Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Loading chunk 12 failed when accessing File menu in Teams group

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. missing private channel owner

My last private channel owner was remove from the group by accident
    then, the private channel become no owner, no one can manage it

the owner was removed as I leave the plan of the group

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Renaming a channel isn't applied to all areas that the channel name is used.

Original Name: "Test Renaming"
    New Name: "Test Renaming1"

Areas that the old channel name continues to appear.
    - Under the Files tab
    - The backend folder of the channel
    - The url used for "Open in SharePoint"

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Channel Notifications still notifying on muted channels

I have a large(ish) Team of 172 members and have at least a dozen instances of people telling me that they are getting notifications of new posts even though they have the channel notifications turned off or even have the channel itself hidden. I have verified that they have their notifications set to Off for "All new posts" and/or that they do indeed have the channel(s) hidden. They still get banner and Activity Feed notifications whenever there is a new post, even without any mentions at all.

I have provided a couple of screenshots to demonstrate. One is of the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Renaming a channel does not take effect in the Files section

If a channel are renamed from X to Y and you go into the Files section the the title that are shown is still X and not Y.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We would like to have a popup with consent for agreeing on a recorded Teams call.

We are having Teams recording enabled for all users and with a consent note to be read by host, we were requested if there is a pop up consent option to participants to agree before joining the call what is set to record session. Please let me know how to achieve this and can be added to priority of backlog list.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Issue with new Private Channel creating new site collection in a different managed path than the original team instead of a folder

My organisation have a governance rule that all Microsoft Teams are created in the Teams managed path however the new private channels are not created as a folder but a new sitecollection which is created in the Sites managed path. Is there any chance for the team to place an option in the teams policy for Microsoft Teams channels to be created in the Teams managed path?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Link not supported" error in IOS Teams app

The Teams links in email automatically generated by Teams (...sharing request emails for example) yield an error message in the IOS Teams App:

"Link not supported. You can't open this link on the mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app."

User impact: users cannot process Teams access requests on their IOS devices.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams Admin - Failed to add owner to member roster

There is a significant bug on the Teams Admin portal.

For every team we have, it is showing random students as OWNERS of the teams and those who are actually teachers as MEMBERS.

When using the Team client it reflects the teachers and students accurately.

Although now it has led to causing an issue where we cannot use the admin to make other staff owners and changing people to members as it picks up the wrong user completely.

E.G. adding myself to a team and making myself owner would add me to the team, and make a completely random student…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guest Screen Sharing

Guests don't seem to be able to screen share during video meetings. The share icon on the screen is grayed out for the guest.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Available/Away status not functioning correctly. Even though I'm active on PC (available) it toggle my status to away. This is wrong!

When User is active on the PC/device they are available (unless in a meeting or manually set to busy). Away status should only change when user is no longer available, i.e. not active on the PC (for configurable time - perhaps 30 minutes) - or based on Monitor/screen/display timeout or system sleep.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Formats disappearing in Excel workbook shared in Teams

We are having issues with formats on a shared excel workbook in Teams. We create a new week by copying the previous one and pasting in a new tab. This worked fine for a while but now it loses all formatting - every font, colour, box - its very annoying! All the data is there including formulas but does anyone know how to stop this?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Private channel members cannot access files

I created a private channel and added a spreadsheet to the files section. However the channel members that I invited cannot access the files. How do we fix this?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Forms in Teams

I cannot use the forms in the "Group forms" option to generate a Task in Teams. Not listed

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Indicate in MS Teams who kicks out other members from meetings

Currently members of MS Teams meetings can be kicked out by other members without leaving any traces. This can easily be abused.

Information who kicked out a member should be sent to the kicked out member and the MS Teams meeting so that this event is transparent to all meeting members.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base