Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue with new Private Channel creating new site collection in a different managed path than the original team instead of a folder

My organisation have a governance rule that all Microsoft Teams are created in the Teams managed path however the new private channels are not created as a folder but a new sitecollection which is created in the Sites managed path. Is there any chance for the team to place an option in the teams policy for Microsoft Teams channels to be created in the Teams managed path?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Renaming a channel does not take effect in the Files section

If a channel are renamed from X to Y and you go into the Files section the the title that are shown is still X and not Y.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guest Screen Sharing

Guests don't seem to be able to screen share during video meetings. The share icon on the screen is grayed out for the guest.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Admin - Failed to add owner to member roster

There is a significant bug on the Teams Admin portal.

For every team we have, it is showing random students as OWNERS of the teams and those who are actually teachers as MEMBERS.

When using the Team client it reflects the teachers and students accurately.

Although now it has led to causing an issue where we cannot use the admin to make other staff owners and changing people to members as it picks up the wrong user completely.

E.G. adding myself to a team and making myself owner would add me to the team, and make a completely random student…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Link not supported" error in IOS Teams app

The Teams links in email automatically generated by Teams (...sharing request emails for example) yield an error message in the IOS Teams App:

"Link not supported. You can't open this link on the mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app."

User impact: users cannot process Teams access requests on their IOS devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested.

Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested. For example, when demoting an owner to member, kicks out the user from the Team. Sometimes when doing changes to a member, it kicks out another member from the team.

Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Private channel members cannot access files

I created a private channel and added a spreadsheet to the files section. However the channel members that I invited cannot access the files. How do we fix this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams owner added as member from Teams creation tab

If you create a team and try to set a new owner directly from the Team Creation tab that user is added only as member even though in Admin Center it shows as owner. To work around the issue you have to make that user a member and then a owner again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We can't rename any channels.

Whenever we rename a Chanel, a new empty folder with the new name is created and the old one can only be accessed via the file explorer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Renaming a channel isn't applied to all areas that the channel name is used.

Original Name: "Test Renaming"
    New Name: "Test Renaming1"

Areas that the old channel name continues to appear.
    - Under the Files tab
    - The backend folder of the channel
    - The url used for "Open in SharePoint"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams conversations have disappeared

I have two accounts on Teams and I can switch from one to another. After using one for some time and changing back to the other, all conversations of the other had disappeared. Only channels are visible, but not the contents. How can I get the conversations back?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. channels disappear

After playing around for a day or so with Teams, I decided to try and convince my office to switch from Slack. My first demonstration of creating channels (after creating multiple ones yesterday) failed as they would disappear immediately after being created. This is in the desktop and web apps in Windows and on Mac. Logging out and back in does not solve the problem. Needless to say, this failure of a demonstration is forcing us to continue using Slack. Maybe we will try again next year.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Meetings scheduled in teams are not editable. The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect.

The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect. Getting the error message: "Meeting is either cancelled or you are not a member of it."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to @Mention Private Channels

As a team owner I'd like to be able to @Mention a private channel in a public channel to be able to send the same message to multiple groups at the same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams app class materials

The class materials folder is not visible in the teams app. This is crazy given that most of the files you wish to view through the app are likely to be in this folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Private channels in Teams are not visible in File Explorer

I'm syncing my Teams files with OneDrive so that I can open them from the File Explorer on my PC. However, these new Private channels don't show up in the File explorer nor can I move files from a public channel to the new private channel I created within the Team.

Thus, it's only possible to create new files from a Team but no way to neither move a file from OneDrive or the PC to the private channel nor from a channel to the private channel. This makes it almost impossible to move over to using the private channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User leaves MS Team when they leave plan

When I leave a Planner plan within a channel in my team, I am removed from the team as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base