Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apps like Planner not available in private channel

Planner app works perfectly fine in standard channels of a Team. However, in any private channel (members are subset of Team), adding a new tab does not give option to add Planner app. There are many instances when a sub-team will be working on a special project and corresponding private channel will need its own planner.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to add calendar/meetings to Outlook from SharePoint Tab in Teams App

When you click on Add a meeting button in a group calendar it does not take any action using the Teams desktop app. However, the option works in the SharePoint and Teams Online.

More Details: It happens when you add a SharePoint page as a Tab in the Teams App and have a Group Calendar web part.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't record audio in OneNote

When trying to record a audio in a onenote tab in Teams on any client either windows or mac, the following error is received:

Can't Record Audio: your browser is blocking access to the microphone. Click the lock icon in your browsers address bar and check your permissions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Search option in SharePoint list Tab

Hi Folks,

I have added a certain SharePoint lists to a Teams Tabs. Everything is ok adding these to teams but when a user access to the lists the Search option is missing. There are only availble options like New, Edit, Open in sharepoint, etc.. This forces the user to open it in a web browser so he/she can search for the desired records.

The same happens for Teams Online and Teams Desktop.

I expect you can help me with this.

Regards,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can't use apps with Google login

Any integration requiring Google login, say Google Analytics, can't seem to be done because Google prompts that the app is not secure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shifts as standalone app/tab in Teams (or splitscreen)

It would be great if Shifts could either be opened as a standalone application, or split screen with the Conversations. As I am coordinating schedules for multiple (50+) individuals I am constantly flipping between the conversation regarding their issues or concerns with their schedules and Shifts App which is highly inefficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Onenote tab doesn't work in my desktop version of Teams.

The Onenote tab in the desktop version of Teams doesn't work. When I click it, the space below stays completely blank without any feedback. There is no error code, missing link or similar - just a white page. The tab first worked for two weeks and then suddenly stopped working. The same tab however still works perfectly in the online app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error when adding tabs to any channel

Error when adding tabs to any channel, the error just says something went wrong

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Ghost" plans created by Planner / MS Teams

I have created a couple of Planner tabs in MS Teams (for the same team). Each Planner tab is link to a different plan; all of the plans have a different name from the team's name.

But in Planner Hub (and when I try to move a task to another Planner tab) I see a significant (and ever increasing) number of empty ("ghost") plans with the same name as the team's name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OneNote Notebook in a private channel not showing sections

When you create a regular Notebook within a private channel, it prompts you to add sections to the Notebook. You are unable to see the sections in the Notebook unless you open it in the browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. One Note tab in teams is not displaying

I go to teams (desktop or webclient, chrome or firefox), click on a team, it has a tab with a onenote notebook in it. Actually we have several. 2 are working fine. 2 are broken and I get a grey screen trying to open them.

Opening them from the webclient also does not work. I see 2 calls failing in the network panel:

ww.onenote.com webappembedsdk.js - 500 error
    https://teams.microsoft.com/api/mt/amer/beta/users/apps/activity/com.microsoft.teamspace.tab.notes/ - 412 precondition failed

This is really unacceptable, they contain important information and it's basically preventing me from doing my job.

My coworkers can still see both tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power BI Displaying Different language on Teams

I've published a Power BI Tab on a group.
    The language displayed on the Report inside the teams is differente of the language used by the Teams itself ( we use here Portuguese - BR but the report is displaying English- US) also the numbers formats are different.

How can I change the Power BI language inside a Teams Tab?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Tab (WebSite) to SiteContents brings error

I wanted to work in teams on a new tab (WebSite) and integrate the view of SharePoint site content with a link: https://.... /_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=14 (I also tested several others).
    I get the following message here: „This site won’t load in our web app“
    Is there any idea, why this happened? Thk's for reply! Best, Rolf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Desktop App won't load ASP.NET Core + Angular app with windows authentication WebSite Tab

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET Core + Angular App published with windows authentication, and have been trying to load it in a Teams WebSite Tab, when I click it authentication popup appears, my index.html page is loaded and shown but all other scripts included by this file example: <script src="sample.js"> fail to load reporting a 401 on the server logs.

Why is authentication succeeding on the index.html and failing on the remaining site files. My site works well when called standalone in a browser, IE or Edge or Chrome and everything works fine when accessing teams through the Teams webapp,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Glossary tab not showing

Glossary tab isn't showing for one of our colleages, either on Windows desktop app, or in Chrome.

Everyone else can see the tab successfully. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After uninstalling connectors they keep sending messages!

When I uninstall a connector from a team, it keep sending messages. I want connectors to stop all activity (and remove data) after uninstalling them!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 'Make this a tab' on a Visio file does not work

Visio Online and Visio files work well in Teams files and conversations. When I try to 'Make this a tab', nothing happens, and a tab is NOT created. It fails in both the Files library as well as a Visio file inline in a conversation. I realize there is no Visio entry in the "Add a tab" dialog, but since the viewing of Visio files works well when you click on the file, why not support adding it as a tab?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OneNote tab functionality errors: browse and paste

I'm trying to add an existing OneNote to a tab. I've tried both the browse for existing OneNote book and pasting in the link and I'm getting errors, as attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. VSTS Description doesn't load

Added a VSTS tab for our team. When you open a story, feature or epic, the description field doesn't display data until you close the story and re-open it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base