Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UI/UX bug: "Start a new conversation" should be a button

It is very common (especially with new users) to make the mistake of starting a new conversation instead of replying to an existing one. People are used to WhatsApp groups that doesn't have threads of conversations, so, they always go to the text field at the bottom of the screen to reply to previous messages and ignore the "Reply" links at the bottom of each conversation.

The "Start a new conversation" today is just a textfield with a placeholder. The textfield is already there, so, the users go there and doesn't click on the "Reply". This is a huge problem,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Не грузится история сообщений

В одном из чатов перестала загружаться история сообщений

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams App still can see the Team group which the membership was deleted

There is a Office 365 group with Teams enabled. This group includes two users and we have deleted one of the user in the group. After deleted. The deleted user still can see this team in his Teams App for Android. After 6 hours the result is still the same and looks like there is not any update.

After the user opens the Teams App on his computer, the list finally updated on his android device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams on iPadOS deadloads PowerPoint Presentations.

Teams on iPadOS deadloads PowerPoint Presentations.

Since updating to iPadOS13 a Powerpoint presentation opened in Teams keeps loading over and over again (without opening the presentation) until your device is completely full. The files are also not visible, so you can not clear your device space by saying "delete downloaded files" or "delete teams files"

I tested it with iOS 12.x and the problem was not there. Afterwards I upgraded to iPadOS13 (also tested with 13.1 and 13.2) and the problem occurs again.

Tho you can not clear the space on your iPad again without resetting it, this problem should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In Teams Client, when we use "meet now" option from calendar and invite a person or phone number, there is no ringtone

In Teams Client, when we use "meet now" option from calendar and invite a person or phone number to join the meeting immediately, there is no ringtone. this will confuse user whether the call is progress or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams UI Issue in half screen mode: Teams pane is hiding tabs in halft screen mode

When I use teams in half screen mode along with other applications for the multitasking purpose, The teams pane in the application hides the portion of the current working tab. It makes hard to use teams in half screen mode along with other application and restrict my productivity.
    There should be an option for hiding teams list pane for better usablity.

Also when I resize the teams application size, my application doesn't change the size according to the teams application. Instead of this it appears scroll bar for that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot forward a inbound call through a call queue to a call agent who is configured to forward all calls to another number

Allow a call to be forwarded to another number when the call comes in through a call queue configured with one call agent who has their teams client configured to forward all calls to a external number.

This was able to be done in skype client and worked well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Markdown editing breaks writing Python code inline

Python's "magic" methods and such all start with double underscores and end in double underscores. When you try to type them in Teams as a code literal, the editor automatically makes the names italic even if you're in the middle of typing the code literal, e.g. if you type:

`file

You will end up with "file" being italic and one set of underscores removed instead of allowing you to close the code literal and end up with __file__.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gérer le partage de fichier au niveau microsoft teams

Bonjour
    on souhaite qu'il y aura une possibilité de gérer le partage de fichiers au niveau de Teams
    exemple un membre n'a pas le droit de partager ( charger de son ordinatateur ) un fichier et des choses similaires à ça
    Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Schedule items crossing Month boundaries do not render consistently on schedule in Shifts

Schedule items, such as overnight shifts or Time Off which straddle the month boundary (end of one month and start of the next) do not consistently appear on the schedule. I can view themonth of October, month view, and see someone has time off starting Oct. 25 (through Nov 2), but when I view November there are no schedule (month view) the same individual will show no items for November 1-2.
    Week to week within the month seems to display correctly, but the month boundary is inconsistent. I can be sitting next to a co-worker and they bring up the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CSV files from assignments with newlines in feedback break in Excel on Mac

When importing a CSV generated from assignments with newlines in the feedback, Excel on MacOS puts every new line in the first column on the next row instead of putting the feedback in a multi-line formatted cell. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Status not updating properly

Status not updating properly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sending multiple pictures requires selecting one at a time

It makes no sense the current framework for selecting multiple pictures from the mobile app. After clicking the gallery icon I can't long press to select multiple pictures like every other app allows. Instead I have to select a picture, then wait for it to open full screen, then select the + icon have the gallery screen open, select the next picture because again I can't multi select and keep repeating. The usability of the office online products has been extremely disappointing and the fact that mobile products are so poorly designed really makes me strongly consider switching the business…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sporadic issue not able to accept call

On my Pixel XL, sometimes the Accept button does not work when trying to answer an incoming call. It's sporadic, sometimes only a couple times a week, other times several times in a day. I have had this complaint from iPhone users as well... Why is this happening? We are doing a PoC and we really want this solution to work, but we can't push out a phone to our users and tell them, oh, by the way, you might not be able to answer your incoming calls all the time... SERIOUS BUG....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot Give Control to another user in a meeting when docked

Would love to sort out a fix for this as it's one of the key pieces lacking within Teams that we currently have covered with Jabber that is undermining a migration to Teams.

It seems that when docked (all of our notebooks use USB docks these days), a user cannot pass control to another, as Teams will bark about hardware acceleration. Remove the dock, the problem is resolved. Web searches suggest this is a relatively common issue across a wide variety of docks; that the actual hardware acceleration setting is seldom to blame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I cannot switch between orgs.

I cannot switch between orgs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We had PERFECT audio and video - the presenter went to "mute all" and all Audio stopped going from our audio board into the line in to PC

We had PERFECT audio and video - the presenter went to "mute all" and all Audio stopped going from our audio board into the line in to PC meaning nothing the meeting host said was heard by anyone in the teams meeting. Video was perfect. WHAT HAPPENED!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Kicked out of Teams meeting immediately when KMSI period expires

In the middle of a meeting, when the keep me signed in token expires, we get kicked out of the meeting immediately. This is very disruptive, especially when presenting. There should be a grace mechanism to allow the meeting session to finish before forcing re-authentication. We are using Azure AD connect with a 14 day expiration for KMSI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base