Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some member accounts are unable to use OneDrive. Can not share files in direct chat.

Some member accounts are unable to use OneDrive. Can not share files in direct chat. A message about the lack of OneDrive for business is displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having trouble sharing screen on OSX

Hello

I am having a problem sharing my screen with Teams client on OSX. On mission control I have couple of Desktops and when sharing occasionally the app would switch to a different Desktop. This is only happening with Teams not with Skype or any other application that I use to share my screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Desktop keeps restarting to apply update, but fails

I have the Teams app installed on my Windows 10 (64bit) machine. Today it started regularly restarting to apply an update. But it seems that it fails to do so, because even after the restart the version number stays the same (Version 1.1.00.18052 (64-Bit)).

When I check for updates in the app itself, it also tells me that a new version is available and restarts. But same issue as above.

I also tried downloading the newest version from the Microsoft Teams website, but the problem remains.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Meetings scheduled in teams are not editable. The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect.

The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect. Getting the error message: "Meeting is either cancelled or you are not a member of it."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. During chat, new messages not visible until I press "New Messages" or scroll down

When I am in a private chat with someone, each time they send me a message, the message is not shown to me. Instead, I get a button at the bottom of the feed showing that if I scroll down (or click the button) I can see the new message. I assume this functionality is intended for when I've scrolled up to look at historical messages, but it's being overeager.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Switching Tenants - primary tenant missing

When I switch to a tenant where I have Guest Access my tenant pick list doesn't include my primary tenant for my company. This is a new behavior since yesterday.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Workaround: I can get teams to work if I toggle the channel from Prod to SlimCore@SpaceTest10 and back to Prod. I have to do this each time I want to use Teams on this PC!?!?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Onedrive sort by name not working

When trying to upload a file to a channel using Onedrive "attach" option, it looks like files and folders are sorted by "last modified date" regardless of hitting "name" to sort ascending or descending by name.

This made it very difficult to browse my OneDrive for Business for the files I needed, please fix!

FYI, this was posted in the "Public" feedback area, but it is definitely a bug, so reposting. (original post - https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33178930-upload-file-from-onedrive-wrong-ordering-of-name)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A visual bug in Teams during video call between Teams desktop and mobile

A visual bug exists in Teams that appears when a Teams Desktop and Teams mobile have a 1:1 video call. If mobile user is in Portrait mode, and desktop user in Landscape mode, then image is displayed by taking full width from mobile. This incidentally crops its top and bottom in mobile user video. Mobile users thinks it is fine as he sees his own video properly, but the desktop user can't see the image entirely, loosing top and bottom of the video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am never getting notifications from any of my chats or groups

I am never getting any notifications from Teams on my Samsung Galaxy A50

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The new name for the conversations tab in Dutch seems wrong

According to https://support.office.com/nl-nl/article/wat-is-er-nieuw-in-microsoft-teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de the new name of the conversations tab in channels should be "Berichten" but it is "Posts" instead. "Posts" is not a Dutch word. "Berichten" or the former title "Gesprekken" are proper Dutch words that make much more sense for this tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't use apps with Google login

Any integration requiring Google login, say Google Analytics, can't seem to be done because Google prompts that the app is not secure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft shifts notifications are not coming through

We are not getting notifications with the shifts app in teams (iOS or Android). Requests are being missed or delayed due to this. All notifications are set to on - this is not the first time this has happened

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cpu usage after startup

the teams desktop client starts using 24% cpu (of quad core) a few minutes after startup if I dont open the app's window. I.e. when it launches automatically on startup in the background.
    After opening teams from notification area, the cpu usage stops.

technical:
    I have created a stack trace using process explorer
    the issue seems to be a loop somewhere in stackframe on line 8, as everithing below it was the same on multiple smapshots.
    the last common frame after opening the window is on line 31.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Call ringtone can't be muted on Android client

Calls received via the Android app will ring regardless of my volume settings, even on Do Not Disturb mode. There's no settings within Teams that allows me to disable the ringtone for vibration only. This is an issue because it will ring anytime of the day until I pick up or another user picks up or it goes to voicemail. On normal calls, you can simply press the lock button to silence the ringer, but Teams ignores that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The app stops syncing at random times

The app stops receiving and sending chat messages. Just whenever. And once this happens the only way to get it to work again is to restart the phone. Unacceptable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meeting invite fonts. Options to customize the format

The font for a meeting invite is pretty small and difficult to read in a mobile. Any chance to be able to customize those settings would be great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hanging the handset while a call is on hold ends the call

Once a call is on hold, hanging up the handset should not end the call. This behavior also occurs when transferring a call - hanging up the handset while in the transfer menu should not end the call.

Pickup up the handset while a call is on hold should resume the call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dynamics 365

When we login to Office 365 and use our Dynamics 365 'Web' App we can easily qualify a lead by clicking the "Qualify" link.

We use Microsoft Teams (MacOS app) and have embedded the Dynamics 365 App. However, we are unable to qualify a lead due to the Dynamics 365 command bar not being rendered.

Please see attached. I'm sure this must be a bug not a feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 10 12 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base