Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Click on 3 dots in favorites list doesn't work for general channels

If you click on the 3 dots of a general channel in the favorites list, the option menu will not be shown. if you select a general channel and click on the 3 dots next to the title (above the conversations), the option menu shows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File are not showing up in channels

We are stuck at this message for days:

We are setting up your file directory.
    Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

This is happening on all devices and browers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video call option is diabled

my video call ooption is greyed. i cant start a video call. pls help me select video call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Swapping between accounts meant that one account had all the rights of the previous account

I use two accounts for Teams - one that is my own work account (only a member of any teams that I need access to on a day-to-day basis) and another that is used by the whole department as a service account (which is an owner of every team that has been created).

Using the desktop app, I signed out from the department service account and into my own, but had Owner level access to all the teams in the business. Any changes that I made (to teams that my account wasn't even a member of) were made successfully, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Teams: Like twice on a single post with same user

I am able to like twice on the single post with same user and it shown on screen as well. After a sec it got removed.

Steps to recreate:

1. Go to any Post
    2. Like a Post and within sec again click on the same like button.

Expected:
    Post should be dislike

Actual:
    Post got liked twice and after a sec one like got removed but one like still persist.

PFA for the image evidance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sign-in loop

I was prompted on tasks.microsoft.com that my password expires and to change it. I changed it. This caused Teams to require to sign back in with the new password. Upon clicking "Sign In" on the desktop app, the app closed, relaunched and told me again to sign back in with my new password. Clicking again "sign in" caused the app to close and restart back on the previous screen. I looped this about 15 times. Sign out from start menu did nothing. Teams app while the "sign back in" screen is shown is unusable. Had to reinstall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using Copy/Paste from Google Translate (Chrome) to Teams and its not working

I am using Google Translate and typing English and then copying the Spanish to Teams to communicate with our offices in Costa Rica. Most of the times it works fine. But every so often it doesn't and I get something like the attached and I can't send the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoho projects won't save as a channel in my Teams site

I've just started with teams and tried to install Zoho Projects. I got as far as a screen that asks me to select a .com or .eu domain (my company has a .co.uk domain) but whichever one I select, the Proceed button does nothing and the 'save' button is greyed out. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot add a new channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

Cannot add a new channel. The channel disappears after created under the team.

We have tried all the various ways to create the channel, you see it flash for a second like it was added then disappears! it is not in the Channel list either under active or deleted.

NOTE: you can add new channels from the Mobile App. Not the Desktop or Web apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. call button disappears from teams client

Hello,
    We had an issue with the calling button on Teams client. users were already enabled for entreprise voice and have been assigned Line URI and policies (we are on direct routing deployment).
    Few days after their activation, users didn't have the call button and when we run a get command on PowerShell to check their status, they still are enabled for voice, having a phone number and a policies assigned.
    Could you please advise? we tried to re-enable them and that resolved our issue but we want to understand why that happens as we still have the issue sometimes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team" not working

"Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team" is not working when creating a new channel. It doesn't matter if I check the checkbox, new channels are always marked as favorite to everyone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My assignments won't come up!

I am a student using this site, and whenever I am trying to complete an assignment that was given from my teacher at home, nothing shows up. However, while at school they do work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. url

Please support entering of URLs with alternate text, as described in this conversation: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Inserting-links/td-p/38927

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. TFS Messages content not appearing in iPhone app

Having set up a service hook from TFS into Teams, this appears very nicely in full message into the Windows app but on the iPhone app it appears as just a header with no content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Glossary tab not showing

Glossary tab isn't showing for one of our colleages, either on Windows desktop app, or in Chrome.

Everyone else can see the tab successfully. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft Teams won't open Skype Meetings or Excel correctly

After the last round of updates, when I click the "Join" button in Teams to join a Skype meeting, the pop-up window appears that says my meeting is opening in another window but then nothing happens. I have to go to to Skype to get the meeting to launch. Also, when I open an Excel file from Teams, it will open correctly, but if I try to select the "Edit in Excel" option, the pop-up window appears that says my meeting is opening in Excel but then nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications won't disappear

After I get a Like notification it doesn't disappear and it can not be closed. Only way to remove it seems to be to restart Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When an Office 365 account is deleted, the user is shown as joining an org-wide team

This morning after deleting 2 old Office 365 accounts the message "*** joined the team" appeared in the General channel of our 'Org-wide' team. Both of these accounts were already sign in blocked before we changed the channel to Org-wide so I don't believe were already in it, but I found it odd that deleting their accounts said they joined, but of course they weren't showing in the member's list.

Not a major issue, but it just meant I had to answer a few queries as to why 2 old members of staff were joining the team :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to send messages

I was unable to send messages and getting the error like this "Failed to send".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.