Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dear team we are not able to see more than four people in team app at the of video conference

Dear team we are not able to see more than four people in team app at the of video conference

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. status goes to away when i stop typing to read, and then after it says i'm away, i will start typing and doing work, and still shows me in

My current status goes to away when i stop typing to read, and then after it says i'm away, i will start typing and doing work, and it still shows me as away and won't update until i open up the teams chat window and click into chatting someone, not useful, as i would like to show to my colleagues that I am available, with skype we had options to change status settings and timers, with teams we don't.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Other people's status doesn't update properly.

Make the status update function to work properly. My contacts status doesn't update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Web teams is showing away even though am working on the system.

@teamsml@microsoft.com
    Please look into this. My office web teams is showing me away even though am online. This is creating issues and giving wrong impressiont with the team members as we are working from home.

Kindly look into this on priority.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kalyan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Removed student still showing up in assignments

After a student is removed from a Team, their name still shows up from the Teacher's point of view. Because the student still shows they need to turn in an assignment, teachers are unable to close out said assignments or quizzes, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Status updates itself and this feature should be decided by the user, not teams

The user should be able to decide either
    He wishes to appear as free, out of office, or just away . The status should not be decided ..most of the times wrongly.. by teams app and "sync" .

It is not helpful to have it all decided for you and to be offline or away while writing emails .. just because meanwhile, you forgot to cancel the "out of office meeting ".

There are not many features user friendly..where you can choose your style.
    I am actually comparing it to the Samsung style of designing a phone -many features, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outlook presence does not stay synced

Presence from Outlook does not stay synced after I close Teams. Need to go to Settings to update every time I open the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Phone number creation in Teams Admin not allowing selection of location

When attempting to create new phone numbers of any type a location field is required. A new location can be created here and is displayed in Emergency locations. This location does not display on drop down nor search so the wizard can not complete with out the location field filled in. Confirmed by MS support ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot remove or change profile picture in Teams (free version)

We are unable to remove or change profile pictures in MS Teams (free account), when clicking Remove Picture the picture disappears and goes back to the default initials, but when Saving a red error message appears: "There was a problem with saving the photo. Please try again." And the profile picture stays the same.

This bug has been the same for at least the last 5 days, and others in my company also have the same problem. This also cannot be changed in the web version or the mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Last seen status for offline user is needed

Last seen status is needed even user is offline. We Should see the time stamp. So we can wait for him based on his time zone. Was there this feature in Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User presence doesn't show up in outlook. It shows as (From address book) when we hover over user's presence while typing a new email.

User presence doesn't show up in outlook. It shows as (From address book) when we hover over user's presence while typing a new email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. presence taken over by teams doesnt fall back after switching back user

When a user is signed in to Guest access and then switches back, the Setting "Register Teams as the chat app for office", remains checked.
    Meaning the inband provisioning doesnt happen when we switch back to original Domain.

This is a known issue as when I switch over to Guest account, it detects the settings and enables it. But when I switch back, it doesnt want to take out the settings and keeps it intact causing the Presence issue in my Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. focus on startup do not take the front by startup , ******** prog that others ask to have not works and thinks its the center of the world

focus on startup do not take the front by startup , ******** prog that others ask to have not works and thinks its the center of the world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lists calendar view from MS Teams

I have created a new Lists in MS Teams and wanted to create a calendar view from it. Calendar view creation is not available from MS Teams, so I created it through SharePoint site. However, when I select calendar view (once created) within MS Teams, the display is not as a calendar, but rather the whole list items in one single column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams & Outlook

If you set up an "Out of Office" message in outlook that expires at a specific date & time, when it clears in outlook, it does not clear in teams "status

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No puedo ver el cuando están compartiendo pantalla

No piedo ver cuando el maestro o algún compro comparte pantalla

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Status message custom time couldn't set PM time for Chinese/Mandarin interface

After setting up custom time as PM for status message and save, the time will automatically become AM time.
    This happens on Chinese(China) / Chinese(Taiwan) / Chinese(Singapore), both desktop client and web interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams does not show correct status across devices (and status bar icon)

This is not an idea but since you think a bug fix is an idea here goes. Between my Teams app on my laptop, Teams icon in the task bar and my Teams app on my mobile device none of them appear to tie up. It's almost impossible to reliably know if someone is available. I don't want to know when they were last visible or I last communicated with them I want to know their status. I would have thought that an individuals status would be synced across all devices without any 'lag' what's the point of moving to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It doesn't refresh automatically. Even I refresh it manually, it doesn't work sometime. Last seen time and status doesn't show the current

It doesn't refresh automatically. Even I refresh it manually, it doesn't work sometime. Last seen time and status doesn't show the current picture

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base