Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams crash during calls with camera

During group calls, if I'm using my camera, Teams crashes :
    First, my video freezes in the other users screens, and my screen freezes also, but sound continues working.
    Then the sound also stops. At this point, buttons do not function anymore, I cannot close the applicationor end my call. Sometimes, even with the task manager, the application takes time to close, and if I reopen it too quickly, it still bugs afterwards, no button answer, no video, etc...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Markdown is not formated

(This is not an idea, it's a bug report by the way)

It seems that markdown is only recognized when typing everything in a row. Usually I like to type both marks first and then put the code/bold/url etc. inside those quotes. If I do that, Teams won't format the markdown.

This bug also prevents pasting markdown to the chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to delete a document, getting an error.

Unable to delete a document, getting an error. I've tried to complete this task online, and through the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UI elements not rendering correctly at 125% scaling

When using Microsoft Teams on my 4K display at 125% scaling, I get strange issues where UI elements render incorrectly (in both dark and default themes).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app

Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app.

We are unable to create a meeting while on Android app.

We are using it on a Android tablet:
    Galaxy Tab S2
    Model: SM-T810
    Android version: 7.0
    Build Number: NRD90M.T810XXU2DRB1

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Double login when signing in

Logging in when work email address on app will bring me to my securemail owa login page to login again.
    Effectively making me login twice.

Steps:
    1.) Open app, asks me to sign in, inputted company email and password. Enter.
    2.) Brings me to our company's owa securemail login webpage.
    input company email and password. Enter.
    3.) Enter app successful.

Also, please make camera zoomable. When sharing video via rear camera, we are unable to pinch and zoom, or tap to focus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No Join Button For Meeting Organizers

The organizers don't get a Join button on the meetings that are set up through the Outlook application.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. sign out of your other accounts

Unable to sign in to Admin account of Teams (Free). Endless loop of seeing this message when trying to sign in and clicking "Sign out" button.
    "To start using Teams with myemailaddress@outlook.com, sign out of your other accounts".

When I try this in InPrivate mode on Edge it goes into an endless loop with the url "https://teams.microsoft.com/go#" and eventually goes back to the sign in page.

I normally disable 3rd Party cookies but disabled this setting and the problem still occurs.

When trying to sign into the Teams account for business (using work email) this shows I'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Failed to click on the remote client during a sharing session

When I send a request to control a sharing session and accepted, I can see my pointer but failed to click anything on the target machine. Windows Menu / Application (Browser, Visual Studio, etc.). This happened couple of times, even the parties connecting close by

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Having trouble sharing screen on OSX

Hello

I am having a problem sharing my screen with Teams client on OSX. On mission control I have couple of Desktops and when sharing occasionally the app would switch to a different Desktop. This is only happening with Teams not with Skype or any other application that I use to share my screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sometimes I Teams won't let me join a meeting or kicks me out of one

I can see my meeting in Teams and see the details of said meeting, but when I click the Join button at the top right I'm redirected back to the previous meeting on my calendar. This happens 3-5 times before I can either successfully join or need to restart Teams.

Alternatively, even after the process mentioned above and I've successfully joined, 5min later I get booted out of the meeting and can't rejoin until I either restart Teams or my computer. Getting booted out of a meeting doesn't directly correlate with the process I just mentioned, but it's rare when…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. During chat, new messages not visible until I press "New Messages" or scroll down

When I am in a private chat with someone, each time they send me a message, the message is not shown to me. Instead, I get a button at the bottom of the feed showing that if I scroll down (or click the button) I can see the new message. I assume this functionality is intended for when I've scrolled up to look at historical messages, but it's being overeager.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Onedrive sort by name not working

When trying to upload a file to a channel using Onedrive "attach" option, it looks like files and folders are sorted by "last modified date" regardless of hitting "name" to sort ascending or descending by name.

This made it very difficult to browse my OneDrive for Business for the files I needed, please fix!

FYI, this was posted in the "Public" feedback area, but it is definitely a bug, so reposting. (original post - https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33178930-upload-file-from-onedrive-wrong-ordering-of-name)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can not switch camera device

On MAC environment, since the latest versions, it is not possible to switch with other camera devices anymore.
    CamTwist, Camera device (not webcam) are not available anymore from the Desktop but still available from the Browser (Web Client).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to share a PowerPoint stored in a team/channel is missing in new meeting experience

The ability to share a PowerPoint that's stored in a team/channel is missing in the new meeting experience. The new meeting experience only shows the ability to upload or to select from OneDrive. This is a major problem for our users who use that feature often.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Upload direct into teams folder creates new folder "sites" - it looks like the picture is not uploaded

We tried to upload a file directly in the Teams folder - it Looks, like the upload is loading but as soon, as it is finished, it disappears.

When I open the SharePoint page, I can see, that a upload has happened.

So if I open the folder in SharePoint or OneDrive, I can see, that a new folder "sites" is created, with all the folder that are in the original Team folders and the uploaded files are there.
    This is very confusing.
    Is this a bug or supposed to be like that?

Has been tested on iPad Pro -…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call consult and transfer to a call queue - transfer feature is missing

Incoming call should via "consult and transfer" to a call queue. if an agent answers the call queue transfer feature is missing, its not possible to transfer, only switch back to the call or hang up. transfer after consulting should be available like in 1:1 calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Incoming group call is shown as personal

When someone is calling into the group it's unclear if that person is calling directly to you or it's a group call. It will be great if group name (if any) or group members will be shown instead of person name who is calling as in most cases it doesn't matter who is the initiator of the call in the group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. iOS14 clipboard privacy bug

Are you aware that it’s obvious that teams, just like LinkedIn, is continuously monitoring user’s clipboard on iOS 14 beta?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base