Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications won't disappear

After I get a Like notification it doesn't disappear and it can not be closed. Only way to remove it seems to be to restart Teams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app

Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app.

We are unable to create a meeting while on Android app.

We are using it on a Android tablet:
    Galaxy Tab S2
    Model: SM-T810
    Android version: 7.0
    Build Number: NRD90M.T810XXU2DRB1

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Some member accounts are unable to use OneDrive. Can not share files in direct chat.

Some member accounts are unable to use OneDrive. Can not share files in direct chat. A message about the lack of OneDrive for business is displayed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. High Contrast prevents Drag and Drop Tasks

In High contrast view on the desktop app I am unable to drag and drop tasks in the planner application into different bins. Changing the colour scheme seems to fix this issue.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Limited Mobile notifications setting doesn't work ....

… when you choose "only when inactive on desktop". Mobile notifications still come regardless of the fact of recent desktop activity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat Sync is off

My desktop app isn't syncing with my online content. Specifically, my chats are not in sync.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. we can't get your files

We can't get your files
    We're working on getting them back.
    Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. Scenario ID: B2D4EEC94EF94125AA0AA5CF2A240C7C

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No notification is displayed for incoming call

For calls, we hear incoming call tone but there is no notification that the contact person's name. We have to wait till the call ends and then check in Activity about the person's name (it notifies as a missed call in the Activity tab).

A Join button that displays on the top of the contact, without any notification doesn't help.

When there is an incoming call we check the Join option for the contacts in the chat history.

This is actually causing a lot of inconveniences, so please provide the fix as soon as possible. We can't provide any proof…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calling & IM window no longer displays if something is full screen.

When a user is doing something in full screen, ie using RDP, Citrix or watching a video, the call dialog does not display over it. So they are unable to answer the call.

If you minimize the full-screen window (for example minimize Citrix), the call window is still hidden and there is no way to answer the call.

This happens for almost all of our 400 users running Windows 10 on a variety of laptops makes models, screen sizes etc.

Many thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams on macOS doesn't remember window size

When I size the MS Teams app window to a specific size, then click the red close button. Later when I launch the Teams app from the dock it goes to fullscreen instead of the window size that was set previously.

This doesn't affect the minimize (yellow) button.

macOS: 11.1
    Teams: 1.3.00.33671

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We see a problem with the raise hand function

Some of our teachers cannot see when students raise there hand i Team meetings
    They report that the students have to unmute them selv before en raised hand symbol shows
    I found others "out there" with the samme problem, ex. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/i-cant-see-who-is-raising-their-hand-but-my/52b54c97-123f-4306-965d-0815f2f4b056
    I attach an image of the problem
    A student show his screen in the meeting and in this case the teacher can see the raised hands, but the student can not - the 2 arrows point to same user in the meeting

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Issue faced by connecting Air pods Bluetooth device with Teams during the Teams Meeting.

Issue faced by connecting Air pods Bluetooth device with Teams during the Teams Meeting. The Teams application does not automatically recognized the device.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows Virtual Desktop WVD Teams cannot screenshare unless the user has a microphone or webcam

On Windows Virtual Desktop on Azure, we have many users that want to convert a chat into a screenshare to demonstrate something or train a user. These users don't have a webcam or microphone on their local PC. They are unable to start a screenshare unless we plug in a webcam or microphone to the local PC.

We are using the latest Teams for WVD and the latest WebRTC. All other supported features with Teams and Windows Virtual Desktop are working for us, including being able to do webcam video through WVD for those users that have a webcam.

If…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bluetooth keeps dropping during meetings

Teams consistently drops support of Bluetooth headsets during meetings. I have tried what troubleshooting I'm able to do (not being an administrator) to no effect. There is a lengthy bug discussion here:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31871593-bose-bluetooth-headphones-keeps-dropping-during-me?page=1&per_page=20

Please prioritize this, it's ridiculous to buy $80 headphones for my teleconferencing and then not be able to use them in the app chosen by my company. They work fine in other applications and calls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UI bug with a virtual keyboard at the Microsoft Surface Pro

Hi Guys

So, what the problem.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 has 2 modes with a keyboard and without a keyboard like a tablet. When I attach a keyboard to the device "Teams" software catches a bug. Please look at screen one. Software tried to add virtual keyboard but can't add) So what solution will be right?

If this is a device Microsoft Surface Pro and we have attached a real keyboard we don't need to show the virtual keyboard.

Guys, how could you have allowed such a problem on Microsoft hardware? Please fix this bug because it's It greatly interferes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zoom out - hidden channels no longer accessible

On the Windows desktop app when you use Ctrl+-/Zoom under Profile pic menu/mouse scroll wheel to zoom out (smaller text size), it is no longer possible to access the hidden channels in a Team. Clicking on the 'Hidden channels' under each Team results in now UI response. Even when you reset the zoom using Ctrl++or the Reset Zoom icon under the Profile Pic>Zoom menu, the hidden channels remain inaccessible. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the app completely. I have tested this with multiple users to verify, but have not tried in the Mac desktop app.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Android app keyboard space is permanently active

Keyboard space on Android app marked with ? In the attached IMG should collapse when keyboard is inactive.

This issue occurs on app launch and continues to persist after typing on the keyboard. No action seems to resolve this and the space remains active with either an active keyboard during typing or empty space when keyboard is inactive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base