Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android no longer holding sign in info for the past few weeks. Uninstalling and reinstall does not resolve

Fix the sign in loop for Outlook and Teams mobile apps for Android devices. The apps continually request sign in info and do not keep up to date/real time messages due to the sign in being lost. When clicking the notification (see attached) it does not require you to input a password, it just tries to reconnect.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Headset mute button behaviour is inconsistent

USB headset mute controls are inconsistent depending on whether the headset is plugged in or not when Teams is started.

It appears that when the headset is plugged in before Teams is started the Mute button does not control the Teams mute button. The Teams mute button does however control the headset OK (confirmed by the LED) If its plugged in after Teams is started, all works OK in both directions.

No limitations listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565
    Windows 10 17134.1425
    Plantronics C3200

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AD telephoneNumber field must appear in the Call drop-down menu

In Skype for Business, any and all telephone numbers published in AD (i.e. main / primary "telephoneNumber", "mobile", "homePhone", "otherTelephone" etc.) would appear in a drop-down menu (along with the default "Skype for Business call") any time there was a call button, either from the buddy list or from the contact card.

In Teams, this is quite broken:

1 Phone numbers visible in the contact card in Teams are not diallable / hyperlinked.

2 The Call button from the contact card presents a different user experience to the Call button in the chat screen. In the chat screen, it provides

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

• restart mac

• clear some application data / caching things

• re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to add calendar/meetings to Outlook from SharePoint Tab in Teams App

When you click on Add a meeting button in a group calendar it does not take any action using the Teams desktop app. However, the option works in the SharePoint and Teams Online.

More Details: It happens when you add a SharePoint page as a Tab in the Teams App and have a Group Calendar web part.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore channel UI element should indicate if restore is not available

Currently when a channel has been removed and has remained deleted for 30+ days, the "Restore" button continues to show up in "Channels" tab of "manage team" settings despite it no longer being available for restore.

This misleads users who will click it without realising that restore is not available. There is also no feedback to the user to suggest the restore is not occuring.

My suggestion is for the channel settings UI to display if a restore is available or not (such as making the "Restore" option dissapear)
    In an ideal scenario, the UI would also show the date…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Teams sends voice email messages which fail SPF checks

Whenever you call someone in Microsoft Teams and they do not get your call, you can leave them a voice message in the app.

Teams will then send an email message to the recipient's mailbox with the voice message information, the transcription and an attached audio file. Teams will also send it from the caller's email address (e.g. From: John.Doe@example.com).

These email messages are sent in such a way that an Exchange Transport Rule like the one attached in the PNG file will flag them unexpectedly, because they seem to be sent from IP address(es) not included in the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't answer incoming calls.

I've missed 2 out of 2 incoming calls now because pressing the answer button did nothing. The phone was unlocked. It hit the button a dozen times, but it just kept ringing.

Android, Google Pixel 2

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams.exe - Installation has failed Error Pop Up

This error message appeared after a user has logged back into the computer. It looks like Teams is trying to update itself but has failed to.

Temporary workarounds we have done is to remove Teams and download the latest update through the Teams website. But when Teams pushes another update, the same error message will appear.

Another workaround we did is go to C:\ProgramData\User\Microsoft\Teams and set the security permission of that folder so the user has full control.And then do a restart on the machine.

I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this error and if there's hopefully a…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team Mobile Disconnecting when iPhone Locks.

Teams Mobile MUST remain connected, at least the audio stream, when the iPhone goes to the lock screen (basically function like a normal conference dial in).

Teams is useless for meetings on the go if i have to hold my phone up and poke it every 30 seconds to stay on a meeting.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Desktop Teams App: English (UK) dictionary marks "I've" as a spelling mistake

Desktop Teams App > Settings > General > App Language > English (United Kingdom)

Typing "I've" marks it as a spelling mistake. It corrects to "I've" (i.e. stays the same), which is then marked as a mistake again.

I've deleted the en-GB.bdic file from the appData to reload it to no effect.

I'm on version 1.3.00.4461 (64 bit).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Presenter view in Powerpoint shows others blank screen

It looks like it isn't possible to present to a team call with presenter notes, as they get a blank screen when that view is chosen. It is possible to use a normal presentation or to just share the window and step through the slides that way, but it isn't possible to get visibility of the presenter notes as part of a proper presentation. This was from a Macbook presenting to a Macbook from the desktop Teams application.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call Queue Calls Answer Automatically when placing outbound call

Using Microsoft Teams & CloudPBX with AA and Call Queues.

If a user that is part of a call queue is actively making an outbound PSTN call (call not connected yet), and a call comes into the call queue, the outbound call is put on hold, and the inbound call is automatically answered, without the user actually clicking the answer button. The outbound caller hears nothing (because they are on hold.) We thought the fix would be to set the toggle on the call queue for "Agents can opt out of taking calls" but that didn't work. I have an…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Copy Link" or alternative should give direct access to link not formatted html

I want to be able to use "Copy Link" and past the link into:

• url bar

• Jira issue

• github comment/issue

• gitlab comment/issue

• text editor

Currently however "Copy Link" puts html on the clipboard which disallows the above use cases.

Below I paste the clipboard contents from "Copy Link":
    Patrick Wheeler: test can I link to a reply
    posted in ATR / test copy link in new channel at Apr 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Similar issue:
    * https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33896725--copy-link-aka-permalink-doesn-t-work-properly

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base