Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Downloads possible from Teams Web App when supposedly blocked by Conditional Access session controls

We have been testing Conditional Access Sessions Controls, and there is a workaround that allows users to download some types of file. For instance, when editing an Word document through the Teams web app, the File > Save As > 'Download as PDF' and 'Download as ODT' options allow you to download files and in effect work round the controls.
    Trying the exact same thing when editing natively in Word web app (i.e. direct in SharePoint) is blocked successfully, so looks to be a Teams/CASC specific bug.
    I have tested in PowerPoint also and the equivalent options (Download as PDF/ODT)…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video call experience on web / browser is abysmal. Pls bring up to par with app.

The video call experience in a browser is way inferior to the app. 1.) I can only see one video stream instead of the usual four. 2.) I can see video only if I'm lucky, often it just freezes or doesn't show at all. 3.) Video appears low fps compared to the app 4.) No background blur or pic options. Please bring this up to par with the app and competitive products such as Zoom and Google. Not everyone has the app - especially not these days. Guess which screenshot is which! ;-)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. problem with re-logging

When logging out of the site and logging in again, the dark theme is reset to the default one

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop telling me to use the app!

Every time I open a link from an email to "reply in teams" etc it brings me to a screen that tells me to download the app with no other options. I don't want the app, just let me view the thing I clicked on!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I don´t hear others - they can hear me. Manjaro, Chromium, correct Audio settings

I do not hear audio.
    The others can hear me.
    I use Manjaro - and the Web-App on Chromium. Since Firefox isn´t supported, I could not test.
    Audio settings are correct.
    Loudspeakers work normally - on system test, while watching Youtube...
    One time it worked - once I unplugged the 2. Screen. Even though the Screen had no AudioOutput.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft teams web stuck in redirect loop (after successful login)

This only seam to happen in Linux.
    I've tried flushing the cache, manually deleting local-storage, cookies etc.
    Started in a new incognito windows, rebooted the machine just to be sure.

Every now and then, after a successful login on our company sites single sign-on portal, I get redirected to teams as expected - but I get stuck in a redirect-loop/login-loop.

Here's a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/Py-gmHw4CfM

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Joined with Chrome to a meeting and could only see one person's video

This is first time I tried browser version of Teams, I was using Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) in Windows 10 Pro. All others where using Windows Teams app. One of our team members started a meeting and people started joining. I could only see video from person who started that meeting and others could see my video. I hovered over users video icon that I couldn't see and it said "video is not supported in your browser yet".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams stuck "initialization" in Edge

Teams seems to really struggle on the Edge browser, especially if you increase your security to not like 3rd Party cookies. For some reason, Teams seems to really want to use those ... but it doesn't need them because it can work for a while and then dies. I'm not sure if the latest issue is related or not.

Today, with Teams loaded in Edge, the page will go while and say that it's "initializing" in the tab. Sometimes it recovers. Often, it does not and I have kill the tab and Control+F5 to get it to come back for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chromium Linux video calling incorrectly unsupported

According to this web page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#browsers), Chrome and Chromium-based Edge are fully supported for video calls and screen sharing. Yet when trying to join a meeting on Linux with the Chromium browser (which has the same user agent as Chrome) I get the message "This feature isn’t available yet for your browser. Try the web app with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or switch to the desktop app." Manually setting the user agent to the Windows version of Chrome rather than the Linux version used as default allows me to join the meeting with audio and video.

Please…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. web video does not work after presenter stops sharing

1) Presenter enables screen sharing.
    2) Presenter stops sharing
    3) Presenter starts sharing screen again (but video here does not work unless reload page and rejoin meeting)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Meeting option disappears for shared calendars

The Teams meeting slider button is available when I create a meeting on my personal calendar (by selecting a date/time on the calendar and typing the name of the meeting), but as soon as I change the meeting to a shared calendar (using the drop down calendar selection) the button disappears and I can no longer create the Teams meeting.
    Our work-around is to begin the meeting on our personal calendar and turn on the teams meeting option, before selecting the shared calendar.
    But this causes major confusion for users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. contact groups in Teams online different than the desktop app

I created a new contact group and have remaned all gropus in the desktop app.
    I can see the changings in the Android app. But the web app ( https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/conversations) has still the old group names and the new group is missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the test call option available in web version

The test call in the device option is not available in the web version of teams. Especially the lack of the test call makes testing if everything works as expected difficult.
    Please make it available in the web version too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. chromebook webapp crashing

When opening the Teams webapp on chromebook it will load first and then crash completely. I get no more response. Plus the browser is not able to connect to the internet any more. I will have to reboot the device before it is working again until next try of opening teams webapp.

This happend a couple of weeks ago. Then with some new built it worked. Now I guess with the recent update of chrome os it happens again.

(chrome os version 78.0.3904.92 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit))
    Asus C302C

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams won't load in chromium based browsers

Teams won't load in Chromium based browsers such as Google Chrome or Brave on Linux, might be the same on Windows.

It will load very happily in Firefox though.

This has only started happening in the last couple of weeks.

Console output attached

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Google Chrome displays popup "Try a different browser" when trying to make a call

I tried to make a call with "Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) in Windows 10 Pro" by clicking phone icon from one persons chat.

I'm getting popup that says

Try a different browser
    This feature isn't available yet for your browser. Try the web app with
    Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or switch to the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot use Safari even after disabling Intelligent Tracking Protection

I've tried to use Safari 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) (macOS 10.14.4) to access the Teams web app all to avoid an issue with OAuth not working due to the ancient embedded chromium browser in the desktop version of Teams. (GitHub does not support the old version and is disabling OAuth authorizations using the embedded browser with a scary banner.)

So, annoying, but okay, I'll use the web app to get around this issue. Except the Safari preview requires that I disable Intelligent Tracking Prevention in the browser, globally. Grrrr.... Fine. Take my privacy, I just need my GitHub plugin authorized.

Except, even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BLUETOOTH CRASHES AND NO GALLERY VIEW

Microsoft teams is the worst video application we use - and we've tried many.
    The desktop version allows gallery view but causes the bluetooth connection to crash every time.
    We therefore moved to the browser version. Although it takes ages to log in each time, at least bluetooth is stable. However, it's only possible to see one other person at a time.
    What a load of rubbish. Thank goodness for Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, Google, Free Conference Call and the others. We use these in preference to Teams every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base