Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Carplay Crashing

Incoming calls are causing the CarPlay app to crash. When a Teams call comes in the infotainment screen shuts off and does not allow me to answer the call. I am driving a 2020 Nissan Rogue. This is an ongoing issue. The phones that I'm having he issues with are a iphone 8 and a brand new iphone XR. Both of the phones are fully updated and when I checked at Nissan there we no updates available for the vehicle. Checking online this is a well know issue that hasn't been addressed by Microsoft and has been ongoing for months.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen-sharing crashes when Surface Pen is used in OneNote while screen/app window is shared in Teams. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 (i5/256/8)

Make screen sharing stable when an external monitor is used, especially when using the Surface Pen on the Surface Pro 7 while using Teams and OneNote. These screen-sharing crashes just have a big negative impact on virtual classroom productivity. If everything worked as expected/intended, the features available to the Surface Pro ecosystem (Pen, Wireless Display Adapter, Office 365 apps) would be much better utilized.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Presenting the screen is laggy and freezing.

While presenting the shared screen, it can get laggy and/or freezing especially sharing a video. This is a major concern. I would NOT recommend Microsoft Teams to anyone because of this issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. NDI feeds disappeared from Live Events when you added the Broadcast over NDI menu to Teams - 9Nov20

This is across PC and Mac platforms. Please fix as we have come to heavily rely on this functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. High Battery Usage on 2020 Macbook Air i5

So i've been using teams on my macbook air, and i've noticed extremely high battery usage (40% in an hour) and heat generation, with the fans cranking up to 100% and averaging 90C while on the call. This is much higher than Zoom or FB messenger Apps, which have the fan on about 20% and average around 60-70C with correspondingly less battery usage. I've tried disabling GPU hardware acceleration with no change.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I cant see the recorded sessions or lectures as it doesn't start or load everytime i open it

I cant see the recorded sessions or lectures as it doesn't start or load everytime i open it

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fill form lagging and loading forever

Hi, I have fill up this form 'Fill | ' everyday, but everytime I login from my Android phone, the loading gif keeps spinning (like 20mins and I give up waiting) and the form does not load up for me enter any values. My current workaround is to clear data and cache from Apps > Microsoft Teams. But if I do this, I have to login all over again.
    Is there a performance issue with the fill form, that cause this lag?

This seems to be a bug that I observed for 3 months and it didn't get better. Initially…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to start audio/video call with another WVD teams user

Installed latest Teams client machine-wide .msi and installed WebRTC component and can confirm that both people show WVD optimized in Teams client in WVD and have the correct local devices showing for audio and video but the call fails with Sorry, we couldn't connect you. Any ideas what is going on?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fan is running by using TEAMS

Hello

As all Microsoft office products so Teams as well are too much battery killing.

Please make them more battery resource friendly

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mac screen goes black, need to close/reopen lid to get screen back - every 5 min

During a presentation (I'm participating not hosting), my screen goes black around every 5 minutes. I need to close the lid, then reopen it, then my screen appears again. Working for another 5 minutes, until screen goes black again. My MacBook Pro 2016, is plugged into power.
    When the screen goes black, I still hear audio, Touch Bar is still responsive, command/tab still changes applications (I can tell because Touch Bar changes).
    Also, my computer feels hot, but no fans are running.
    It was happening on Mojave, so I updated to Catalina. Same problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Existing channels disappeared when creating new channel.

I created two channels the week prior. Then the following week I created a new channel and the other two disappeared. The only channel remaining were "general" and my new channel. In SharePoint I could see my files, but I don't know how to transfer wiki - and we lost all the posts. They were not accidentally deleted, as they were not available to restore in the "deleted" area of the team channels section. This seems to be a known issue - and posts are incredibly important to work flow - if lost, that is a big deal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Avatar hang saving changes

Have been setting up Teams across multiple sites on Mac and Surface. When changing the Team avatar image I've seen Teams hang on a saving changes modal.

No time out. No UI to exit.

You wouldn't expect such a simple step to hang the interface.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete this app its terrible

Delete thus app its ***

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MSTeams Freezes Remote Desktop

A Teams activity freezes Remote Desktop. I have an average of 7up 2down wifi but even an incoming Teams message will freeze the Remote Desktop so much that I have to drop everything and restart RD. It's a huge hindrance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams unresponsive/frozen after computer wakes from sleep mode

After the computer wakes from sleep, Teams is completely unresponsive. Status either goes blank, or shows as unavailable. Half the interface is corrupted with the previous person who called me stuck in the bottom corner. Clicking any of the buttons/menus does nothing for at least ten seconds. At times, Teams will then just silently crash (no exception message).
    This means every day I have to restart Teams to let my "team" (and boss) know I'm not still in bed.
    I've reported this numerous times with the internal feedback link. Perhaps traction might happen here...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner task scrolls to the top

Hi!

Imagine you have a task in Planner with long NOTES section or a lot of COMMENTS so you have to scroll down to see content in lower positions.

You scroll down and want to select something and copy paste it elsewhere. You click in the middle of NOTES section and WHOA! You are back on the very top! You try it again. It works this time. You select it, copy it and paste it to a different window. Now you go back to Planner window and try to select the next line. You click there and WHOA! You are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The application is crashing.

Microsoft Teams is crashing when I try to set my online status.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base