Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant mark+copy/cut text in Android app?

(Using the Android app) I want to do a web search against some text that someone included in a Teams message... So I long-hold my finger in one of the words, hoping that the "normal" behavior will happen and I'll select the word and get a copy/cut/paste popup. No go. Nothing.

Hmm, how do I copy word(s) out of a message posted in Teams when i am using the Android app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option+Shift+Command+V to paste text without any formatting

It should be possible to paste text without any formatting into a chat or channel using keyboard shortcut Option+Shift+Command+V.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reactions

Reactions notification should be part of the chat. Not an activity. The user is double notified when in the chat, the extra notification in the activity section. Reactions are part of chat and should remain there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Online meeting info was NOT included in an invite from outlook

Some participants could not get their Teams client(s) to work. So I cancelled the meeting and recreated it as a Skype meeting. Where previously Skype meeting info was placed into the invite during composition now, like Teams, it is placed into the message at send time. This is unfortunate. For whatever reasons (we apparently have no access to usable logs, so my IT folks tell me) online meeting info was NOT placed into the message. Making it unusable. So my requests are: (1) place Teams|Skype info into the composition window. This ensures the user knows there is (or isn't) a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Setup for Face Recognition

When I first got this laptop, just a few weeks ago, and I started the setup, I chose the fingerprint sign in rather than the face. Now, I want to set up the face recognition, but there is no option for it. There is, however, a big red sign that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Does this have anything to do with it? Can I not sign in with fingerprint and face recognition at the same time? Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to wait for the next update?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enter (CR) terminates a message instead of inserting a carriage return. Change this!

Please make typing an "Enter" (or carriage return) in a conversation box or a reply not terminate the message! This is inconsistent with other MSFT products, but also is the single biggest point of frustration with my users. At least make this configurable! Enter should just instead a new line and allow the user to continue their message. Posting the message should be CNTL-ENTER or hitting the Send icon.

I had a whole group abandon Teams in favor or Slack because of this highly annoying issue. Please elevate this fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Profile picture quality decreases

After first change, the profile photo appears in original quality on the people page, but after moving to any other page, the quality decreases and the pic looks pixelated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The @ mention autocomplete in Teams channels is searching outside our organization. Looks like it might be global.

Individuals outside our organization are showing up in the autocomplete when we go to add an @ mention to a post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mobile App keeps crashing

Apps keep crashing on opening a certain post in teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search only searches for matching messages, but there is no way to see nearby messages in timeline.

When using search in chat history, the search only shows specific messages that match the search, but most of the time you are looking for messages that led up to or followed the message 'hit'. There is no workable way from chat search to see this other context, you have to look at date & time of hits and then scroll (forever) to the appropriate context. If either (a) you could click the time on the message and it took you to the message in the timeline, or (b) you could immediately see surrounding messages, it would be better. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Logitech webcam's zoom is reset

The zoom level set in logitech software gets reset every now and then. Mostly right after you join a meeting, sometimes at random times during the meeting. We have tested this on multiple computers and logitech cameras, only webcams from the c2xx series work properly, c5xx and c9xx reset their zoom level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that " renamed the meeting to ". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel File Preview doesn't show attached objects

We are migrating to using TEAMS instead of a shared file server. Recently I started using Excel to load all the pictures, information, and PDF's we need on specific customer orders. Everything looks okay in the file view except for the inserted OBJECT PDF.

The work around we have found is that you have to download the entire file to your local PC/Phone and it then shows the attached PDF.

Is there something we are missing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Doesn't load old conversations when you scroll up without tapping on a random one to make a few more appear

When you scroll up, it doesn't load old conversations unless you tap on a random one, and then it loads a few more. Android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. unable to switch to guests in Android mobile

I have several guests whom granted from the customers.
    but when I switched to guest account to login the customer organization, It couldn't that and it remains the status of Microsoft organization of my account.
    even though I removed and re-installed app, but it was the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams mobile app on apple devices can't open planner

We are using the teams app on mobile and desktop together with another company. When using the planner function in teams, it shows the planner correctly on all desktops. For the guests in the teams (using apple phones) they can't see the planner in their planner apps, while android users can see their planner just fine. Would it be possible to fix it so that people on a guest account with an apple phone can see their planner on their mobile app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base