Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It says I'm away even though I'm not, and won't let me change it to available. Skype says I'm available.

It says I'm away even though I'm not, and won't let me change it to available. Skype says I'm available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy image from chat

When a contact post an image in chat, I should be allowed to copy image and paste it somewhere else (i.e. a word file, or onenote document) but the image seems to be blank.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to upload files

We just setup our instance of teams and after a day, we still are getting the error message on all files:

We are setting up your file directory.
    Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You should be able to open teams with run command

Almost all Office apps can be called using the run command in Windows ( windows key + R). Eg. you can use winword to open word; excel for excel, powerpnt for powerpnt.

However, I cannot figure out how to call teams in an efficient manner there. Since the executable is called Teams.exe, I supposed it should be just typing teams there to launch the program.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Polycom devices failing to sign back in after being disconnected from power

When Polycom devices are shut off due to a power outage, the device will sign out from Teams due to failure in saving the credentials. Meaning the device requires to be signed into again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On Teams Admin - Why does Devices show that Yealink Teams Phone show it is offline even though the phone is working?.

On Teams Admin - Why does Devices show that Yealink Teams Phones show it is offline even though the phone is working?
    The work around to get it back online is I have to do the IP address of the Yealink Phone using Andriod os and remotely reboot or physically have to reboot the Yealink Phone

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't answer incoming calls.

I've missed 2 out of 2 incoming calls now because pressing the answer button did nothing. The phone was unlocked. It hit the button a dozen times, but it just kept ringing.

Android, Google Pixel 2

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mobile: Sign In Causes Outlook Sign Out

Signing into Teams on Android causes the Outlook app to requiere sign in again. Then signing in with Outlook signs out of Teams. And the loop continues.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notifications not working on iOS 13 beta

No notifications on iOS 13 beta iPhone XS MAX

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Teams window is about 50% darker when my desktop is running HDR mode.

BUG, BUG, BUG.. The teams windows is about 25% dimmer when running in HDR mode. Please fix this....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Renaming a channel does not take effect in the Files section

If a channel are renamed from X to Y and you go into the Files section the the title that are shown is still X and not Y.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Android Login security bug

If I changed my Microsoft teams password in Desktop and then try to use the teams Android app, it prompts me to enter the credentials again as a notification, but if I ignore it, I can still see my previos chat history and files. Now, this is a security bug, like in case if an employee is leaving, he still can access files which he had used in teams through the mobile app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest users are able to receive calls although the private call is not allowed for guest users.

I've tested following guest experience scenario.
    Teams user in the organization: Allow private calling - ON
    Guest user: Allow private calling - OFF

In this case, Guest users are not able to make private calls but able to receive calls from users in the organization. It should not be the expected behavior.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.

There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.
    ( "Allow users to chat privately")

Click on the user name in the team and click the chat icon in the displayed dialog.
    Then private chat will be started.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Poor Clipboard Capabilities - Cannot select all, copying to clipboard limited to very small amount of text

Using Teams Client - Cannot use CTRL+A to select entire chat message, very difficult to select text in general. Am able to select limited amounts of text by click and drag to select, but even then can only get about 1 screen worth, and if the window happens to scroll while trying to select, lose some of the selection and have to start all over...

This type of thing was the basic functionality of Windows in the past. Notepad supports copy/paste and it is about as simple as you can get. Please fix the basics.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base