Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop and Phone chats not syncing

Sent message via desktop, but answer coming through iPhone. Updates to desktop showing up much later, based on conversation on phone.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams will not allow you to sync contacts with non unique phone numbers from outlook when using it as a PBX.

Currently the teams 'calls' contacts will only sync contacts with unique phone numbers.

This means that if, like us, you are an MSP then you will have several contacts per client that have the same phone number. This limited functionality means that only 1 contact from that client will sync into teams - meaning that most contacts don't actually get brought over into teams.

I would like to see this changed, so that the phone number is set to a non unique field, allowing all contacts to sync across - even with duplicate phone numbers.

As per the screenshot -…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to switch organizations in mobile app on Android

Trying to send a message to my team and am not able to switch to main organization to do so.

After force stop and restart of the app it is possible to switch.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refreshing recent chats list (pull to refresh) doesn't update status of contacts

Refreshing the chat list doesn't update the status of contacts. E.g. someone will show up as 'Away', but when going into the chat, that person is 'Online'. When navigating back, the status for that person is updated. Cannot tell the status of a person without going into the conversation.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit Failed

Edit Failed | Can't update main post in conversation.

Does not alway occur.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am not able to access microsoft teams from my ipad, even on the browser on ipad. It tells me to open up google chrome to launch the web

I currently utilize an ipad to do most of my work. I am trying to create team schedule on ipad and I am not able to do so on the app. I tried to launch the web version of teams and was unable to do so. It recommended opening with the google chrome browser. However, I was already using the google chrome browser and it was not recognizing this. Subsequently, I am not able to work on the teams schedule in "shifts" while on my ipad.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MS Teams Crashing with New Conversation in iOS 13.1

Whenever I create a new conversation in MS Teams using iOS 13.1, the app crashes.

However, I noticed that if I start replying to an existing conversation, and then, I erase my response, the app will then allow me to post a new conversation without crashing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Teams window is about 50% darker when my desktop is running HDR mode.

BUG, BUG, BUG.. The teams windows is about 25% dimmer when running in HDR mode. Please fix this....

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meeting Notes are inaccessible to new members added after a meeting begins. Why? 6-12-19

I created a meeting for our Remote Staff and they all joined just fine. We started using the Meeting Notes feature but then I added some of the in office staff to the meeting. They can see the Meeting Notes tab after they join the meeting, but they are not able to access the Meeting Notes. This is clearly a bug.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. the hand ok sign animation has a row of pixels at the top

there is a line at the top of the ok hand emoji animation that looks a though it should be at the bottom

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Blur and the Background features are complete gone....Again!

I recently enabled the new Features in Teams and updated to Version 1.3.00.9267 (64-bit) on July 28, 2020. Now the Blur and the Background features are complete gone!

It appears to be a rehash of an issue from back in June. The Current Case is Closed: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40115269-blur-option-disappeared

I would say that it needs to addressed again. I work from home (like a lot of other people). Need the feature to blur and set a background back ASAP please!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Someone removing from meeting

Disable the remove from meeting option

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. During Meeting Organizer can Mute/ Unmute

During Meeting Organizer can Mute the attendees unable to unmute this very simple step but Developer team forget

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No notifications on iPhone of messages or incoming calls

I’m not receiving notifications on my iPhone about messages or calls, even though, notifications have been set to always notify.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. During the Teams meeting, cannot see the Chat message

Some users in our organization reported that during the Teams meeting, cannot see the Chat message

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I do not receive calls in MS-Teams for iPhone, even activated notifications of incoming calls.

I do not receive calls in MS-Teams for iPhone, even activated notifications of incoming calls.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Disabling "Members can invite" option prevents also admin members from inviting guests

Setting to OFF option "Members can invite" in Azure Active Directory > Users > User settings > External users > Manage external collaboration settings disables ALSO admin members from inviting guests, not only non-admin members as declared.
    So, this an "block all / allow all" option and there is no simple way to prevent standard members (non-admin) to invite guests.

As side effect it produce the infamous "We didn't find a match" message in the search box when you try to add a guest, mentioned by a lot of users.

Please, fix it !!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't Change Download Folder

It bothers me that you can't change the default download folder for the app. It worsens when I want to sort different teams's files. I hope they add it as an option.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug using Lobby in a meeting

if i enable lobby at a meeting and admite the entrance of a user and, after that, remove him from the meeting, he can re-enter skiping the lobby if he not close the window that he was using to take part in the meeting, but if he closed the window and try to enter again, he necessarily has to pass to the lobby.
    So, my suggestion is that the user always has to ask permission to enter the meeting if the lobby is enable (sorry for the english mistakes)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base