Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live Event connection issue

Hello, this wednesday when I attended a Live Event in Teams as producer, I was disconnected automatically few seconds later saying "we couldn't connect you to live event" and it lasted for around 1 hour. It happened also to all the presentors of this live event but not to the participants. Could you identify the cause of problem or did you received other similar complains from clients? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My team is working with lufthansa tocken while other colleagues are working without tocken

My Team is for company lufthansa all other colleagues are using without token and VPN i can only work with VPN which make it really difficult for me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When i click on the teams notification in samsung m30s, it is always saying that something went wrong. Please try again

When i click on the teams notification in samsung m30s, it is always saying that something went wrong. Please try again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams Android App is incompatible with ASUS CHROMEBOX 3 Model CN65 (N020U)

I have a new ASUS CHROMEBOX 3 connected to an 4K monitor, and I cannot install the Teams Android app at all. Neither way works:
    1. I cannot find Teams in GooglePlay.
    2. When I use the direct browser link to the Teams Android app in GooglePlay, it shows my device as incompatible.

This chromebox has the same Chrome OS version as my Chromebook, and both are based on the same Intel Core i7-8550U CPU! But both Teams and OneNote can be installed and work on the chromebook, but are not available/cannot be installed on the chromebox...

Installing Teams is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't edit or delete a message in private channel

After I post a message to a private channel I cannot edit it or delete itl. The context menu does not provide an entry for edit (or delete).

I've attached two screen shots. The context menu I see on messages in every other channel or chat. It includes entries for edit and delete. The messages in private channel do not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Creating a private channel, information about register cards there will be posted in public channel

We created a private sub channel in a pulic main channel. When creating new register cards (in the private channel), we uncheck the checkbox which says "Post about this in channel". After creating the register card there is no information about this posted in the private channel, but in the public channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Doesn’t work correctly

Los archivos adjuntos no pueden verse ya que después de que le llega la tarea o información de la tarea hace apertura en el explorador del celular y los vínculos quedan ocultos en la parte inferior... no pudiéndose desplazar para verificarlos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams does not respect normal keyboard input

When typing into a text field in Teams, whether for a channel or individual conversation, the app doesn't respect expected input behavior, such as detecting user-added text shortcuts. Showing the context menu for selected text in input also shows custom "Cut, Copy, Paste" menu options but excludes every expected option normally shown for selected text on the Mac.

This is a hostile experience for Mac users and is yet another example of Microsoft not understanding how to properly build a Mac app. Please address these and the other deficiencies in the Mac app ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hyperlinks no longer working in documents opened through the desktop app

After the most recent update hyperlinks are no longer functioning on any of the the documents opened within the Teams desktop app. If you hover over the linked text/image you can see the link address but nothing happens on click.
    The same links work as intended when opened through the Teams web app or within their respective program (powerpoint,excel,word...)

Checked for firewall/network interference and found none. These are all working websites/addresses.

Current teams version - 1.2.00.27559 (64-bit)
    Preferred browser - Google Chrome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams Addon is Freezing Outlook and Its Causing the Processing to be Really high

Teams Addon is Freezing Outlook and Its Causing the Processing to be Really high , therefor we're unable to use it and As a work around we were only able to delete some Registry to Reduce the processing but not fully Reduce the Usage .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. APP - vies files not impossible after last update

After last update, can’t see files under each TEAM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. can't decline organization join request

somebody outside my organization accidently sent a request to join their org instead of a request to join a meeting. there's no option given to decline the request, only "accept" and "cancel". cancel doesn't really do anything, and now I have a persistent notification that I can't get rid of, in both mobile and Windows app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'm getting notifications of new data, but client isn't updating

I get a notification, but when I enter the client there is nothing new. In fact the messages in the client are days old and won't update. Changing table looks like it's trying to use cell data because it's slow, but I'm on WiFi. Sometimes it fails and says try again later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams unresponsive/frozen after computer wakes from sleep mode

After the computer wakes from sleep, Teams is completely unresponsive. Status either goes blank, or shows as unavailable. Half the interface is corrupted with the previous person who called me stuck in the bottom corner. Clicking any of the buttons/menus does nothing for at least ten seconds. At times, Teams will then just silently crash (no exception message).
    This means every day I have to restart Teams to let my "team" (and boss) know I'm not still in bed.
    I've reported this numerous times with the internal feedback link. Perhaps traction might happen here...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)