Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Together mode participant videos are reversed (compared to gallery mode)

Hadn't noticed this until someone had some text in front of them - but participant video in Together mode appears to be reversed, when compared with their video in gallery mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Location of close button on pictures in chat leads to closing meeting

When you open up a picture from chat in full screen, the button to close the chat is immediately above the button to leave the meeting. If you double click on the close button, it closes the picture and the closes you out of the meeting. This happened to me twice last week.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams app loading screen is flawed in dark mode.

When I open the Teams app on my phone while it's in dark mode the loading screen of the app shows the Microsoft and Teams logo with a white background while the rest of the screen is black.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tooltip message incorrect for links in PDFs

When hovering over links in a PDF file, the words "Ctrl+Click to follow link" do not appear, unlike hovering over a link in a .DOCX document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. List conversation in reverse order

Conversations should be listed in reverse order with the newest on top. It takes forever to scroll through long lists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. shifts move team member

In shifts - I order the group members in a specific order - but once I leave & return the order returns to some other default - likely the order of how members were added to the group.

Once I save an order - it should be retained

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Settings surveys vaue not saved

The settings for Survey (enabled/disabled) is not saved. I turn off surveys , exit from Teams, go back into teams and surveys is disabled.

A week later, Teams has surveys enabled again.

This is on the same computer and I did not reinstall Teams during the time period.

This has happened to multiple other settings for me - notifications, color theme, and more.

Does this saving and keeping the settings value actually get tested or is Teams always going to be low-quality and tested by end users?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't access my remote desktop connection bar while sharing my screen

The Teams control bar is displayed above the remote desktop connection bar when I share my screen. I have to stop sharing to access the rdp connection bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right clicking on Teams taskbar icon does not have context menu functionality

Adding a context menu when right-clicking on Teams would significantly reduce the number of clicks required to access documents and files within a Teams Channel. Currently, the only options are 'Available', 'New Chat', 'Settings', 'Sign Out', and 'Quit'. Please add the ability to pin Teams Channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen sharing causes rapid and un-necessary firing of paint events and causes considerable flicker on the sharing W10 PC

We develop software and have noticed that a relatively high percentage of applications flicker on the sharing W10 PC when shared.

This happens for example with some Windows settings, web browsers, and so on.

It does not happen on some apps.

It did not happen on a C# .NET video selected frame displaying app of ours.

It does it on other non .NET apps of ours where we are doing complex graphics.

In all cases the images are static and not changing the screen content. Web browser displays can be dynamic - but it does it even when not.

It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Floating Bar When Creating Teams Meeting

When creating a MS Teams meeting from within Teams, there was a floating bar that appeared when the create new meeting was opened. It was over the title bar and at first I didnt know it was there except when I started typing the title of the meeting and it didnt show the entire text because of the floating bar on top. See image ending in "33". I was able to move that floating bar out of the way but not it shows in the same place everytime I create a new meeting. See image ending in "54". The floating…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cursor should be in "Add to contacts" field in dialogue when option is selected

When I click "Add to contacts", the dialogue box appears but my cursor does not automatically go to the single field displayed. I have to click on the field to get there. It is a very annoying second step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Assignment "Return" button is grayed-out for forms quiz

There's a bug when trying to return Forms Quiz feedback via Teams for some (but not all) students in a class.

After some students completed an assignment that included a Forms Quiz, I hit the [Return] button to share my feedback with them promptly.

Now that [Return] button is grayed-out, however, so there doesn't seem to be any way to return the feedback and scores to any of the other students in the class.

This could be resolved by allowing the teacher to continue to Return additional assignments after feedback is given to some students.

I understand why teachers might…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change notification close icon tooltip!

I've noticed many times and felt like mentioning, the tooltip for the close notification icon reads something like what I've attached in the screenshot.
    Not really an issue but why not change the tooltip to just 'close' or something like that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Public live event - end user stuck on a connect loop

On a public team meeting the accees page should be change :
    1. The connect button is change to indicate that you need a team licences AND the anonymous link is promoted to a buttons and is evident
    2. As there is free team licence now, remove the requirement to have a team licence to be able to connect and allows any account to complete the authentification.

Ideally option 2 will be the best at it will allows us to know who joint or ask question. We can event have a public live event that required a authenticate account (google,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Public live event - end user stuck on a connect loop

On a public team meeting the accees page should be change :
    1. The connect button is change to indicate that you need a team licences AND the anonymous link is promoted to a buttons and is evident
    2. As there is free team licence now, remove the requirement to have a team licence to be able to connect and allows any account to complete the authentification.

Ideally option 2 will be the best at it will allows us to know who joint or ask question. We can event have a public live event that required a authenticate account (google,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Inconsistency: In web version of Teams app launcher it cannot open app in new tab

Using the web version of 365 apps. In Outlook the app launcher allows you to right-click open an app in a new tab; but in Teams there is no such option. Being able to open to a new tab is very useful. Can all the 365 apps be consistent with that?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The UI does not allow me to see all contact while in a chat easily. I am also unable to "pop out" a chat in order to have multiple chat se

Add the ability to "pop out" a chat so that multiple separate chats can occur at once.
    Add the ability to change the UI to allow chat text to be linear rather than on different sides

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base