Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Removed guests still appear in user search suggestions when adding users to a call.

Description: Guest users who have been removed from a Team still appear as search results when trying to add someone to a meeting.

Repro Steps:
    1. Add a guest to a team.
    2. Start a meeting. In the 'Invite someone' search of the Participants pane, enter the first letter of the Guest's name find the Guest and invite them to the meeting.
    3. End the meeting.
    4. In 'Manage Team', remove the Guest from the team.
    5. Repeat Step 2. You will see that the Guest still shows up in the list.

This same issue also appears in the 'Search…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. yammer and teams msi installations fail when used during OSD deployment

using both 64bit msi installations of yammer and teams on windows 10 1803 64bit. Upon login of a new user windows trys to kick off both installations and one of them (usually yammer) gets clobbered. the end result is teams does get installed (the prevent auto-launch install switch is not working) and yammer fails with a error message an log. the log suggests it couldn't access the squirrel directory to retrieve the update package. if you close the error>log off>log back on> the yammer installation completes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sign up to Microsoft Teams for free nonsense.

It's horrific to create a new free Team.
    When you try to create Microsoft Teams for free at this page https://products.office.com/en-gb/microsoft-teams/free you are instructed to "Enter your email address to get started". When someone filed its own email (not matter if Microsoft account or another) everything ended on page https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/guestLicense with notice to need create organization account. But you never get information how to get it, unless you luckily try to press SIGN UP FOR FREE buton without email filled and then new information window appear and you are finally informed you have to create Office 365 trial account.

Maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presence Interop Not working

We have Teams only users that are seeing presence issues with our SfBWithTeamsCollab users and Islands Mode users that are only using SfB or using SfB for chat/voice and Teams for collaboration.
    The presence issue only appears to be a problem for Teams users. Skype users are able to see the Teams user's presence. For the Teams only users, we just see a greyed out presence bubble.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overlay menu on short messages hide all text

The message overlay menu need appear out of the message.
    On short messages it make a simple text select impossible.
    It get worst when you like the message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The text edit / formatting function in wiki seems to be lost ?

Problem not idea - don't know how to fix it. Used to be there and work fine ?

using 0365 Wiki on TEAMS using IE11

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't change privileges on last person added to Team on desktop app

When the "Add members to <Team>" dialog window is open, the drop down to change privileges gets hidden on the last person added in a group

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Bug] Backspace removes two character when removing emoji

I think the gif explain correctly the bug I encounter.

I type a character, a space, a colon and an open parenthesis. I backspace once on the transformed emoji, once again for the space and I loose the initial character too.

I expect the second backspace to remove only one character

Also posted here : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Bug-Backspace-removes-two-character-when-removing-emoji/m-p/263717

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When in the tray - updates/refreshes take focus of other O365 windows while in use. Please keep this in the background - very frustrating.

You notice this is the teams app because it slides to the right & then back again quickly, but it does not return your focus to the email/word doc/excel sheet that it took you out of. That file/window is still on top in your browser, but you're not typing in there any longer. You have to click back into that window to regain focus to continue your work. This activity should remain in the background & not disrupt your typing along in work mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Changing theme from high contrast to dark doesn't work correctly

Going into settings and switching theme to High contrast and then dark still leaves some parts of the High Contrast theme behind like the edge of the windows or the font color on the settings sidebar buttons becoming unreadable (see picture and try to read "General" on the left side)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link is replaced bysafelinks

I opened a meeting that was created via the web client in the desktop client. The "join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link was replaced by safelinks.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App Studio stop working

App Studio stop working, not showing other tabs than conversation. Cannot manager my apps anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. App Studio stop working

App Studio stop working, not showing other tabs than conversation. Can manager my apps anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Session closing every day

Every single day I have to login again on Teams/Outlook. Even though I do not close the browser, I do not remove cookies, I do not login on another computer, I do not have any addon to remove cookies and I do click on "YES" when asked to keep my session open for longer.
    It's been at least a month since this started happening and I am really really tired of this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Avatars and channel images are broken

Since last friday avatars are not showing, both in the teams view and on private conversations. Also I can't see team's images.
    This is happening on Firefox. I have tried opening a private window but the error persists.
    It works on Chromium.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get an error "You are not authorized" while trying to add a guest as super admin.

The most important thing is: Get an error "You are not authorized" while trying to add a guest as super admin. We didnt configure anything on the azuresite, because we could invite guests and work with them on a team.

After one week we cant add new guests and the existing guests are not able to look in there teams. But he is in the organisation as "guest" listed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams Android does not restart after update

Android understandably kills an app when updating it. Apps similar to Teams that are supposed to run in the background and show notifications like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, etc. restart right after updating.
    With Teams, I stop getting notifications after every update until I open it once manually to start everything up again. This has caused me to miss messages, etc., because I do not always remember to do it. It is also annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Taskbar icon is always hidden

I can't get ms teams taskbar icon to always display. I get a notification saying the application is not active while it is. It also doesn't show the icon when there are new notifications when the taskbar icon option is set to "only show notifications"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [forum bug] Finnish text asks me a strange confirmation before submitting an idea

(as before, there should be a category for the bug tracker itself.)

For some reason, using IE edge and Finnish locale, I saw this text today. What am I approving=?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi There, when we start a new chat with a user in teams it automatically sending the message to Skype for business?? How to control this?

Hi There, when we start a new chat with a user in teams it automatically sending the message to Skype for business?? How to control this? also some user's name just display as unkown user one of sudden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base