Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Teams deletes entire Sharepoint Site collection - incorrectly

When an MS Teams Team is created from an EXISTING sharepoint site, via the available option to do so, if the team is subsequently deleted, MS Teams also removes the entirety of the originating sharepoint site. Leading as may be expected to some anguish ! This happens asynchronously so you may not notice it immediately.

MS Teams should not be able to delete a sharepoint site it did not create. It is perfectly normal for organisations to have an existing cherished/much loved sharepoint site containing lots of very important things, and to want to extend to incorporate Teams for chat…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Surface Headphones Stereo does not work when chosen for Speaker

Surface Headphones Hands-Free are the "proper" choice for Speaker as it has an audio profile appropriate for phone calls. However, this profile is inappropriate for media, so it's undesirable if you're on a call at the same time you are listening to music, for example. There is simply no audio outputted when this is the selected Speaker, even though the Windows Audio Control Panel shows that audio is supposed to be being output. This could just be an issue with the Surface Headphones so I filed feedback on them too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screenlock

The call hangs up when screen is locked (to preserve battery for instance). Need a fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Formats disappearing in Excel workbook shared in Teams

We are having issues with formats on a shared excel workbook in Teams. We create a new week by copying the previous one and pasting in a new tab. This worked fine for a while but now it loses all formatting - every font, colour, box - its very annoying! All the data is there including formulas but does anyone know how to stop this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Meme generator loses post buttons if Teams window is too short

I had posted "custom memes" in the past, so I was confused when I couldn't do it anymore. Then I discovered it's a UX bug where the buttons disappear if you make the Teams window too short (attached).

Bad UX. Not responsive. There is plenty of space here... the code is just wrong. Thanks for fixing!

~Luke

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice Unclear when using Speaker

I am using the Teams application on a One Plus 6 mobile phone. When I connect to conference meetings using the speaker as sound output, listeners complain about my voice not reaching to them clearly and they hear a very vague voice. As soon as I switch to device speaker or headset, my voice goes clear and loud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The online person is not updating on realtime in Some Andriod phone like i have Samsung A50

The online person is not updating on realtime in Some Andriod phone like i have Samsung A50. Its taking 10-15 mins to update even i have good internet connection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification click is not working

When I click on any notification from MS Team, it will not open MS Team app for the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In dark theme, if there's an embedded table in a meeting, the table contents are not displayed

The text in the cells are there, they're just white text on a white background.
    Steps to repro:
    Create a meeting request in Outlook and add a table to the details (for example showing dates.
    View meeting in Teams Calendar in dark theme - text in table not visible
    Change to Default theme - text in table visible
    See attachment - in Dark Theme I've selected the text in the first row to make it visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Takes over system

I work with multiple clients and some client uses teams. When i login with their account their IT settings is applied to my account too which prevents me from performing multiple tasks. Thos should not happen. There has to be clear differentiation between system account and teams account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As a guest I get a license pop-up every other click

As a guest I get a license pop-up every other click. Presumably bc, stupidly, Teams doesn't allow guests to upload anything. Great product! The collaboration tool that doesn't allow you to collaborate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No option for notifications

I have a iPhone XR, I used to be able to receive notifications and with the newest three updates I no longer have the ability to receive notifications. It isn’t even one of the options provided in the notification section. What good is the application without being able to be notified that you have messages especially when you’re traveling? Could we have the functionality back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guests not seeing a private channel

Guests that belong to the team and are added to a private channel in that Team cannot see the private channel. We created a Team to work with a client back in March. It only had one channel (General) until December. We decided to test the Private Channel capability with a few of the members. We added two guests and an internal person

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I can not change the tag

I want to change the tag in xbox, but I can’t.
    The tag I want is "egorlozh". The support agent studied this problem and we did not find a solution. This tag is not available, even if you add any characters. There are no other accounts with this tag. What to do? (message translated from Russian, there may be inaccuracies)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Should provide last seen/Cant see how ling the away is team memeber on mobile app

Should provide last seen/Cant see how ling the away is team memeber on mobile app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notifications clicked don't work

I receive notifications and then click them and they do absolutely nothing. This app is buggy and should not exist as useless as it is to receive notices of channel activity but to be unable to access them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I cannot @mention tags on iPhone

I am unable to mention tags on iOS but could do so from Android and the desktop app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base