Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. we can't get your files

We can't get your files
    We're working on getting them back.
    Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. Scenario ID: B2D4EEC94EF94125AA0AA5CF2A240C7C

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bluetooth keeps dropping during meetings

Teams consistently drops support of Bluetooth headsets during meetings. I have tried what troubleshooting I'm able to do (not being an administrator) to no effect. There is a lengthy bug discussion here:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31871593-bose-bluetooth-headphones-keeps-dropping-during-me?page=1&per_page=20

Please prioritize this, it's ridiculous to buy $80 headphones for my teleconferencing and then not be able to use them in the app chosen by my company. They work fine in other applications and calls.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UI bug with a virtual keyboard at the Microsoft Surface Pro

Hi Guys

So, what the problem.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 has 2 modes with a keyboard and without a keyboard like a tablet. When I attach a keyboard to the device "Teams" software catches a bug. Please look at screen one. Software tried to add virtual keyboard but can't add) So what solution will be right?

If this is a device Microsoft Surface Pro and we have attached a real keyboard we don't need to show the virtual keyboard.

Guys, how could you have allowed such a problem on Microsoft hardware? Please fix this bug because it's It greatly interferes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom out - hidden channels no longer accessible

On the Windows desktop app when you use Ctrl+-/Zoom under Profile pic menu/mouse scroll wheel to zoom out (smaller text size), it is no longer possible to access the hidden channels in a Team. Clicking on the 'Hidden channels' under each Team results in now UI response. Even when you reset the zoom using Ctrl++or the Reset Zoom icon under the Profile Pic>Zoom menu, the hidden channels remain inaccessible. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the app completely. I have tested this with multiple users to verify, but have not tried in the Mac desktop app.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share content is not refreshing with new windows

During an active Teams meetings new applications and windows that are opened are not refreshed into the Share Content bottom window.

For example if I'm in a Teams meeting and open the Share Content window I see everything open on my machine. If I then close the Share Content drawer and open a new instance of Microsoft Word this new version of word will not show up in the Share Content window until I leave the meeting and come back.

This functionality have been working for over a year and seems to have stopped working in the last 2 weeks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No backgrounds in MacOS 11 Bigsur.

Image files are in Library/ApplicationSupport/Microsoft/ Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads but aren't showing in the app.
    Nor is the blur background option available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Person is typing shows another persons photo

If shuttling between chats, invariably the <person> is typing bubbles show the photo of the LAST person chatting with.
    This means the photo is invalid and can cause confusion. The issue can be replicated across users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pressing play/pause on keyboard play/pauses Teams ringtone (macOS)

When I'm listening to music in macOS, the play/pause on my keyboard forwards this command to the active music player (e.g. Music.app). This is very user friendly, as it allows me to stop the music with just a tap on my keyboard or TouchBar.

However... Teams (1.3.00.28778) has now decided to hijack this button. So whenever I receive a call, pressing play/pause will play/pause the ringtone, while the music continues playing. After answering the call pressing play/pause will even play the ringtone through the call.

Suffice to say that Teams hijacking my play/pause button is not expected behaviour.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share Content does not show all windows

When starting a meeting in a channel in a Team, I have noticed that the previews in the "Share Content" do not update and windows that were not open at the beginning of the meeting.

So if I start a meeting and don't have Firefox open, I cannot see that in the "Share Content" preview as an option to share (though I can share the desktop but that is not convenient).

Windows 10, Version 20H2
    Microsoft Teams: 1.3.00.28779 (Not on Exchange Online (yet))

Teams is running through a University account

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Screen sharing macOS: Only working while "System Preferences.app" is running

Current behaviour:
    When clicking on the "Share content" icon a message ("We need permission to share your screen. Go to Security & Privacy > Screen Recording to give permission and start sharing.") appears and none of my screens/windows are available to start sharing. Teams already has the permission for "Screen Recording" in the "Security & Privacy" preferences dialog. However, as soon as I open "System Preferences.app" (any submenu) and try again while it is still open everything works as expected. I can consistently reproduce this behaviour.

Expected behaviour:
    Screen sharing works independently of the "System Prefenrences.app" once the "Screen Recording"…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Play/Pause Media Key plays Teams Dial Tone

After ending a call, pressing the play/pause keyboard key will play the Teams dial tone instead of whatever media was playing before the call started. It does not actually start a call.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. links in meeting chat

Hello,
    We discovered a bug that only occurs in the meeting chat on Microsoft Teams client/desktop application for Windows.
    Neither in conversations and channels, nor in Teams for the web/internet browser.

Under these conditions, it concerns hyperlinks in text messages during meetings.
    if we copy and paste the text of a link, it will automatically format itself and remain intact.
    But if we use the "Insert link" function, to reduce the size of the link and be able to give it a name, the hyperlink may change and no longer work. We have identified a specific example (of an internal…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Users hard deleted from AAD continue to appear in Teams user cache for up to 2 months after being deleted

Deleted users should definitely not be searchable within Teams after the account has been hard deleted from AAD. Ideally, all references of the account should be removed from future Team meeting invites and some sort of notification message should be displayed to alert colleagues that the user is no longer contactable via Teams as they have left the organisation.

Deleted users continuing to be visible in Teams gives the perception that those users still exist within the organisation. This causes confusion for end users and leads them to question whether users that have left the organisations have actually been off-boarding…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove Scheduled meeting on TEAMS for all

When Teams group owner creates a scheduled meeting with option of repeat. All members get the scheduled meeting on their Teams calendar.
    When the owner cancel the schedule meeting or remove the series on his/her calendar, on members calendar show cancel. It is very disturbing especially in Education where students have many courses. I know that student can remove series on their calendar but this is not practical. I suggest when the owner of the group cancel/remove schedule meeting, this should automatically reflect on members calendar. Which means members don't have to remove series. Once the owner cancel the meeting,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notifications & minimized teams window not working on Mac

notifications doesn't work properly and shows empty notification message, same for minimized teams window. It shows just a window or notification with no content on it. Mac BigSur Beta 8 (20A5374i)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. System sound sharing unavailable on Linux

Please make system sound sharing available on (Arch) Linux

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)