Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join button and inaccessible meeting room for team members

I came across same situation. I have created meeting room for my team few weeks ago. Everything works perfect like 2 week, than some members of my development team began to have problems with joining the meeting (reoccurring one established via Outlook), as the join button was missing for them. Then, I needed to record the meeting (I have the rights to do so) - it was yesterday - until this event, I was able to joint the pinned meeting via Join button. The recording was started, everything seemed OK, I properly stopped the recording and then it happened. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload a bot to the organization's application catalog via sideloading fails with exception

I have created a bot in the AppStudio and I can upload this bot into my personal MS Teams app. catalog, but every time I'm trying to put it into the organization's catalog it fails with error:

Unexpected exception returned from the service.Error code: GeneralException
    Error message: Exception in CreateTenantAppDefinitionAsync. UserId: 'bf01f57d-bd54-4359-944b-726a6fa44e88', TenantId: 'bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03', AppId: '56996f88-6570-43f2-9f29-58e1bdb38b62', Exception(s): 'Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.Common.ServiceException: Failed to execute settings store request: https://settings.teams.skype.com/amer/v1.0/settings/teams/tenants/bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03/appentitlements, StatusCode: 400, ReasonPhrase: Schema validation errors, X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 967F7225F5F1401D903EDE550BAEBC80 Ref B: BAYEDGE0421 Ref C: 2019-05-13T19:43:40Z
    at Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.BackendServices.SettingsStore.SettingsStore.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext() in F:\ts-services-111\_work\524\s\Source\BackendServices\BackendServices\SettingsStore\SettingsStore.cs:line 265
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply all with IM not working correctly

Within an Outlook email message, the Reply All with IM feature only opens a conversation with the sender, not all the recipients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The side bar does not collapse reliably

See title. Especially when the app fills half of the screen (i.e. full screen, shared with another full screen app), the side bar overlaps part of the content, and does not collapse every time, covering part of the content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Notifications reappear when a monitor is plugged in.

Hello,

If you have had some notifications pop up in the past. From a conversation or a call. Those popups have disappeared.

If you plugin a new monitor. One of those popups will reappear. And not be closable, nor disappear automatically, unless you close teams entirely.

With kind regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. German Umlaute in saved E-Mails are wrongly displayed

If a E-Mail is saved in a Group and will be displayed via Desktop Client the German Umlauts will wrongly displayed.
    I attached E-Mail to show the effects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams tab not showing all info in Mac app

While in the desktop app on Mac, I can't see the chat for every "team" that I'm a part of. When I click on that "team" it looks like it's a brand new channel with no messages even though I know there are. I can see all the messages when I'm on the browser version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notifications, but empty channels

After 2 weeks of holidays (and not using Teams), there are notifications in channels, but when i open the channel, it is empty.

Also it says" Beginnen wir die Unterhaltung" which should only appear on new channels.
    For my other team-members it seems to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot see any chat history

Starting a few days ago, whenever I open any chat room, all chat history is not available. Even if somebody pings me in a room, I click on it to open it up and it just says "Let's get the conversation started". This is for the Windows 10 app (Version 1.0). Everything works great in the mobile app.

Private chat is working fine - I can see chat history in there. It's just not in any rooms that I can see anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. After new updates, I cannot get rid of "Let's get the conversation started" message

After new updates, I cannot get rid of "Let's get the conversation started" message in conversations for all team areas. I attempted to add a new tab to get it to go away and it still won't go away. Quit and reopened and it still shows. It persists even after restarting the computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. unable to give access to files

Not all of my colleagues inside a group chat are able to access uploaded files. They have to request access, which sends me an email and I try to "approve" however the request fails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snippet syntax highlighting lost when I insert a link

See attached images

The color highlight is lost when I insert a link beneath a snippet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams CVE-2019–5922 DLL Loading Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Does anyone have any insight into this security vulnerability? Is there a fix that Teams subscribers can expect soon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After the recent update, I dont see chat option visible on Team. Also I am unable to connect to my company account, whereas client one works

After the recent update, I dont see chat option visible on Team. Also I am unable to connect to my company account, whereas client one works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Approval is in pending state in the mobile application

Teams / Shifts. User story: I would like the mobile application to be updated when I have approved pending request for absence. The desktop application does not show any pending requests, but the mobile app still show the request as pending eventhough they are approved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. URL handling bug in mobile Teams (iOS)

There is an error somewhere when handling URLs with "%" characters. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Add a new Website tab to a Teams channel that contains "%20" - for example https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/MyProject/Shared%20Documents
    2. Go to the tab in iOS Teams
    3. iOS will attempt to open the link in OneDrive and says "Open in browser? Link can't be opened in the OneDrive app. Do you want to open it in your browser?"
    4. Tapping OK takes you to Safari, which fails to load the site because the URL has now changed to https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/MyProject/Shared%2520Documents - note the extra "25" that has been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot use Safari even after disabling Intelligent Tracking Protection

I've tried to use Safari 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) (macOS 10.14.4) to access the Teams web app all to avoid an issue with OAuth not working due to the ancient embedded chromium browser in the desktop version of Teams. (GitHub does not support the old version and is disabling OAuth authorizations using the embedded browser with a scary banner.)

So, annoying, but okay, I'll use the web app to get around this issue. Except the Safari preview requires that I disable Intelligent Tracking Prevention in the browser, globally. Grrrr.... Fine. Take my privacy, I just need my GitHub plugin authorized.

Except, even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After typing with alt + numbad keys (eg. alt + 0 1 5 0) it doesn't remove the placeholder

After typing with alt + numbad keys (eg. alt + 0 1 5 0) it doesn't remove the placeholder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams Meeting Video Echo feedback when talking

In Teams Meeting with Video a consistent echo of our own voice and you can't understand one another. When will this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting audio doesn't work until un-muting mic

Joined a meeting. Other attendees were talking but I wasn't able to hear them, until I un-mutted the mic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base