Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Sharing with 3440 x 1440 Resolution shows as a black screen

Screen Sharing with 3440 x 1440 Resolution shows as a black screen

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams administrator can't provide access to Private Channels

A Teams Private Channel has been created by a user that is no longer with the company, and the user account has been deleted from the directory. The Teams Administrator cannot make a new user the Owner of the Private Channel. Only an Owner of of the Private Channel can make someone an owner. If there are no Owners left of the Private Channel then we have no way of modifying membership.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No emojis are showing up

Currently, none of the emojis are showing up, even after updating/restarting. This is for normal emojis and reaction emojis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't need duplicated push notifications in Activity and Chat!

If someone responds to a message with an emoji, you get the notification in both Chat and Activity. Unnecessary duplication, and I'm constantly chasing clicking into both just to clear the notification.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Giphy content rating of 'no restriction' has disapeared in clients

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/ms-teams-giphy-settings-content-rating-quot-no-restriction-quot/m-p/1174030

Whilst it is visible in the Teams Admin Centre, the no restriction content rating has disapeared within the desktop, web and mobile clients and the standard content rating is now moderate. This could be a change that has been made, but there has been no official notification of this, and the documentation on docs.com shows this should still exist (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/messaging-policies-in-teams)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Searching for messages across all teams returns "No matches found."

If you try to search via the Global Search bar for a specific text string, which appeared in a message which was posted in one of the teams you are a member of, it returns "No matches found." It only returns the right result, when I manually go into "More filters" and specify in which team the message was originally posted. The problem is: I am a member of many teams and often I can't remember, in which team the message was posted. I would expect the global search to search for messages across all the teams I am a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. desktop sharing freeze

When on a chat with someone and they share their desktop with me, it works for maybe 20 seconds and then freezes. If we cancel the sharing and try again it works again for anohter short period and then freezes.

I am remoting into my PC with Teams installed via Microsoft Remote Desktop. If I run teams on my local machine and not remote into the office PC, it does not freeze.

So the fault may well be with remote desktop and not with teams, but I can't be sure. It's only the teams shared desktop that freezes, the rest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple accounts bugs galore

I've added a second account to the App. When I switch accounts, things get completely out of whack - teams disappear from lists, in particular. Switching back and forth makes matters worse to the point where Teams from the wrong account get displayed while supposedly signed into another account. The only solution is to sign-out of all the additional accounts and reset the database/clear the cache. It's a mess.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group folders created in Skype are always expanded in Teams.

Group folders created in Skype are always expanded in Teams.

In Skype, I created folders for all of our different buildings so I could simply expand a folder when I needed to communicate with someone in that building then collapse it when I was done - nice, neat, clean, and efficient. The folders were collapsed by default each time Skype launched.

In Teams, it copied over all of my buildings’ folders into Contacts fine but conversely all of the 21 or so folders are expanded by default so all I see is an enormous list of names when I look…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message can’t be received on pc and phone at the same time

Every time I receive message my phone can got it immediately but the desktop has no reaction. I think it should have same reaction on phone and desktop in the same time.that will lead to lost information in time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested.

Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested. For example, when demoting an owner to member, kicks out the user from the Team. Sometimes when doing changes to a member, it kicks out another member from the team.

Please fix.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MTR | Source attached is automatically presented on room display

We're using Crestron Flex as MTR system (UC-B-160-T) in the single display mode. In our setup, a wireless presentation system is connected to the MTR at all times, so users can share their content without having to attach a cable. When a call comes in or a meeting starts, the content attached is automatically presented to the front room display. In the call you don't have access to the "Present/ "Stop present" button anymore, so you only see the content on the front room display, not the caller's video. Only option is to change the layout, so the caller's video…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reactions have disappeared in Teams messaging

Gone in the Teams app for all of our users. Still works on Android app though.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications keep coming for messages already viewed.

I keep getting notifications for old messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notifications not popping up on iphone

Notifications set to always and turned on in settings on phone as well. No notifications are popping up still.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Avatar’s not updating when changed

When a user changes their avatar, sometimes their previous avatar displays instead. There’s no trend when or why it happens.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to call extensions using conferencing call

When I use the keypad to dial an extension number in a conference call, it doesn't work. Seems Teams Meeting will not send DTMF to PSTN?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams chats error in delivering and late update

I am using teams in my laptop & mobile..many times i have noticed that teams is huge time to be in synci.e it shows old chat i have to relogin every time. And chats are not delivered have to resend some time its embarrassing to ask if the chat was received or not.do needful

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Annoying auto scrolling of chat view

When trying to read the older messages in a chat if someone is sending messages in the chat, the view keeps scrolling to the bottom making it impossible to read older messages. Very annoying bug that needs to be fixed to make the chat view usable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shifts as standalone app/tab in Teams (or splitscreen)

It would be great if Shifts could either be opened as a standalone application, or split screen with the Conversations. As I am coordinating schedules for multiple (50+) individuals I am constantly flipping between the conversation regarding their issues or concerns with their schedules and Shifts App which is highly inefficient.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base