Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable last seen time

Please add a setting to disable last seen time option.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My status will not update from away to available unless I activate the teams window.

My teams status will update to away automatically, but I've noticed that after returning to the computer, the status remains "away" unless the teams window becomes the active window. Once I activate the teams window again, the status will reset automatically after a few seconds. However, this is not intuitive, if I have teams running in the background, it will show me as away even if I've been back and active on my computer for hours, and I won't even be aware.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switching tenants no longer works on Linux

Since week 13/14 2021 it is no longer possible to switch tenants in MS Teams for Linux.

This is a blocking issue and results in users not being able to join tenants as guests.

You always return to the default tenant.

Some errors found in the logs while switching are attached to this uservoice bug.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wiki in private channel cannot be viewed on mobile (iOS)

Inside private channels, we have created new Wiki tabs. Those are live and updating on desktop app, but they do not work on mobile (tested on iOS on 4 devices). You can navigate to Wiki, but receive the error, "it's empty in here" when trying to view it.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams Kills all Network Connectivity During Calls

Despite having a good WiFi or Ethernet connection, regardless of which network I'm on, if I join a Microsoft Teams call, all network connectivity stops working and teams simultaneously reports poor call quality and no network connectivity. All this while on an active call which I can see and hear. Here's a full description of symptoms.

Every time I connect to a Teams meeting:

• Incoming call quality is ok. I can hear and see others.
    • Outgoing call quality is very poor. Others say my voice is breaking up.
    • If I unmute and speak for more than a few seconds, I…
    67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot edit/amend 'Meeting Options' in Teams to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby is giving error "Something went wrong"

Hello,

I am having trouble with Microsoft Teams (free version).

I am scheduling a meeting using 'Teams App' on my iPhone or Teams App on my windows laptop.

When I click 'Meeting Options' to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby; I get this error "Something went wrong, reload the page, if it keeps happening, try again later.'

I am the host of meeting, and I do not want people people to wait in lobby for me to admit them.

I am not sure why this problem suddenly; because it was working fine for past 3~4 months.

I am…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cursor jumps to the end in message input when Alt+Shift pressed

I'm from Belarus and I use two keyboard languages (russian and english). To switch language I use hotkey Alt+Shift. When I type message and switch language with hotkey then my cursor jumps to the end of message input. It happens after about 2 second, but not right when hotkey pressed

It's very critical for message editing! I move cursor to edit something and when language switched I type some symbols, but cursor jumps to the end and I type part of word in the end of message (see attached video as example)

On the video after typing I don't move…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Loading chunk 12 failed when accessing File menu in Teams group

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incomming calls are not displayed in foreground.

If i use a CitrixDesktop in fullscreen and start MS-Teams on my main Desktop, outside of the CitrixDesktop, then i can hear the ring sound of incomming call but i didn't get the popup on the right low corner to answer the call. I recordnized the problem since start of november. For now i use the 1.3.00.30866 64bit Version on Windows 10
    10.0.19042 Build 19042. My coworkers got the same issiu.

--> https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msteams/forum/msteams_tfl-msteams_callin-msteams_audio/anruf-als-banner-anzeigen-lassen-und-klingelton/b718911e-489a-4a2f-b764-a7eea8937f29?page=1

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage calendar updates the same as Outlook online

When changes are made to a meeting invite from within the Teams calendar - e.g. adding a new attendee - an update is sent to ALL attendees. The expected behaviour is that the update logic used by Outlook Online is used as per the article below - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3197165/send-updates-options-for-attendees-are-not-displayed-in-outlook-on-the

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams video call notifications window not coming to the front

Many of our users are reporting an issue with the incoming call notification window in that it is not coming to the fore when ringing and they are having to minimise all other open applications to get to it. This has only started recently.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Blur and the Background features are complete gone....Again!

I recently enabled the new Features in Teams and updated to Version 1.3.00.9267 (64-bit) on July 28, 2020. Now the Blur and the Background features are complete gone!

It appears to be a rehash of an issue from back in June. The Current Case is Closed: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40115269-blur-option-disappeared

I would say that it needs to addressed again. I work from home (like a lot of other people). Need the feature to blur and set a background back ASAP please!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams for Mac looses focus when switching between spaces

If you
    1. have multiple Spaces activated on a Mac,
    2. move to a different Space than the one where Teams is located and
    3. switch back to Teams suing Cmd+Tab,
    Teams looses focus, i.e. the three circles in the upper left corner and the search field are both greyed out, you can not continue writing in the chat window and none of the keyboard shortcuts are working. You have to press in the Teams window using the mouse to get focus back. This does not happen when switching between Teams and other apps within the same Space. (However, if…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams screen sharing mouse pointer not visible from Linux client

When sharing the screen from a Windows client, the mouse pointer is visible, which allows the presenter to draw attention to particular things on screen.

When sharing the screen on Linux, the mouse pointer is not visible.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. left and right arrow keys stop working

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/left-right-arrow-keys-dont-move-the-cursor-in/0005b99d-f034-4d65-89f2-c67bd7c53e67

Teams chat box appears to randomly stop allowing you to use the left and right arrow keys. Restarting teams appears to fix the issue.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base