Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable last seen time

Please add a setting to disable last seen time option.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bulk delete functionality is not there...

Bulk delete option should there if someone wants to delete a whole chat or multiple messages at the same time.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams on iPad OS cannot open Office Files

Teams on IPad OS beta 13 cannot open most Microsoft Office files within the files section. It states that they are unsupported file types. Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents affected. OneNote seems to open though.

Any ideas?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Headset mute button behaviour is inconsistent

USB headset mute controls are inconsistent depending on whether the headset is plugged in or not when Teams is started.

It appears that when the headset is plugged in before Teams is started the Mute button does not control the Teams mute button. The Teams mute button does however control the headset OK (confirmed by the LED) If its plugged in after Teams is started, all works OK in both directions.

No limitations listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565
    Windows 10 17134.1425
    Plantronics C3200

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extreme CPU usage of Teams for Mac when using video

Teams for Mac makes the computer almost unusable when using video conference. CPU goes to 100%, teams app slows down, Mac starts fan at max speed making even worse the experience of participating in a video conference (because of the noise).

A fix is URGENT and IMPORTANT, over any other feature.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. missing private channel owner

My last private channel owner was remove from the group by accident
    then, the private channel become no owner, no one can manage it

the owner was removed as I leave the plan of the group

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Presenter and Attendee roles for Meetings in Microsoft Teams .Meetings need to be sent out first.

Meeting organizers will now have an option to define roles for meeting attendees: presenter and attendee. Presenters will have full control over the meeting, whereas meeting attendees cannot share content, take control, mute or remove other participants, admit people waiting in the lobby, or start/stop recordings.However the meeting option only allows to select presenters if the invitations are sent out.Could it be fixed so that while creating the meeting itself user can select the presenters?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Links to OneNote paragraphs

Teams Desktop and WebApp modify links to paragraphs created in OneNote is such way they no longer point and highlight paragraphs, instead, they just open notebook.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Presenter view in Powerpoint shows others blank screen

It looks like it isn't possible to present to a team call with presenter notes, as they get a blank screen when that view is chosen. It is possible to use a normal presentation or to just share the window and step through the slides that way, but it isn't possible to get visibility of the presenter notes as part of a proper presentation. This was from a Macbook presenting to a Macbook from the desktop Teams application.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams desktop memory and CPU leak

Windows 7 with all updates. Desktop Teams 1.2.00.21068 (64-bit) - the latest available for me at this moment. High CPU and memory usage (see attached image). Teams window is not active, no chats and other activity. It happens sometimes, I can't find any pattern. The only way is to kill processes. Closing the app just closes that process with high memory usage.

Installed Memory - 8 GB, Processor - Intel Core i5-2320

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Freezes

While screensharing using Teams, it often freezes the other programs such as Excel.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Yealink IP phone - lack of SpeedDial, lack of directory or teams contacts

The current desktop phones (I only have Yealink 56a) don't support personal outlook/teams contacts or a way to use speed dials on the display.

A phone without this function is useless in daily use, it should have the same functionality as the Windows or mobile version in terms of contact management, also having a central directory option to include multiple corporate directories (e.g. a repository in O365 to have phone books) would help

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My status will not update from away to available unless I activate the teams window.

My teams status will update to away automatically, but I've noticed that after returning to the computer, the status remains "away" unless the teams window becomes the active window. Once I activate the teams window again, the status will reset automatically after a few seconds. However, this is not intuitive, if I have teams running in the background, it will show me as away even if I've been back and active on my computer for hours, and I won't even be aware.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base