Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File with dot at the beginning has after download not a dot at the beginning

If you upload a file with a dot at the beginning in a chat, the downloaded file has this dot no more at the beginning.

Example:
    The file '.editorconfig' is uploaded in a chat. In the message the file is shown as '.editorconfig'.
    But the downloaded file is named: 'editorconfig' (without dot)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to access MS treams on Desktop when trying to access a different channel

I am unable to use MS teams on desktop. I get a blank window when trying to access a different channel. I am guest on the channel that i am trying to switch too. I am able to access it on the web app.
    The desktop app is crashing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notes get lost when someone else displays

I have lost my meeting notes, during a meeting twice now. I have been displaying my screen as I take notes. It seems to happen when someone else displays. When the other person takes over, they go through their presentation. When I go back to the notes, they are gone. Tonight, it seemed to revert back 30-45 minutes. A significant amount of the meeting, but it caught some of the meeting notes from earlier on. There is an autosave happening with some type of clock. But losing meeting minutes should not be possible. How do I prevent this in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Invitation for teams meeting are delivered directly to exchange server.

Our company is not using O365 Exchange. We have on-promise solution for emails and calendar based on Domino server. When somebody create meeting, invitation is directly delivered to Exchange however MX record for our domain point to totally different server. It is interesting, that normal notification about conversation is correctly delivered to mail server from MX record. This problem is only for invitations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wrong value of Name field with inbound JSON message on the outgoing webhook is responding.

On Windows desktop apps, Web apps in browser, iOS apps correct value is responding. On Android apps responding is not value of member's profile of Teams but MS account's original profile.

Inbound message:
    "from": {
    "id": "...",
    "name": "!!HERE!!"
    },

I think it caused by there is not "Edit Name" menu on Android apps In member's profile of Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit Name menu is not exist in member's profile on Android apps.

In member's profile on Windows desktop apps, Web apps in browser, iOS apps, there is "Edit Name" menu and "Edit Image" menu. There is not "Edit Name" menu on Android apps but only "Edit Image" menu.

So, I cannot change my name on Android apps!

I think this cause wrong value responding with inbound JSON message on the outgoing webhook.

Inbound message:
    },

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit Name menu is not exist in member's profile on Android apps.

In member's profile on Windows desktop apps, Web apps in browser, iOS apps, there is "Edit Name" menu and "Edit Image" menu. There is not "Edit Name" menu on Android apps but only "Edit Image" menu.

So, I cannot change my name on Android apps!

I think this cause wrong value responding with the outgoing webhook on inbound JSON message.

Inbound message:

},

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UI fell into messy black rectangles after reducing the window size

The window became filled with black rectangles after I reduced the window size and adjusted it to be in the left half of my screen. The black rectangles kept changing, from covering small UI elements such as the "format" "attach" icons in the bottom, to the whole window. Then all the views became a mess. After I closed it by force and restarted it, it did not happen again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. takes too long to sync at start

When I start the app, It takes a lot of time for the app to get updates and synchronize with the servers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Group Chat stopped showing avatars and names for a period

In a continuous group chat used for handover between follow the sun sites suddenly avatars and names were no longer shown when text was added to the chat. Quitting the application and restarting it, nor a reboot fixed the issue. The next day it started working again by itself as well but the gap in the history where I am unable to see who added what is still there.

This seems to be an issue on the client side as my colleagues see the group chat correctly during the time it did not work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't handle event when team was deleted

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/bots/bots-notifications#

Here we have events that can be handled by my bot to update user/conversation/team cache, but here is some trouble with this. I don't receive TeamMemberRemoved event any time when a team was deleted. I'm not sure that it is a bug, but from my point of view this is incorrect behavior that may lead to some inconsistency in bots. Because as you say in docs this events should be used for "Update cached information on team membership or channel information
    ". But with this fact (that we can't handle event, when team was deleted) we can't update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Speed Dial/Contact Naming Issues

If I try to include someone's nickname in the Full Name field of a contact I'm adding to my Speed Dial list, I get an invalid name error. The problem seems to be that the field doesn't like the use of quotation marks around the nickname. Yes, I know, I could use other than quotation marks, but that's conventional. Please fix this rather than asking me to adopt a new convention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link to app vendor seems wrong

When searching for Jira apps from MS Teams store, Jira Server appears. Clicking on the app shows that it's By Softserve, Inc., but the hyperlink is https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira. Is this intended? Shouldn't it be a link to some page by or about Softserve, Inc. instead?

This not only affects Jira, but also Confluence and Bitbucket. In other words, all Atlassian apps by Softserve have this same pattern. Upon doing a quick check, other apps seem to have the same pattern too. Why is this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Creative Cloud linking: onedrive/outlook log in to ms teams won't work

After signing in outlook email, it will reload for the password input but will only show a blank modal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. gifs don't display in quotes

Creating a quote field in chat and dragging a gif that has already been posted into the field, causes the gif not to display in the quote box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. conversations not visible in desktop

Channel conversations have disappeared on the Desktop version, but they're still there--visible on the web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Upload a bot to the organization's application catalog via sideloading fails with exception

I have created a bot in the AppStudio and I can upload this bot into my personal MS Teams app. catalog, but every time I'm trying to put it into the organization's catalog it fails with error:

Unexpected exception returned from the service.Error code: GeneralException
    Error message: Exception in CreateTenantAppDefinitionAsync. UserId: 'bf01f57d-bd54-4359-944b-726a6fa44e88', TenantId: 'bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03', AppId: '56996f88-6570-43f2-9f29-58e1bdb38b62', Exception(s): 'Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.Common.ServiceException: Failed to execute settings store request: https://settings.teams.skype.com/amer/v1.0/settings/teams/tenants/bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03/appentitlements, StatusCode: 400, ReasonPhrase: Schema validation errors, X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 967F7225F5F1401D903EDE550BAEBC80 Ref B: BAYEDGE0421 Ref C: 2019-05-13T19:43:40Z
    at Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.BackendServices.SettingsStore.SettingsStore.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d19.MoveNext() in F:\ts-services-111_work\524\s\Source\BackendServices\BackendServices\SettingsStore\SettingsStore.cs:line 265
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The side bar does not collapse reliably

See title. Especially when the app fills half of the screen (i.e. full screen, shared with another full screen app), the side bar overlaps part of the content, and does not collapse every time, covering part of the content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base