Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Guest User can give control of their screen when Screen Sharing in chat !!!!

We've tested many times and many ways.
    The Guest User cannot give control of their screen when they doing Screen Sharing in chat.
    The workaround is we can schedule a Teams meeting but it will be more handy if this functionality can be added in the chat!!!
    Please remove some restriction on Guest User when they are using the main features about Teams!!!
    Thanks a lot in advance!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't answer incoming calls.

I've missed 2 out of 2 incoming calls now because pressing the answer button did nothing. The phone was unlocked. It hit the button a dozen times, but it just kept ringing.

Android, Google Pixel 2

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to disable spell check

Unable to disable spell check. I am able to set the language of the app, but unable to disable the spell check when writing in another language.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams application closes automatically

The app closes for no reason and no errors reported in log files

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Caller ID Name Display

For Canadian callers, the outgoing name display does not currently work. When I make an outgoing phone call via MS Teams, the call recipient only sees my business number. They do not see my company name or any name associated with that number. In the US, there is a CNAME database that needs to be updated with a name for each phone number. In Canada, there is no database. The caller's phone company sends the caller's name, whether it is VoIP or traditional phone. Please, MS Teams, add a feature where Canadian customers can indicate what business name should appear…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not everyone able to use the chat function during large meetings

Some users in our organization reported that during large meetings (we had more than 160 users in the meeting) they cannot see the "Show Conversation" option in the control bar and hence cannot view or participate the chat. Is this a known issue?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Channel Notifications still notifying on muted channels

I have a large(ish) Team of 172 members and have at least a dozen instances of people telling me that they are getting notifications of new posts even though they have the channel notifications turned off or even have the channel itself hidden. I have verified that they have their notifications set to Off for "All new posts" and/or that they do indeed have the channel(s) hidden. They still get banner and Activity Feed notifications whenever there is a new post, even without any mentions at all.

I have provided a couple of screenshots to demonstrate. One is of the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams sends voice email messages which fail SPF checks

Whenever you call someone in Microsoft Teams and they do not get your call, you can leave them a voice message in the app.

Teams will then send an email message to the recipient's mailbox with the voice message information, the transcription and an attached audio file. Teams will also send it from the caller's email address (e.g. From: John.Doe@example.com).

These email messages are sent in such a way that an Exchange Transport Rule like the one attached in the PNG file will flag them unexpectedly, because they seem to be sent from IP address(es) not included in the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Notifications on OSX Notifications Screen Missing

Microsoft teams does not show up on Notifications settings window. All other MSFT tools like Outlook, OneNote, Excel, etc. show up. If a new . chat comes up, you need to be watching the icon vs. setting it up with a notification method (banners, alert etc.). This needs to be compliant with MacOS standards. Also, Teams app needs icons in Touchbar - most important one will be Mute/unmute button for calls. Thank you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Teams Crashing with New Conversation in iOS 13.1

Whenever I create a new conversation in MS Teams using iOS 13.1, the app crashes.

However, I noticed that if I start replying to an existing conversation, and then, I erase my response, the app will then allow me to post a new conversation without crashing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Renaming a channel isn't applied to all areas that the channel name is used.

Original Name: "Test Renaming"
    New Name: "Test Renaming1"

Areas that the old channel name continues to appear.
    - Under the Files tab
    - The backend folder of the channel
    - The url used for "Open in SharePoint"

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Renaming a channel does not take effect in the Files section

If a channel are renamed from X to Y and you go into the Files section the the title that are shown is still X and not Y.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy image from chat

When a contact post an image in chat, I should be allowed to copy image and paste it somewhere else (i.e. a word file, or onenote document) but the image seems to be blank.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Teams Meeting add-in causes a crash in Outlook 2016 when switching folders.

The Teams Meeting add-in for Outlook causes a crash in Outlook 2016 when switching folders. When I remove the add-in Outlook works fine.

This only happens on my 64-bit machine, not on my 32-bit machine, where I can use the Teams Meeting add-in without any problem.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base