Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

• restart mac

• clear some application data / caching things

• re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Answering calls from a calling queue takes several seconds and sometimes answered calls are not connected

We have one calling queue attached to an auto attendant for our company's main phone number. Our receptionist attempts to pick up calls using the Teams desktop client on Windows 10, but it often takes several seconds before the call is connected. Sometimes when attempting to answer, the caller only hears clicking and the receptionist is still unable to answer.

Calls put on hold are sometimes unable to be picked back up without 30 seconds passing by.

This is all with Domestic Calling Plan in the United States. I don't know how much more "vanilla" our environment could be, but…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call Queue Calls Answer Automatically when placing outbound call

Using Microsoft Teams & CloudPBX with AA and Call Queues.

If a user that is part of a call queue is actively making an outbound PSTN call (call not connected yet), and a call comes into the call queue, the outbound call is put on hold, and the inbound call is automatically answered, without the user actually clicking the answer button. The outbound caller hears nothing (because they are on hold.) We thought the fix would be to set the toggle on the call queue for "Agents can opt out of taking calls" but that didn't work. I have an…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Linux Client not working on gov domain

Trying to use the linux client to connect to teams on the gov network, but just stalls out. Log seems to indicate an invalid url.

Steps:

• Launch preview app.

• Enter work account ([user]@[domain].com).

• Enter password.

• Window closes.

• Splash screen opens with at "Loading Microsoft Teams" for about 30 seconds.

• Teams window reopens saying "We've run into an issue" for about 10 seconds.

• Asks to sign in again. Rinse and repeat.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Android Teams login issues

I have to login to Teams each time I switch to it on android, then log back into outlook each time I switch back

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams.exe - Installation has failed Error Pop Up

This error message appeared after a user has logged back into the computer. It looks like Teams is trying to update itself but has failed to.

Temporary workarounds we have done is to remove Teams and download the latest update through the Teams website. But when Teams pushes another update, the same error message will appear.

Another workaround we did is go to C:\ProgramData\User\Microsoft\Teams and set the security permission of that folder so the user has full control.And then do a restart on the machine.

I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this error and if there's hopefully a…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Copy Link" or alternative should give direct access to link not formatted html

I want to be able to use "Copy Link" and past the link into:

• url bar

• Jira issue

• github comment/issue

• gitlab comment/issue

• text editor

Currently however "Copy Link" puts html on the clipboard which disallows the above use cases.

Below I paste the clipboard contents from "Copy Link":
    Patrick Wheeler: test can I link to a reply
    posted in ATR / test copy link in new channel at Apr 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Similar issue:
    * https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33896725--copy-link-aka-permalink-doesn-t-work-properly

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AD telephoneNumber field must appear in the Call drop-down menu

In Skype for Business, any and all telephone numbers published in AD (i.e. main / primary "telephoneNumber", "mobile", "homePhone", "otherTelephone" etc.) would appear in a drop-down menu (along with the default "Skype for Business call") any time there was a call button, either from the buddy list or from the contact card.

In Teams, this is quite broken:

1 Phone numbers visible in the contact card in Teams are not diallable / hyperlinked.

2 The Call button from the contact card presents a different user experience to the Call button in the chat screen. In the chat screen, it provides

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sorting by names in teams is not the same as in onenote

As a teacher we use teams and onenote together. When improving assignments, it is recommended that the alphabetical ranking in teams is the same as in onenote.

There is also a difference between De Witte and DeWitte.

Please uniformity please

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adaptive Cards Carousel not displaying in Teams

I'm a dev from AdaptiveCards team at Microsoft.
    I’m helping multiple customers who use AdaptiveCards in Carousel format in the context of Teams app.
    They complained that there is a hard limit on how many adaptive cards can be attached as carousel format.
    Especially, customers want to know if there really exists the hard limit; they claimed it to be 10. They also wanted to know If your team is considering removing the limit.

The issue can be accessed here.
    https://github.com/microsoft/AdaptiveCards/issues/3315.

Also customer complained the lack of documentation of this limit.
    suggestions:
    1. have SendActivityAsync to return more descriptive…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Teams' calls doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices

Although it shows an option to speak the calls on Bluetooth device when I try using, it never connect me to my headset. However my Bluetooth headset is already paired and connected to my mobile

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Version 1.2.00.13765 on macOS is using Discrete graphics continuously

"You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765. It was last updated on 6/3/19."

After this update, my MacBook Pro (15", 2017) is now continuously using the Radeon graphics system instead of falling back to Intel graphics to conserve power. This is obviously a massive hit to battery. Please investigate ASAP... I'll be happy to provide any logs needed if you can point me in the correct direction.

See attached PNG from gfxCardStatus (menubar applet) showing that Teams is the app to blame.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Invited to Team > signed in > stuck in sign in loop (Want to switch to Microsoft? We might ask you to sign in again'

A partner at a different organization invited me to join a Team. I can't access the account--the issue:
    1. Clicked invite to join Team created by partner
    2. Signed in to Teams using my Office 365 Premium account (joined to my business domain)
    3. The Team doesn’t display under the ‘Teams’ section
    4. The notification next to my account name tells me I have six new alerts/messages (I also received six email alerts stating I’ve been tagged in a discussion in the Team I was invited to)
    5. When I click on my account name, it show me an alternate…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Desktop App restarts itself when closed

Windows 10. When i close the desktop app, it restarts itself - every time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notifications

Team channels need notifications asap. I post to a team/group channel and members don't know about it until they manually go to the channel. Defeats the purpose of the channel. This is a major issue for the group

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base