Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot sort contacts by status.

Allow users to sort the contacts in chat, the same way you can in Skype for Business - by Groups/Teams, Status, Relationships, New - and perhaps add the Recent and Suggested as tabs there as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams will show white block on top bar

Teams shows white bar on top when on screen 2 unable to minimise or shrink to window

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. profile photo

not able to update the profile photo- w10

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zoom out - hidden channels no longer accessible

On the Windows desktop app when you use Ctrl+-/Zoom under Profile pic menu/mouse scroll wheel to zoom out (smaller text size), it is no longer possible to access the hidden channels in a Team. Clicking on the 'Hidden channels' under each Team results in now UI response. Even when you reset the zoom using Ctrl++or the Reset Zoom icon under the Profile Pic>Zoom menu, the hidden channels remain inaccessible. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the app completely. I have tested this with multiple users to verify, but have not tried in the Mac desktop app.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android app keyboard space is permanently active

Keyboard space on Android app marked with ? In the attached IMG should collapse when keyboard is inactive.

This issue occurs on app launch and continues to persist after typing on the keyboard. No action seems to resolve this and the space remains active with either an active keyboard during typing or empty space when keyboard is inactive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can’t upload a profile photo

Can’t upload a photo

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On iOS splash screen is a blinding white even when dark mode is selected.

Would be nice if the splash screen was black so it doesn’t blind you for a few seconds when you open Teams at night when dark mode is on :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Captions are falling off the screen

Using the closed captions feature the text is often printing with 50% of the last line off the bottom of the screen, it doesn't seem to matter if teams if running in Window or maximised

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dark Mode Shifts

Shifts app does not display in dark mode when enabled.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guest names have double quotes and backslashes around their names, their initials are missing

It started this monday in Teams application on Windows, in Czech locale. Guest names ("Host" in the Czech language) are enclosed in double quotes and with backslashes. For that affected users (most of them, maybe all), there are also missing initial letters of their name (e.g. instead of "JB" for Joe Black, there is only an icon of the user).

It seems that double quotes are replaced with backslashes and next double quotes on next login and it is growing. After few days, the name may completely hide in double quotes and backslashes.

Please analyze and try fix: - why…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. splash screen is white even when dark mode is enabled

It's inconsistent with the rest of the dark theme and it's a very bright screen.
    Occurs on both Android and iOS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tool bar does not auto-hide during video calls.

The tool bar appears when I move my mouse into the Teams video call window. However it does not disappear automatically even if I move the mouse out of the window. This obscures part of the screen and in particular hides information the presenter is attempting to show. This results in a lot of interruptions with participants asking the presenter to scroll up so that the information can be seen. It also gets in the way of screenshots.
    The auto-hide tool bar is not reliable, and it stays on the screen too long or does not hide itself at all…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MS team invite is getting attached at bottom of the mail when replying through meeting schedule. if its ongoing mail chain multiple such inv

I am using MS team, whenever I send MS team Calendar invite while replying a mail with calendar and choosing MS teams, invite is getting attached at bottom of the mail when replying through meeting schedule. if its ongoing mail chain, multiple such invite gets collected at last and create confusion among attendees. Kindly work to attach the meeting link at start of the schedule mail. Tons of confusion in attendees.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom background preview is mirrored but main display is not

When I was designing some custom backgrounds, I found that the images in the preview pane are mirrored but the main display is not. This was not discovered until I actually used the background which appeared normal in preview but was backwards for the viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is not enough room on the title bar to drag the window when using split screen or monitors in portrait mode

The available click / drag area is about 1/8 of an inch. See RED highlight on attached image. There should always be a 1-2 inch drag handle in the title bar, or better yet, GET THE SEARCH BOX OUT OF THE TITLE BAR. Let windows handle the window management things. At least Visual Studio's cramming of the menu in the title bar complies with my OS visibility settings, and can be turned off.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screen sharing control bar moves after clicking certain icons on it

When viewing a shared screen, clicking the "show conversation" or "show participants" icons causes the control bar to move left by several inches in order to accommodate the newly opened sidebar.

I've accidentally requested control in several meetings when trying to quickly view the chat because of this, as when the sidebar is opened, the "request control" button moves exactly where the "show conversation" and "show participants" icons had previously been.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams UI Issue in half screen mode: Teams pane is hiding tabs in halft screen mode

When I use teams in half screen mode along with other applications for the multitasking purpose, The teams pane in the application hides the portion of the current working tab. It makes hard to use teams in half screen mode along with other application and restrict my productivity.
    There should be an option for hiding teams list pane for better usablity.

Also when I resize the teams application size, my application doesn't change the size according to the teams application. Instead of this it appears scroll bar for that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shifts - Export date fields don't respect date/time format of timezone

When using the export schedule & export shifts functions, the date fields are still in US date format and not in the format of the "Team time zone" chosen in Settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I copy and paste the google search text in the teams excel sheet the font size dropdown lists is not displaying properly

When I copy and paste the google search text in the teams excel sheet the font size dropdown lists is not displaying properly ex : 11 displayed as 11.5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Spelling mistake in error on Teams Admin Centre

I loaded the Teams Admin interface (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com) from a slow internet connection and it was unable to load most of the data on the site.

An error was displaied and it contains a spelling mistake in the error.

"We can't get details of ehr usage."

Loaded site 2021/02/10 around 12:30 AEDT

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base