Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Existing channels disappeared when creating new channel.

I created two channels the week prior. Then the following week I created a new channel and the other two disappeared. The only channel remaining were "general" and my new channel. In SharePoint I could see my files, but I don't know how to transfer wiki - and we lost all the posts. They were not accidentally deleted, as they were not available to restore in the "deleted" area of the team channels section. This seems to be a known issue - and posts are incredibly important to work flow - if lost, that is a big deal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avatar hang saving changes

Have been setting up Teams across multiple sites on Mac and Surface. When changing the Team avatar image I've seen Teams hang on a saving changes modal.

No time out. No UI to exit.

You wouldn't expect such a simple step to hang the interface.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete this app its terrible

Delete thus app its ***

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Updated/modified meetings do not sync instantly to Teams Room Systems. There is a delay in replication

Updated/modified meetings do not sync instantly to Teams Room Systems. There is a delay in replication

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MSTeams Freezes Remote Desktop

A Teams activity freezes Remote Desktop. I have an average of 7up 2down wifi but even an incoming Teams message will freeze the Remote Desktop so much that I have to drop everything and restart RD. It's a huge hindrance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams unresponsive/frozen after computer wakes from sleep mode

After the computer wakes from sleep, Teams is completely unresponsive. Status either goes blank, or shows as unavailable. Half the interface is corrupted with the previous person who called me stuck in the bottom corner. Clicking any of the buttons/menus does nothing for at least ten seconds. At times, Teams will then just silently crash (no exception message).
    This means every day I have to restart Teams to let my "team" (and boss) know I'm not still in bed.
    I've reported this numerous times with the internal feedback link. Perhaps traction might happen here...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch from one chat to another freezes Teams

When you switch from one chat to another, you cannot start entering new message for ~15 seconds (at least), after that it unfreezes for few seconds (you obviously start texting) - Teams freezes again and you need to wait again for ~15 seconds.
    If you have typed multiple messages, they will be concatenated into one - instead of New line/ Enter they will be words without ' ' space
    If you have switched language during typing - it will be switched for whole message even if you have entered only one word (or symbol), and most probably corrupt whole message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner task scrolls to the top

Hi!

Imagine you have a task in Planner with long NOTES section or a lot of COMMENTS so you have to scroll down to see content in lower positions.

You scroll down and want to select something and copy paste it elsewhere. You click in the middle of NOTES section and WHOA! You are back on the very top! You try it again. It works this time. You select it, copy it and paste it to a different window. Now you go back to Planner window and try to select the next line. You click there and WHOA! You are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Screen-sharing crashes when Surface Pen is used in OneNote while screen/app window is shared in Teams. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 (i5/256/8)

Make screen sharing stable when an external monitor is used, especially when using the Surface Pen on the Surface Pro 7 while using Teams and OneNote. These screen-sharing crashes just have a big negative impact on virtual classroom productivity. If everything worked as expected/intended, the features available to the Surface Pro ecosystem (Pen, Wireless Display Adapter, Office 365 apps) would be much better utilized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Problem in profile photo changing

Profile photo changing doesn't work well. Everytime i want to change profile photo i have to change and put the same photo to profile for being sure or people see the previous photo🤦🏻‍♂️. Please fix it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams performance is not good enough

Both desktop and mobile version team, had slowed my device performance, and lots lag

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. battery

Teams for the Mac uses a ridiculous amount of processor power in any video meeting. On my iPad I it takes roughly 10% of the battery for a 1-hour video meeting. On either of my MacBooks (one a Pro, the other an Air) it runs the whole battery down in just one hour. The battery life on these machines is about four times as long when using Zoom instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lag

teams generally lagging my computer and takes a long time to chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When students are added to a Team after an assignment was created they aren't getting assignment attachements

When students are added to a Team after an assignment was created they aren't getting assignment attachments. I have assignment settings adjusted so that students added after the creation of the assignment are getting that work, and they get the assignment but none of the attachments. The OneNote pages I need them to have are just not appearing for these students at all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PC freezes when using MS Teams in Chrome browser

Web version of MS Team is too heavy as Desktop app version. I was attending my online class in MS Team and when i unmuted myself to interact with class, my PC freeze. Also all widgets in web versions works very slow. I am attaching the log file and some photos. I love to use ms teams but disappointed with its performance. Please improve its performance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gun holder for E92 and a weapon sight for the gun

Hey,
    Does anyone have an idea for a gun holster(Glock 17)?
    2008 BMW E92 320i
    And a weapon sight for Glock 17

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Discreet GPU on Surface

On my surface book, the processor has a built in GPU as well as an NVIDIA GeForce GPU. However Teams does not seem to understand there is a more robust GPU available, it sits idle. Meanwhile, the CPU is pegged regularly with the built in GPU taking up most resources. Can we fix the logic in the code to use a discreet GPU if present?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base