Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HTML hyper link is broken with Korean letter

Hello,
    When I paste below address on chat on Teams, link is broken.
    http://bit.ly/매출마케

Only part of "http://bit.ly/'; is recorgnized. But, actual address is "http://bit.ly/매출마케팅"

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the table borders are not displayed at Teams mobile.

Hello Team, when we copy and paste the excel table at Teams mobile, but the table borders are not displayed. as you know, it works well at Teams desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group

We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group. Can you please look at allowing a user's scheduled to be sync when you are in multiple teams and groups? i.e. we have a separate Leadership Team and Sales Team, but a couple of users are in both. This means we need to manually enter our shifts for each team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My Teams window is staying on top when I click other windows in the Taskbar

My Teams window is staying on top when I click other windows in the Taskbar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meeting wouldn't hang up

Joined a meeting, i ended the meeting and pressed hang up, shows me the call has ended yet im still in the meeting. Pressed several times "hang up" and yet this function is not working. 21 hours in the meeting and still counting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Statuses are flashing after opening chats

After opening chats, status icons are white for 1-2 seconds.

Cient - Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765
    macOS - 10.14.5 (18F132)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams still thinks a chat that was started with Skype is still skype even though it's in Teams

Chat with an external user who is using Teams still says it's chatting through Skype For Business when both of our Coexistence mode = Teams only in each of our Office365 domains and we are both getting/sending messages through Teams only.

When the chat first started I was using Teams and the external user was using Skype for Business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Colored syntax in code snippets do not show on channel discussions with dark theme, but will show during edit mode or in chats.

Encountered on Windows desktop client.

Reproduction steps:
    1. Set theme to Dark
    2. Go to a channel
    3. Start a conversation with a code snippet
    4. Choose a language for the code snippet (i.e. javascript)
    5. Observe how there is colored syntax while in edit mode.
    6. Observe how there is no colored syntax once out of edit mode.

Do the same thing in a chat, and observe how colored syntax works as expected in both edit and non-edit states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Date format changing between US and English.

We have an annoying problem where the date column on a shared spreadsheet keeps changing from English to US date formats. This seems to effect different fields differently and then when changing the timezone to English in both teams and excel instead of reverting back to the date entered it changes it. Essentially it has ruined our clinical spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams mobile app on apple devices can't open planner

We are using the teams app on mobile and desktop together with another company. When using the planner function in teams, it shows the planner correctly on all desktops. For the guests in the teams (using apple phones) they can't see the planner in their planner apps, while android users can see their planner just fine. Would it be possible to fix it so that people on a guest account with an apple phone can see their planner on their mobile app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When called I hear 30 secons beeb and then 10 seconds tititititit

When called I hear 30 secons beeb and then 10 seconds tititititit. It actually takes 40 seconds before I can get to the call. This is very annoying. Could it be some wrong setting somewhere?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File with dot at the beginning has after download not a dot at the beginning

If you upload a file with a dot at the beginning in a chat, the downloaded file has this dot no more at the beginning.

Example:
    The file '.editorconfig' is uploaded in a chat. In the message the file is shown as '.editorconfig'.
    But the downloaded file is named: 'editorconfig' (without dot)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Receive email about a chat message, but it doesn't appear in the Teams App

I receive an email in my inbox, from MS Teams notifying me of a message from a coworker. When I open MS Teams to reply, the message in the email is not there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Call durations shown in Calls History are 2x or more what they really were.

A recent update to Teams included a bug that greatly exaggerates the actual duration of the calls listed in your Calls History.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ‘Open in SharePoint' link works not as expected after team creation in PowerShell

When I create a new team with the following PowerShell:
    New-Team -MailNickName "PRJ-Test11" -DisplayName "Test 11" -Visibility Private -Description "Ein TEst aus der Kommandozeile" -AllowGuestCreateUpdateChannels $false -AllowCreateUpdateChannels $false -AllowDeleteChannels $false
    The team gets successfully created and also all other artefacts like SharePoint site and Exchange mailbox. But when I select the channel “General” and click on the three dots and the link called ‘Open in SharePoint', I always gets redirected to the main tenant SharePoint communication site like https://m365x553133.sharepoint.com/. The expected behavior would be, that I see the content of the folder ‘General’ in my SharePoint document library of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unread message Icon does not disappear after reading the message

I'm using the "Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765. It was last updated on 6/23/19." on my Mac version 10.14.5
    After reading the message the icon above the "chat" does not disappear, as if the message hasn't been read. I tried selecting the "Mark as read" from "..." without success.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to access MS treams on Desktop when trying to access a different channel

I am unable to use MS teams on desktop. I get a blank window when trying to access a different channel. I am guest on the channel that i am trying to switch too. I am able to access it on the web app.
    The desktop app is crashing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notes get lost when someone else displays

I have lost my meeting notes, during a meeting twice now. I have been displaying my screen as I take notes. It seems to happen when someone else displays. When the other person takes over, they go through their presentation. When I go back to the notes, they are gone. Tonight, it seemed to revert back 30-45 minutes. A significant amount of the meeting, but it caught some of the meeting notes from earlier on. There is an autosave happening with some type of clock. But losing meeting minutes should not be possible. How do I prevent this in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. profile photo

not able to update the profile photo- w10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I am not able to add Outlook contact group as members to a Team.

I have a contact group in Oulook that I would like to add as members to a Team, but when I type the name of the group it is not showing up in the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.