Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My status will not update from away to available unless I activate the teams window.

My teams status will update to away automatically, but I've noticed that after returning to the computer, the status remains "away" unless the teams window becomes the active window. Once I activate the teams window again, the status will reset automatically after a few seconds. However, this is not intuitive, if I have teams running in the background, it will show me as away even if I've been back and active on my computer for hours, and I won't even be aware.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incomming calls are not displayed in foreground.

If i use a CitrixDesktop in fullscreen and start MS-Teams on my main Desktop, outside of the CitrixDesktop, then i can hear the ring sound of incomming call but i didn't get the popup on the right low corner to answer the call. I recordnized the problem since start of november. For now i use the 1.3.00.30866 64bit Version on Windows 10
    10.0.19042 Build 19042. My coworkers got the same issiu.

--> https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msteams/forum/msteamstfl-msteamscallin-msteams_audio/anruf-als-banner-anzeigen-lassen-und-klingelton/b718911e-489a-4a2f-b764-a7eea8937f29?page=1

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Teams Kills all Network Connectivity During Calls

Despite having a good WiFi or Ethernet connection, regardless of which network I'm on, if I join a Microsoft Teams call, all network connectivity stops working and teams simultaneously reports poor call quality and no network connectivity. All this while on an active call which I can see and hear. Here's a full description of symptoms.

Every time I connect to a Teams meeting:

• Incoming call quality is ok. I can hear and see others.

• Outgoing call quality is very poor. Others say my voice is breaking up.

• If I unmute and speak for more than a few seconds, I…
    58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable last seen time

Please add a setting to disable last seen time option.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams video call notifications window not coming to the front

Many of our users are reporting an issue with the incoming call notification window in that it is not coming to the fore when ringing and they are having to minimise all other open applications to get to it. This has only started recently.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manage calendar updates the same as Outlook online

When changes are made to a meeting invite from within the Teams calendar - e.g. adding a new attendee - an update is sent to ALL attendees. The expected behaviour is that the update logic used by Outlook Online is used as per the article below - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3197165/send-updates-options-for-attendees-are-not-displayed-in-outlook-on-the

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams screen sharing mouse pointer not visible from Linux client

When sharing the screen from a Windows client, the mouse pointer is visible, which allows the presenter to draw attention to particular things on screen.

When sharing the screen on Linux, the mouse pointer is not visible.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Blur and the Background features are complete gone....Again!

I recently enabled the new Features in Teams and updated to Version 1.3.00.9267 (64-bit) on July 28, 2020. Now the Blur and the Background features are complete gone!

It appears to be a rehash of an issue from back in June. The Current Case is Closed: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40115269-blur-option-disappeared

I would say that it needs to addressed again. I work from home (like a lot of other people). Need the feature to blur and set a background back ASAP please!

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Recorded video

Can't see or download recorded video of meeting in chat log.

Can see it on web client on computer.

Please let people download video to their phone.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Webcam video other participants can see is black and white or has weird graphic artifacts

Since about 1-2 weeks before Christmas 2020, on any MS Teams call my video is presented to other participants either in black and white or with weird graphical artifacts (colored shadows over the video), while my preview looks completely normal.

Based on reddit thread and MS Teams forum discussion (see links below) I am not the only one experiencing this; also based on the discussion my first guess would be a relation to nVidia GPU and GPU drivers (I have a GTX 1070 GPU with latest drivers, Logitech Brio web cam).

Example screen shot of a shared Teams window (including…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If "new meeting experience" is enabled, telephone calls that come inbound from a Call Queue can not be answered and disconnect immediately

If the "new meeting experience" is enabled on Teams Version 1.3.0019173 (64bit) Windows 10 then users in our telephone call queue can no longer answer any incoming calls. They are disconnected immediately upon answering. Disabling "new meeting experience" resolves this for now.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cursor jumps to the end of message, when I change it somewhere in the middle

This. It is very-very annoying! Please fix it!
    Not sure but maybe it is related to keyboard language switching.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/23/20.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base