Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide the phone number of a person calling who join by phone when in meeting for privacy concern

If a person join a meeting by calling the number, their number appears on the screen, for privacy reason would be better if there is a way to hide or disable that option .. either administrator or team organizer can do it .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copying code snippets dangerously broken

A recent change has severely broken copying from code snippets. Selecting any portion of a code snippet now silently copies the entire snippet to the clipboard. This is extremely dangerous, as it can lead to unintentional execution of commands if pasted into a terminal.

It looks like this was an implementation of https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34879543-copy-code-snippet, but this is the worst possible choice. Please revert this change, and make copying the entire snippet an explicit contextual menu item.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams Auto-attendant transfers call that are blocked on users Teams blocked number list

Teams Auto-attendant successfully (incorrectly) transfers calls that are blocked on the user's personal Teams blocked people list.

Admins must also block the offending number on the tenant level, which is redundant and inefficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Random person removes participants

Kindly add a feature where it shows who removed us from a meeting, or restrict it to the host of the meeting. It is sheer disappointment when some random person removes us and we are unable to identify him/her! The issue is raised time and again, it's high time Microsoft Teams should do something to fix it. It only leads to people disliking the application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Using microphone in the background even when mic is off during a meeting

I am using the microsoft teams app on my android device (OnePlus 7). When we start a meeting, there is an option to turn off mic and start the meeting. Even on turning the mic off, when you start the meeting, teams is using the microphone in the background draining the battery unnecessarily and a big cause of privacy concern. OnePlus software detects which app is using what in the background. So I got to know about this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Filter Pane Visible while viewing Power BI Report in Microsoft Teams channel

I have disabled the settings in filtering experience and shut the eye icon to hide the filter pane from the end-users.

I have observed that this works fine in Power BI Service but when viewing the report in Microsoft Teams,

I can see the filter pane with the message "There aren't any filters to display."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Impossible to disable SharePoint/OneDrive when Teams enabled

Within our organisation we need to disable some users from access to SharePoint/OneDrive. However it appears that we are unable to have Teams enabled for our business users without also having OneDrive/SharePoint accessible. The work around (so those individuals can still use Teams for call, chat, video etc) would be for them to use a personal account with Teams, however, when needing to meet a business environment this is not appropriate and inadequate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not able to change my Status on Teams. It keeps switching it to away by itself

Switching from Skype to Teams should be improvement.
    But unfortunately Teams limited the user ability to control the settings.
    I don't want anyone to see that I am working on the second computer, but Teams always show that.!!!
    It shows me away only few minutes after and I can't stop having phone calls and messages due to that stupid idea of letting the app control me...
    It's really annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Logging in from multiple devices simultaneously

I found that I can login to my Teams account from multiple devices, at different places, from different network simultaneously.
    Just I have shared my teams account details with my family members residing at different places and they were able to login successfully. Just my ID was logged in at the same time in three different devices, on different platforms, on different locations, on different network.
    This could lead in the loss of revenue, this is a lapse in security if somebody managed to get my password any how then I will never come to know that my ID is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connect-MicrosoftTeams Limitation With -TeamsEnvironmentName And -CertificateThumbprint

When Connect-MicrosoftTeams is used with -CertificateThumbprint and -ApplicationId, the parameter set restrictions do not allow use of -TeamsEnvironmentName. This is a problem because if -TeamsEnvironmentName TeamsGCCH is not specified when connecting to a TeamsGCCH tennant, some cmdlets such as Get-Team will fail with the attached error.

Some cmdlets will work (such as Get-TeamUser) without specifying -TeamsEnvironmentName TeamsGCCH, but notably these cmdlets connect to graph.microsoft.com instead of graph.microsoft.us which is also not desirable. The fact the cmdlets even partly work potentially presents an information security issue.

Can the Connect-MicrosoftTeams parameter set be altered to support specifying -TeamsEnvironmentName

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug in your bug reporting!

You can't report a bug without agreeing to everything microsoft suggests. If you only tick 'agree to terms of service' you get a message saying you can only report a bug if you agree to the terms of service! So you have to tick both boxes to report a bug!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iOS Teams Auto Login Privacy Bug

I work in the healthcare environment and we recently deployed many iPod touch SHARED devices out in the field to increase department communication. The issue is that if multiple employees have logged into the teams app on an iPod touch and then log out, any employee can tap on another employee email account, if they have logged in previously, and Teams will simply login without prompting for a username or password.

Scenario:
    Employee A receives iPod touch in the morning and logs in to Teams
    Employee A logs out of Teams on iPod touch at end of shift
    Employee B…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Swapping between accounts meant that one account had all the rights of the previous account

I use two accounts for Teams - one that is my own work account (only a member of any teams that I need access to on a day-to-day basis) and another that is used by the whole department as a service account (which is an owner of every team that has been created).

Using the desktop app, I signed out from the department service account and into my own, but had Owner level access to all the teams in the business. Any changes that I made (to teams that my account wasn't even a member of) were made successfully, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Background effects application is confusing

Background effects can be important for privacy. The current mechanism is: Choose a background, and then press "Apply and turn on video" button. I often make the mistake of choosing a background, and then turning on video with the video control (not the "Apply and and turn on video" button) and so not getting my chosen background. This is annoying at least; more importantly it can violate a privacy choice.

At the very least, the button should just be "Apply" (without "and turn on video"). Having different ways to turn on the video is confusing. This is a bug.

More…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I can't change my profile picture.

We want to change the profile picture because it has bothered some of my teachers and they're asking to change it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug - Teams - Attendees have joined at meeting, but do not show up on the "In this meeting" list under Participants, after they joined.

Affected (Windows) version: Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.34662 (64-bit)

This has occurred on numerous clients for both internal (corporate) and external attendees not being displayed. Audio can be heard from the "invited attendees", even though they are not displayed in the "In this meeting" list.

Please fix ASAP, as this presents a huge issue with attendees joining the meeting without any indication or notification.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. اريد تغيير صورتي الشخصيه

تغير الصوره الشخصيه

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i need Teams to support other protocols in additional to http/https as well

i need Teams to support additional protocols in additional to http/https,
    in my case we need to use SLR links that will be sent via chat messages in teams, at the moment when we are trying to do it, teams is not recognizing this message and the link cant be used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams keeps using webcam even after quiting app (Linux/Ubuntu)

Hi,

Today I saw the led indicator burning next to my webcam on my laptop. I immediately covered my webcam and checked which process was using it.

matthijs@matthijs-ThinkPad-P51:~$ fuser /dev/video0
    /dev/video0: 28885m

ps axl | grep 28885
    1 1000 28885 32430 20 0 4721272 123732 futex Sl+ tty2 0:57 /usr/share/teams/teams --type=renderer --autoplay-policy=no-user-gesture-required --enable-features=SharedArrayBuffer --disable-features=SpareRendererForSitePerProcess --service-pipe-token=9688197742257577953 --lang=en-US --app-path=/usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar --user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x8664) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) MicrosoftTeams-Preview/1.3.00.16851 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Electron/4.2.12 Safari/537.36 --node-integration=false --webview-tag=false --no-sandbox --preload=/usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar/lib/pluginhost/preload.js --disable-remote-module --background-color=#fff --electron-shared-settings=eyJjci5jb21wYW55IjoiTWljcm9zb2Z0IiwiY3IuZHVtcHMiOiIvdG1wL2NvbS5taWNyb3NvZnQudGVhbXMubGludXggQ3Jhc2hlcyIsImNyLmVuYWJsZWQiOnRydWUsImNyLnByb2R1Y3QiOiJjb20ubWljcm9zb2Z0LnRlYW1zLmxpbnV4IiwiY3Iuc2Vzc2lvbiI6ImRlc2t0b3AtMDViZWJmMjEtZWYxOS00MDY4LWE1N2ItZjJjODA0YzRkNmRmIiwiY3IudXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9yaW5rLmhvY2tleWFwcC5uZXQvYXBpLzIvYXBwcy81MDQ5M2M4OThjMWY0ZmU1OWExODNmNGI0OWJmZTZiYS9jcmFzaGVzL3VwbG9hZCIsImNyLnZlcnNpb24iOiIxLjMuMDAuMTY4NTEifQ== --num-raster-threads=4 --enable-main-frame-before-activation --service-request-channel-token=9688197742257577953 --renderer-client-id=20 --shared-files=v8contextsnapshotdata:100,v8nativesdata:101 --msteams-process-type=pluginHost
    0 1000 32363 32264 20 0 14428 1120 pipe
    w S+ pts/4…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base