Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Private channel members cannot access files

I created a private channel and added a spreadsheet to the files section. However the channel members that I invited cannot access the files. How do we fix this?

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams will send chat messages to mailboxes that don't have Teams

The issue is that users in our tenant are able search for and send Teams chat messages to mailboxes and users that don't have Teams. This includes shared mailboxes and users with Exchange only license. (O1) Neither of those have the ability to log into Teams.

Here is the original post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-will-send-chat-messages-to-mailboxes-that/e75381bb-617d-47cb-9894-fe111698fb77

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When transferring using consult then transfer in new meeting experience, the 'live' call window is behind the call being transferred

We have found that when attempting to transfer a call with the new meeting experience switched on, the window for the 'live' call - i.e. the consultation is hidden behind the call you are attempting to transfer, which is not intuitive nor immediately obvious so it appears that the Transfer button is missing.

Could this please be resolved so that the focus is on the consultative call window and not on the call which is being transferred (which is on hold at this time)?

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Flashing Red Border

When screen sharing with Teams and using an external display, the red border around the shared window is flashing instead of being solid. A solid red border is okay, but the flashing red is very distracting. This is specifically when the external display is a ClickShare.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. invisible notification window mac

My teams client was updated to 1.3.00.28778 on 11/13/20. Prior to this update, I did not have the problem I describe below:

1) Launch Teams
    2) Receive a message from a teammate prompting a notification
    3) Switch to Teams
    4) Read message
    5) Select Window Menu
    6) Observe that a window titled "Message Notification" still exists
    7) "Bring All To Front" does not make a notification visible
    8) No option exists to close this Message Notification window

Others have complained about this problem - a quick search using Google for "invisible notification window" gets multiple hits.

The window is not…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Outlook Plugin creates meetings with wrong tenant information after tenant switch

I'm using Teams with different customer's tenants. Unfortunately, I'm not able to switch between the tenants directly (described possibility to click on the arrow next to my user’s image is not displayed), so I need to logout and sign into the different tenants manually.
    If I do so, team's outlook plugin doesn't recognize the tenant change for a while and meantime creates meetings in outlook with the tenant ID of the tenant I've been logged in before or – worse – is mixing up the invitations between different calendars (in calendar A the meeting with tenant B credentials will be…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometime tagging mention has not receive notification

It seems some bugs. When user mentioned by tag that sometime it has not receive notification.But its not anytime happens. just sometime

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams keeps changing my status to away

I need to be able to set my status to available and prevent teams from changing it to away.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Call consult and transfer to a call queue - transfer feature is missing

Incoming call should via "consult and transfer" to a call queue. if an agent answers the call queue transfer feature is missing, its not possible to transfer, only switch back to the call or hang up. transfer after consulting should be available like in 1:1 calls.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bulk delete functionality is not there...

Bulk delete option should there if someone wants to delete a whole chat or multiple messages at the same time.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications are not coming to the front

I'm using Teams Windows desktop client.
    Since a few Weeks ago there is an old problem from spring 2020 in the notifications. If another application is set maximized, the notifications for new messages or incoming calls notification are not appearing on top. Without my speakers i wouldn't recognize an incoming call. I'm working remote via Windows RDP and face this problem every day -_-

And I am not the only affected user...there are currently houndreds of affected user - look in the comments of the old bug reports:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35076475-notifications-are-not-coming

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35681143-incoming-call-notification-dialog-not-always-app

Please solve it asap! Thanks!

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Answering calls from a calling queue takes several seconds and sometimes answered calls are not connected

We have one calling queue attached to an auto attendant for our company's main phone number. Our receptionist attempts to pick up calls using the Teams desktop client on Windows 10, but it often takes several seconds before the call is connected. Sometimes when attempting to answer, the caller only hears clicking and the receptionist is still unable to answer.

Calls put on hold are sometimes unable to be picked back up without 30 seconds passing by.

This is all with Domestic Calling Plan in the United States. I don't know how much more "vanilla" our environment could be, but…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extreme CPU usage of Teams for Mac when using video

Teams for Mac makes the computer almost unusable when using video conference. CPU goes to 100%, teams app slows down, Mac starts fan at max speed making even worse the experience of participating in a video conference (because of the noise).

A fix is URGENT and IMPORTANT, over any other feature.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cursor jumps to the end in message input when Alt+Shift pressed

I'm from Belarus and I use two keyboard languages (russian and english). To switch language I use hotkey Alt+Shift. When I type message and switch language with hotkey then my cursor jumps to the end of message input. It happens after about 2 second, but not right when hotkey pressed

It's very critical for message editing! I move cursor to edit something and when language switched I type some symbols, but cursor jumps to the end and I type part of word in the end of message (see attached video as example)

On the video after typing I don't move…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Wiki in private channel cannot be viewed on mobile (iOS)

Inside private channels, we have created new Wiki tabs. Those are live and updating on desktop app, but they do not work on mobile (tested on iOS on 4 devices). You can navigate to Wiki, but receive the error, "it's empty in here" when trying to view it.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Loading chunk 12 failed when accessing File menu in Teams group

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base