams. The Excel files are small, still KB's in size. I once tried sharing an IE browser and it…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Looking for new messages...

A user's chat tab constantly shows a message at the bottom "Looking for new messages..." and does not go away. The only way to see the new messages they sent, or that I send, is to click a different chat tab and return to it. The same issue has been reported here by other users: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/looking-for-new-messages/m-p/1418490
    and here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/issue-looking-for-new-message/191628f2-4bcc-4a13-9d8f-1c2059687b4a

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot edit/amend 'Meeting Options' in Teams to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby is giving error "Something went wrong"

Hello,

I am having trouble with Microsoft Teams (free version).

I am scheduling a meeting using 'Teams App' on my iPhone or Teams App on my windows laptop.

When I click 'Meeting Options' to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby; I get this error "Something went wrong, reload the page, if it keeps happening, try again later.'

I am the host of meeting, and I do not want people people to wait in lobby for me to admit them.

I am not sure why this problem suddenly; because it was working fine for past 3~4 months.

I am…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Headset mute button behaviour is inconsistent

USB headset mute controls are inconsistent depending on whether the headset is plugged in or not when Teams is started.

It appears that when the headset is plugged in before Teams is started the Mute button does not control the Teams mute button. The Teams mute button does however control the headset OK (confirmed by the LED) If its plugged in after Teams is started, all works OK in both directions.

No limitations listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565
    Windows 10 17134.1425
    Plantronics C3200

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Links to OneNote paragraphs

Teams Desktop and WebApp modify links to paragraphs created in OneNote is such way they no longer point and highlight paragraphs, instead, they just open notebook.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams.exe - Installation has failed Error Pop Up

This error message appeared after a user has logged back into the computer. It looks like Teams is trying to update itself but has failed to.

Temporary workarounds we have done is to remove Teams and download the latest update through the Teams website. But when Teams pushes another update, the same error message will appear.

Another workaround we did is go to C:\ProgramData\User\Microsoft\Teams and set the security permission of that folder so the user has full control.And then do a restart on the machine.

I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this error and if there's hopefully a…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base