Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams on iPadOS deadloads PowerPoint Presentations.

Teams on iPadOS deadloads PowerPoint Presentations.

Since updating to iPadOS13 a Powerpoint presentation opened in Teams keeps loading over and over again (without opening the presentation) until your device is completely full. The files are also not visible, so you can not clear your device space by saying "delete downloaded files" or "delete teams files"

I tested it with iOS 12.x and the problem was not there. Afterwards I upgraded to iPadOS13 (also tested with 13.1 and 13.2) and the problem occurs again.

Tho you can not clear the space on your iPad again without resetting it, this problem should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Teams Client, when we use "meet now" option from calendar and invite a person or phone number, there is no ringtone

In Teams Client, when we use "meet now" option from calendar and invite a person or phone number to join the meeting immediately, there is no ringtone. this will confuse user whether the call is progress or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Markdown editing breaks writing Python code inline

Python's "magic" methods and such all start with double underscores and end in double underscores. When you try to type them in Teams as a code literal, the editor automatically makes the names italic even if you're in the middle of typing the code literal, e.g. if you type:

`file

You will end up with "file" being italic and one set of underscores removed instead of allowing you to close the code literal and end up with __file__.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gérer le partage de fichier au niveau microsoft teams

Bonjour
    on souhaite qu'il y aura une possibilité de gérer le partage de fichiers au niveau de Teams
    exemple un membre n'a pas le droit de partager ( charger de son ordinatateur ) un fichier et des choses similaires à ça
    Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Schedule items crossing Month boundaries do not render consistently on schedule in Shifts

Schedule items, such as overnight shifts or Time Off which straddle the month boundary (end of one month and start of the next) do not consistently appear on the schedule. I can view themonth of October, month view, and see someone has time off starting Oct. 25 (through Nov 2), but when I view November there are no schedule (month view) the same individual will show no items for November 1-2.
    Week to week within the month seems to display correctly, but the month boundary is inconsistent. I can be sitting next to a co-worker and they bring up the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sporadic issue not able to accept call

On my Pixel XL, sometimes the Accept button does not work when trying to answer an incoming call. It's sporadic, sometimes only a couple times a week, other times several times in a day. I have had this complaint from iPhone users as well... Why is this happening? We are doing a PoC and we really want this solution to work, but we can't push out a phone to our users and tell them, oh, by the way, you might not be able to answer your incoming calls all the time... SERIOUS BUG....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When your authentication or session expires, it doesn't prompt or tell you

Instead it just silently fails and behaves as if there are no new messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. screen transmission

TEAMS is not displayed in Mac Settings--> Screen Shots (macOS Catalina Version 10.15).
    Therefore the screen transfer function is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can't pin message in teams chat

to make it easier to find a message down the road it would be great if you can pin a message or make it i header message if it its the first message in a teams group chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyboard Blocks Text Field on iPad

The keyboard in the teams tab covers the text field so you can’t see what you are typing. This happens on my 10.5” iPad Air. Makes this core feature unusable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Typing animated image is not animated correctly

Whatever the lowest priority is for a bug, this would be one lower than that, lol.

The Teams Chat animated image for "typing" is physically incorrect. When the "fingers" animate downward and momentarily stop, the flat part of the "finger" is on the top....it should be on the bottom where the finger depresses against the imaginary keys. Again, minor but thought I'd pass it on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Accessing another team where I am the guest on the 64-bit version only returns me a 'sorry this isn't working' message

I have the option to try again or sign out.

If I was previously on the 'guest' account then I will be forever stuck in an infinite loop.

I remedied this by uninstalling the 64-bit and installing the 32-bit which provided all required functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In 1875 AG Bell understood that his telephone needed a ringer. Leave it to Micros~01 to leave off that feature.

I need the phone to ring the computer speakers and the communication channel to be my headset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I can not create a teams meeting in teams

Please at the teams button in the teams agenda so I can create a teams online meeting in de agenda portal of teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voicemail plays back through default Windows device, should use own settings

I have Teams configured to use my headset: https://i.imgur.com/PNaltEM.png

Except when I playback voicemail, it plays through the current default Windows speaker device - my speakers which everyone can hear.

It should IMO playback using the Speaker setting in Teams with option to change the device easily during playback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Github OAuth Broken

I'm trying to add the Github Tab to a Teams channel, but when I enter my credentials for Github, the Authorize button is inactive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Not possible to add a meeting header or title after opening "Scheduling Assistant"

If you forget to add a meeting title before opening the scheduler, then it is not possible to do that afterwards.
    You have to close the invite and start from scratch again, which takes more time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base