Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wiki in private channel cannot be viewed on mobile (iOS)

Inside private channels, we have created new Wiki tabs. Those are live and updating on desktop app, but they do not work on mobile (tested on iOS on 4 devices). You can navigate to Wiki, but receive the error, "it's empty in here" when trying to view it.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometime tagging mention has not receive notification

It seems some bugs. When user mentioned by tag that sometime it has not receive notification.But its not anytime happens. just sometime

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Outlook Plugin creates meetings with wrong tenant information after tenant switch

I'm using Teams with different customer's tenants. Unfortunately, I'm not able to switch between the tenants directly (described possibility to click on the arrow next to my user’s image is not displayed), so I need to logout and sign into the different tenants manually.
    If I do so, team's outlook plugin doesn't recognize the tenant change for a while and meantime creates meetings in outlook with the tenant ID of the tenant I've been logged in before or – worse – is mixing up the invitations between different calendars (in calendar A the meeting with tenant B credentials will be…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot unsave a message from the saved list

I tried to unsave a message in the saved list, but the item won't disappear from the list. It is still on the list whenever I come back to the saved list.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams screen sharing mouse pointer not visible from Linux client

When sharing the screen from a Windows client, the mouse pointer is visible, which allows the presenter to draw attention to particular things on screen.

When sharing the screen on Linux, the mouse pointer is not visible.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams will send chat messages to mailboxes that don't have Teams

The issue is that users in our tenant are able search for and send Teams chat messages to mailboxes and users that don't have Teams. This includes shared mailboxes and users with Exchange only license. (O1) Neither of those have the ability to log into Teams.

Here is the original post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-will-send-chat-messages-to-mailboxes-that/e75381bb-617d-47cb-9894-fe111698fb77

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Answering calls from a calling queue takes several seconds and sometimes answered calls are not connected

We have one calling queue attached to an auto attendant for our company's main phone number. Our receptionist attempts to pick up calls using the Teams desktop client on Windows 10, but it often takes several seconds before the call is connected. Sometimes when attempting to answer, the caller only hears clicking and the receptionist is still unable to answer.

Calls put on hold are sometimes unable to be picked back up without 30 seconds passing by.

This is all with Domestic Calling Plan in the United States. I don't know how much more "vanilla" our environment could be, but…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams for Mac uses high performance GPU

When I look in the task manager on my MBP Teams is using the high performance GPU. I’m viewing conversations this doesn’t seem right and risks chewing up battery life.

I’d like to see better power saving performance out of this app that I have to spend a lot of time in.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. staticTabs are created automatically in manifest.json without name and contentUrl, So we could not install Bot.

When we create custom app bot using APP STUDIO, Personal tabs(about, conversations) are created automatically. Then i try to install the app, the error will occur.
    The error when i install app is as bellow.

manifest.json の読み取り中にエラーが発生しました:
    "staticTabs[0].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[0].contentUrl" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].contentUrl" は必須です

This error message say each name and contentUrl are required, but I can not edit and delete each tabs from APP STUDIO.

There was not this problem before.
    Does anyone know what is the problem in this situation?

Thanks.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams keeps changing my status to away

I need to be able to set my status to available and prevent teams from changing it to away.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer shows individual schedule under Your Shifts.

The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer show individual schedule under Your Shifts. However, my schedule is still visible under Team Shifts.
    Going to Settings > Shifts > Clear Shifts App Data did NOT correct the issue.
    Deleting the app and re-adding it did NOT correct the issue.
    If I go to Settings > Profile > View Schedule, I can see my current work schedule.
    Your Shifts was working correctly under version 2.0.10.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Live content queue doesn't work

We're running a webinar using Teams Live Event. The content queue doesn't work, you can't queue content only share one person's screen at a time.

If another user shares their screen it immediately overwrites the content being broadcast, which is not good at all!

We expect better controls. Why are producers being broadcasters as if they're presenters and not have the option of talking into presenter's ears without being broadcast? Why can't presenters have producer controls if we want them to? Why can't presenters be changed to producers on the fly? Why does a powerpoint not tie in properly with…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base