Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. staticTabs are created automatically in manifest.json without name and contentUrl, So we could not install Bot.

When we create custom app bot using APP STUDIO, Personal tabs(about, conversations) are created automatically. Then i try to install the app, the error will occur.
    The error when i install app is as bellow.

manifest.json の読み取り中にエラーが発生しました:
    "staticTabs[0].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[0].contentUrl" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].contentUrl" は必須です

This error message say each name and contentUrl are required, but I can not edit and delete each tabs from APP STUDIO.

There was not this problem before.
    Does anyone know what is the problem in this situation?

Thanks.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Outlook Plugin creates meetings with wrong tenant information after tenant switch

I'm using Teams with different customer's tenants. Unfortunately, I'm not able to switch between the tenants directly (described possibility to click on the arrow next to my user’s image is not displayed), so I need to logout and sign into the different tenants manually.
    If I do so, team's outlook plugin doesn't recognize the tenant change for a while and meantime creates meetings in outlook with the tenant ID of the tenant I've been logged in before or – worse – is mixing up the invitations between different calendars (in calendar A the meeting with tenant B credentials will be…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer shows individual schedule under Your Shifts.

The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer show individual schedule under Your Shifts. However, my schedule is still visible under Team Shifts.
    Going to Settings > Shifts > Clear Shifts App Data did NOT correct the issue.
    Deleting the app and re-adding it did NOT correct the issue.
    If I go to Settings > Profile > View Schedule, I can see my current work schedule.
    Your Shifts was working correctly under version 2.0.10.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Answering calls from a calling queue takes several seconds and sometimes answered calls are not connected

We have one calling queue attached to an auto attendant for our company's main phone number. Our receptionist attempts to pick up calls using the Teams desktop client on Windows 10, but it often takes several seconds before the call is connected. Sometimes when attempting to answer, the caller only hears clicking and the receptionist is still unable to answer.

Calls put on hold are sometimes unable to be picked back up without 30 seconds passing by.

This is all with Domestic Calling Plan in the United States. I don't know how much more "vanilla" our environment could be, but…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Time Zone not redirecting in Citrix\RDS environments

Currently running a Citrix environment with the Teams machine wide package installed. Time zone redirection is working, as the system time reflects the clients local time and Outlook does as well, however in teams when viewing the Calendar it shows everything in server local time which can be up to 4 hours off for some clients.

could you either:
    A - have teams following the time zone redirection policy as well like the other apps...or
    B - place a setting in the app that allows the client to choose their time zone so that the meeting show properly in teams.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Links to OneNote paragraphs

Teams Desktop and WebApp modify links to paragraphs created in OneNote is such way they no longer point and highlight paragraphs, instead, they just open notebook.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Application unresponsive while typing messages/switching teams/etc

Recently my colleagues and I noticed that the UI in Teams is getting more and more unresponsive over time and even completely unusable at certain moments.

Cases where this happens:
    - Opening a (group) chat and trying to type a message. The application will take up to 10 seconds before the UI becomes responsive.
    Even after letting Teams "recover" for some while it's still incredibly difficult to type a message. I can type full sentences before they are visible in the chat area.
    - Switching between chats or teams triggers the above behaviour. In addition it freezes the UI completely. …

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams on iPad OS cannot open Office Files

Teams on IPad OS beta 13 cannot open most Microsoft Office files within the files section. It states that they are unsupported file types. Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents affected. OneNote seems to open though.

Any ideas?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yealink IP phone - lack of SpeedDial, lack of directory or teams contacts

The current desktop phones (I only have Yealink 56a) don't support personal outlook/teams contacts or a way to use speed dials on the display.

A phone without this function is useless in daily use, it should have the same functionality as the Windows or mobile version in terms of contact management, also having a central directory option to include multiple corporate directories (e.g. a repository in O365 to have phone books) would help

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. missing private channel owner

My last private channel owner was remove from the group by accident
    then, the private channel become no owner, no one can manage it

the owner was removed as I leave the plan of the group

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable last seen time

Please add a setting to disable last seen time option.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams will send chat messages to mailboxes that don't have Teams

The issue is that users in our tenant are able search for and send Teams chat messages to mailboxes and users that don't have Teams. This includes shared mailboxes and users with Exchange only license. (O1) Neither of those have the ability to log into Teams.

Here is the original post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-will-send-chat-messages-to-mailboxes-that/e75381bb-617d-47cb-9894-fe111698fb77

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)