Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Personal Tab App with Azure App Service Authentication not working for some users on Teams Desktop App

We created an asp.net core webapp hosted as Azure App Service with app service authentication. In App Studio we set up a personal tab and distributed the app as enterprise app. For all users the app is working without problems in the Teams Web App, but for some users it's not working in the desktop app. If those users use the app the tab does not display anything.
    We tried to cleanup the Teams App and also re-installed the Teams Desktop App but with no success. The log in Azure shows only one entry if the user tries to connect…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. attachment

I can't find attachment button, or cant do drag and drop any pictures to microsoft team apps/ web.

I have to use my iphone device to send pictures 🤦🏻‍♂️

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams: Making web parts built with App Studio for MS Teams available in SharePoint

I'm in the process of converting several existing web parts (built in Visual Studio using the SharePoint Add-In project template) to work in Microsoft Teams. In a nutshell, there are 2 routes to accomplish this:

(1) Using SharePoint Framework (SPFx), NodeJS, Typescript, visual Studio Code and Yeoman generator, OR
    (2) Visual Studio, HTML, Javascript, AppStudio for Microsoft Teams and NGROK (for testing).

Following option (1) solves this whole issue completely, because it only involve these steps to make the app part available in both SharePoint AND Teams:
    1. Ensure that the supportedHosts config setting in <WebPart>.manifest.json has the "TeamsPersonalApp" and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams channel moderation - Adding moderators take way to long to take effect

I was added as a Teams channel moderator on a channel where channel moderation was enabled. After three hours (!) the change has still not progagated. I've restarted the client, logged out, went to teams.microsoft.com in incognito mode in a browser. Still no access to the Teams channel as a moderator. This experience is way too slow.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Everyone can access to remove from meeting to someone

Anyone is able to remove me from meeting and i can't even see who done this fix this issue plz

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Everyone can access to remove from meeting to someone

Anyone is able to remove me from meeting and i can't even see who done this fix this issue plz

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Busy on Busy does not treat inbound Desktop Shares as "calls"

In our testing, the Busy on Busy calling policy does not treat inbound desktop share "calls" as calls and does not refuse them as it is supposed to.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inconsistent "Ask to Join" within scheduled Teams meetings.

Expected Flow:

1) Host user schedules meeting in Teams and includes all parties (other @company.com users, @something.onmicrosoft.com HoloLens Remote Assist account, and any other external parties needed).
    2) Everyone joins the scheduled meeting and the Host will “ask to join” on the @something.onmicrosoft.com HoloLens Remote Assist user listed in the “others invited” section of People Pane. There is no email setup on these accounts – so we don’t have the luxury of “Join Meeting” on Remote Assist app.
    3)HoloLens user receives an incoming call and can join with video.

However - this is inconsistent. Often the HoloLens account (@something.onmicrosoft.com) is…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. emojis are changed while replying to the specific message in teams app

while replying to the specific message in teams app, emojis present in that message are changed to some other emoji

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. users in my organisation cannot load/share Whiteboard built into teams

sometimes we get a black share sceen. We may also get an error message

The whiteboard app in MS strore works, and the stand alone Whiteboard funktion i O365 portal works. We have enabled all the admin settings for the funktions and granted our users licenses.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Public live event - end user stuck on a connect loop

On a public team meeting the accees page should be change :
    1. The connect button is change to indicate that you need a team licences AND the anonymous link is promoted to a buttons and is evident
    2. As there is free team licence now, remove the requirement to have a team licence to be able to connect and allows any account to complete the authentification.

Ideally option 2 will be the best at it will allows us to know who joint or ask question. We can event have a public live event that required a authenticate account (google,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 32 bit Teams Machine-Wide Installer uses %ProgramFiles% instead of %ProgramFiles(x86)% in Run registry key

The 32 bit Team Machine-Wide Installer creates a registry key in HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run named TeamsMachineInsaller with a value of "%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default" which is incorrect. The correct path for the 32 bit version should be "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default". This manifests in this never running on startup as well as in Task Manager under Startup just showing "Program" as the name of the item.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microphone

When I download the app it is quiet. But once I start to call on Microsoft Teams (only on my laptop) my microphone somehow connects with my speakers and I hear myself constantely even after I close the app even after I delete the app!
    I've really tried everything, I even did a systeem reboot and downloaden the app again but when I started calling I heard myself again. Now I have to do the systeem reboot again, but can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what is going wrong?

Greetings,
    Renee

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mentioned people are notified every time a post is edited

When making changes to a post where you have mentioned people (@), they are notified every time a new edit has been made. If you edit your post once, they are notified once ("Daniel mentioned you"); if you edit your post multiple times to add more details, they receive the same notification multiple times.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. using touch on windows is not working

I can't use Teams with touch enabled devices on windows. Either kill touch devices for windows or provide a client capable of using touch input. Scrolling in the files tab does not work with touch for surface Book surface Go or any touch enabled device. Teams is a new product. If new Microsoft products do not use new features in windows stop selling more expensive touch devices, eliminate touch API or make a product that uses HW features described as being the future.

This Windows OS as second class citizen approach only means stop developing on windows and stop caring…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't view large rubrics on Android app

I have started using rubrics with my assignments. One that is particularly wordy cannot be viewed properly on the Android app. The top few boxes are available to see, but it is not possible to scroll down and see the entire rubric. This goes for viewing it after feedback has been given too. Can this be fixed so the pupils can scroll down through the rubric to see the whole thing?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 159 160 161 163 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base