Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel Window Sharing Does Not Work On Teams MacOS Client

When in a Teams meeting, you cannot share an Excel Window if a spreadsheet is open. If you share the Excel Window prior to opening a spreadsheet, Teams will allow the share, but as soon as you open a spreadsheet, the share stops and Teams notifies you that it cannot find the window. Others have reported this problem on the community forums. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-of-macbook-cannot-share-excel-workbook-on-screen-sharing/m-p/1187293

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video call experience on web / browser is abysmal. Pls bring up to par with app.

The video call experience in a browser is way inferior to the app. 1.) I can only see one video stream instead of the usual four. 2.) I can see video only if I'm lucky, often it just freezes or doesn't show at all. 3.) Video appears low fps compared to the app 4.) No background blur or pic options. Please bring this up to par with the app and competitive products such as Zoom and Google. Not everyone has the app - especially not these days. Guess which screenshot is which! ;-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If I sort the "Files" folders by name and then leave, and then return, the sort returns to "Modified"

I am in a Team, and then in a channel, and then in "Files". I sort by Name.
    I then leave the Channel and go to another channel ro team.
    Then I return to the original Team-Channel-Files, the files are not longer sorted by Name, but revert to "Modified - Newer to Older"

I want this to be sticky. If I sort it by name, then I have a reason to do so, and I want it to stay that way.

Knowing that this is Sharepoint, I even tried to save it as a View, and it wouldn't remain sticky.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Since MS Teams have an embedded OneNote app, I tried to use it instead of having a separate OneNote running. I found it impossible because e

Since MS Teams have a functional integration of OneNote app, I tried to use it instead of having to use separate OneNote(desktop) running.
    I found it impossible because each time I navigate to another MS Teams functions, e.g. chat,Calendar, Teams etc and then return back to OneNote App, it is rewound to the very beginning of the notebook(First Section>First Page) and I have to again manually navigate to the actual page I was editing previously.

Please fix this, as Teams Onenote integration should be fully functional OneNote and memorize the last place I visited in it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions aren't labelled with the speaker

The live captions aren't labelled with the corresponding speaker, so you can't tell who actually said the words.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams reopens after quitting intentionally

After quitting Teams intentially it automatically relaunches itself with a message saying there was a glitch. Upon quitting Teams for a second time it stays closed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams affecting Polycom CX300 functionality with Skype for Business

Currently following Microsoft's recommended upgrade path for SfB (on prem) to Teams. Have had both applications working side by side for months without affecting the functionality of the Polycom CX300 R2 with Skype for Business. Since mid-January the graphic display has stopped working on the Polycom CX300 and after investigation this is caused by Teams, CX300 will work as expected after exiting from Teams client. I understand the Polycom CX300 isn't compatible for Microsoft Teams and we are prepared for devices that may need to be replaced once Teams only but this is affecting current usage with Skype for Business…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No notifications are coming

No notifications are coming

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A visual bug in Teams during video call between Teams desktop and mobile

A visual bug exists in Teams that appears when a Teams Desktop and Teams mobile have a 1:1 video call. If mobile user is in Portrait mode, and desktop user in Landscape mode, then image is displayed by taking full width from mobile. This incidentally crops its top and bottom in mobile user video. Mobile users thinks it is fine as he sees his own video properly, but the desktop user can't see the image entirely, loosing top and bottom of the video.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Formats disappearing in Excel workbook shared in Teams

We are having issues with formats on a shared excel workbook in Teams. We create a new week by copying the previous one and pasting in a new tab. This worked fine for a while but now it loses all formatting - every font, colour, box - its very annoying! All the data is there including formulas but does anyone know how to stop this?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Phone rings, but there is no way to answer calls

The only way I know there is an incoming call is my phone "rings". No UI presents to let me answer it, in or out of teams. When the phone stopped ringing, a missed call entry is created, I can see that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't edit or delete a message in private channel

After I post a message to a private channel I cannot edit it or delete itl. The context menu does not provide an entry for edit (or delete).

I've attached two screen shots. The context menu I see on messages in every other channel or chat. It includes entries for edit and delete. The messages in private channel do not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mentioned people are notified every time a post is edited

When making changes to a post where you have mentioned people (@), they are notified every time a new edit has been made. If you edit your post once, they are notified once ("Daniel mentioned you"); if you edit your post multiple times to add more details, they receive the same notification multiple times.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Freezes

While screensharing using Teams, it often freezes the other programs such as Excel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No Search option in SharePoint list Tab

Hi Folks,

I have added a certain SharePoint lists to a Teams Tabs. Everything is ok adding these to teams but when a user access to the lists the Search option is missing. There are only availble options like New, Edit, Open in sharepoint, etc.. This forces the user to open it in a web browser so he/she can search for the desired records.

The same happens for Teams Online and Teams Desktop.

I expect you can help me with this.

Regards,

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to answer call on mobile

Call could not be answered on Galaxy S10 that was locked. The answer buttons had no effect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mobile: Sign In Causes Outlook Sign Out

Signing into Teams on Android causes the Outlook app to requiere sign in again. Then signing in with Outlook signs out of Teams. And the loop continues.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can't Upload Files in Mobile App

The Android app does not have any button or link to add/upload a file to the Files tab of a channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. All Contact Groups under Chat>Contacts are vanishing after logout and re-login

This is a very strange one and it happened to me twice. I had created a number of Groups with multiple colleagues under the Chat > Contacts tab. I had to logout from Teams and later on re-login Then I realised all Groups were gone! I re-created the Group list (which btw takes a lot of time in my case because of the number of departments/users) and last week I had to logout again and re-login today. To my surprise the Groups were once again gone!

Obviously this is a bug that needs to be fixed urgently as Teams chat…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search only searches for matching messages, but there is no way to see nearby messages in timeline.

When using search in chat history, the search only shows specific messages that match the search, but most of the time you are looking for messages that led up to or followed the message 'hit'. There is no workable way from chat search to see this other context, you have to look at date & time of hits and then scroll (forever) to the appropriate context. If either (a) you could click the time on the message and it took you to the message in the timeline, or (b) you could immediately see surrounding messages, it would be better. I…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base