Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigation in Files is not useable, brings you to Channels root folder all the time

belongs to "Files"
    Teams Desktop App

when you are navigating files after certain actions or navigation you end of in the root directory.

expected behaviour:
    1. actions should keep you in the same directory where you started
    see also https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/39285601-file-navigation-resets-upon-upload

1. going back should give you access to the parent folder instead of root folder

Currently the navigation (UX) in Files is not useable. The only way to get along it subscribing th Files via Sync to Onedrive and use Windows Explorer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't hide the users on the bottom of a teams meeting window.

Have an option to hide the people on the bottom of a teams meeting window. It's a big waste of space. If we need to know who's talking there is plenty of room on the top bar next to the clock to list the speakers name. Skype had this and it was very important to those of us who aren't on huge high resolution screens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Mute Participant" is perilously close to "Pin" and can too easily be clicked mistakenly

"Mute Participant" is a potentially destructive action that can silence someone who has the floor. Worse, the option is available to virtually anyone in the meeting, even otherwise passive participants without any administrative authority.

"Pin" is a convenient option that can display a speaker into the primary field of view, and this is a feature that many people may interact with often.

However, these two options are located perilously close to one another in the popup that opens with a left-click to a participant's avatar. This proximity is even more dangerous when these options are accessed via a trackpad rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I set my status to "Off work", it shows "Away"

I have tried setting my status to "available", "busy", "DND", "away", "be right back", and "off work". All of them were applied and they worked properly, EXCEPT the "off work" one. Whenever I set my status to "off work", it shows "Away" and doesn't shows "off work" in the menu. Rest of them are fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User list display bug

Windows 10. Screen is a 40" 4K TV connected via HDMI to a Surface2 docking station.

When teams is full screen on a 4K display, there is a user display bug. See attached picture. Going to chat and then back to user display refreshes the user list and the bug goes away.

There are approximately 45 users in the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Feature Request - Sound Scheme

As a Teams user, given that I am working from home with my wife, also a Teams user, I want to be able to select a different sound scheme so that we know which Teams just alerted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't move video thumbnails to top of screen

As a senior user experience (ex-Microsoft) professional, I can't believe that Teams doesn't allow pinning the video thumbnails to the top of the screen, near my webcam. Because they're at the bottom of my screen, which is large, people mostly see the top of my head. It's not very professional. Your biggest competitor, Zoom, has allowed this feature for a long time now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I found a bug.. Not actually a bug but a UI change that should be made. The label for close button is cn_close_2 when hovered on it.

The label for close button in the receiving call window is showing "cnclose2" when hovered on it. It might be done in a hurry. Correct it for your good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot copy email of a person from his card

in the meeting participant list I can press a button right to participant's name to copy email to a clipboard. But there is no the same button at the regular list of persons in other modes/views like chat mode to copy the email from contact card

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams form resets everytime someone else gives a poll

The Teams form resets everytime someone gives a poll and it's really irritating to try giving a poll again and again due to the fact that we don't even get an acknowledgement on filling the form. So, we can't ever know for sure that we've filled it or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With the latest update, PIN is not working from the participants list

With the most recent update of Teams, I can no longer PIN someone directly from the Participants list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Annoying Thumbnail on the Video

Dear sir/madam, 

I am facing a big issue in Microsoft Teams, that is annoying thumbnail on the video screen continuously showing on the screen while watching the video. I am attached the screen shot also.

Please do something as quickly as possible in new update and hide it, i am tired. 

In Meet there is a very good facility to hide it by swapping down, but in Teams i cant and its really makes me tired and hide many content behind it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Minimize to its smallest form- cuts off my conversation

I have a vertical 24” monitor and thus width space is at a premium. When I make my Microsoft Teams as small as possible in height and width, my conversation in chat is cut off and not able to see chat with you.

I want this to act like Skype and you all fall short of that. The left pane I want pinned and I see all the people I can chat with. I don’t want to have to go search. I’d rather it stay on most recent pane but I keep losing that place especially when I try to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Minimize to its smallest form- cuts off my conversation

I have a vertical 24” monitor and thus width space is at a premium. When I make my Microsoft Teams as small as possible in height and width, my conversation in chat is cut off and not able to see chat with you.

I want this to act like Skype and you all fall short of that. The left pane I want pinned and I see all the people I can chat with. I don’t want to have to go search. I’d rather it stay on most recent pane but I keep losing that place especially when I try to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve post vs thread reply interface

Currently it is too easy to confuse the portions of the interface that are for creating a new post within a channel, versus replying to a prior post. Making these more visually differentiated would improve the general organization of dialog within the channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ERROR in Interface Design

Attached photo has the issue which is of design showing html text written instead of the button itself on top left. pl look into this matter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. leave meeting dropdown

when i start a meeting, the dropdown of the leave meeting doesn't appear until i do any other action over the meeting window

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MTR missing controls when mtr account has long display name

As of Teams Room version 4.5.35 if the display name for the account of the room is exceeding 120+ characters, the call, join, leave and other controls will be shifted off screen, and are inaccessible causing the room to be inoperable for users unless a device reboot is preformed. After the meeting, the device will have to be rebooted again as the controls will shift off screen, users will also be unable to leave any ongoing meetings from the interface.

Hardware: Logitech Tap, Intel NUC.

Fix: reduce the display name of the mtr account. But preferably restore to how it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. shifts move team member

In shifts - I order the group members in a specific order - but once I leave & return the order returns to some other default - likely the order of how members were added to the group.

Once I save an order - it should be retained

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base