Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group

We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group. Can you please look at allowing a user's scheduled to be sync when you are in multiple teams and groups? i.e. we have a separate Leadership Team and Sales Team, but a couple of users are in both. This means we need to manually enter our shifts for each team.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Severe performance issues using Teams on a MacBook Pro 2019 with external display

I was going nuts 2 weeks ago since my Teams started hogging the CPU, causing the fans the spin to the max and Teams started to flicker and my webcam started lagging on my MBP 2019 with Core i9!

I already tried to resolve it by disabling GPU support, deleting Teams, cleaning cache and removing all Teams folder/files and did not resolve the issue.
    So as a last resort completely wiped my macOS and reinstalled Big Sur, cleaned the fans and guess what? The same issues started to re-appear: High CPU load, slow response and lagging video.
    Also tried disabling…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams performance is not good enough

Both desktop and mobile version team, had slowed my device performance, and lots lag

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Date format changing in Excel spreadsheet

We have an annoying problem where the date column on a shared spreadsheet keeps changing from English to US date formats. This seems to effect different fields differently and then when changing the timezone to English in both teams and excel instead of reverting back to the date entered it changes it. Essentially it has ruined our clinical spreadsheet.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. battery

Teams for the Mac uses a ridiculous amount of processor power in any video meeting. On my iPad I it takes roughly 10% of the battery for a 1-hour video meeting. On either of my MacBooks (one a Pro, the other an Air) it runs the whole battery down in just one hour. The battery life on these machines is about four times as long when using Zoom instead.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Too slow to chat on mobile apps

To slow to chat on mobile device not as quick and snappy as WhatsApp... And you cannot reply using ur desktop client... Only available in handset

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This app is useless, the main problem is the memori need of the pc. If i use this my pc will slow down

This app is useless, the main problem is the memori need of the pc. If i use this my pc will slow down.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams client on CentOS 7.7 utilizes 1 CPU core after a call

When starting the Teams Linux client on CentOS 7.7 everything is fine, but after calling someone else, the app utilizes 1 CPU core and does not stop to do so until restarted.

Teams version: teams-1.3.00.5153-1.x86_64

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. takes time to load or not upload message and images to chat history

when I want to check the chat history and back with the mouse scroll back it takes a few seconds to show the message history and upload the images, even in occasion the images are never shown, instead the broken link icon of image, this issue has been using Teams for several months. I wonder why Teams takes time to load messages and images and Skype if you show them right away. Attached images.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Files going missing error.

When I go to Teams to access assignments that I am working on, I am getting a "sorry, we couldn't find your file" error message. I cannot access my assignments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CPU and RAM usage

Hello,

I did not use Teams for around 15 minutes, only to find out it uses 33% CPU and almost 2GB of ram when idle on the backround at times. I had 3 messages in 1 group. This was it... no calls, no files, nothing.

Also switching chats causes Teams to spike up to 20-40% CPU and 2GB ram usage.

Intel Core i7 4790
    32GB DDR3 RAM

Fix this please.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microphone volume gets progressively louder

Since the last update, I am now on 1.300.19565 (64 bit), Teams is increasing my microphone volume to the point where I am blowing out everyones ear drums. I checked the Windows properties microphone level and I can watch is climb to 100 and stay there. Even with exclusive mode unchecked. Teams is not respecting Windows settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video quality during a meeting is too low

The bitrate of the video or the fps of the video of the meeting is very low, taking into account the good bandwidth that I have for the organizer and participant of the meeting.

Attached are the screenshots of the test that I have carried out.

Please see the video showing the stability of the connection with the ping command and at the end, a test of how choppy a video comes out.

I add a link to the Youtube video of it: https://youtu.be/IibDRb3hyTM

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. An error occurred while creating the channel.

When I try and create a new Channel within multiple teams in our Organisation I am receiving the following error when I click save: An error occurred while creating the channel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Updated/modified meetings do not sync instantly to Teams Room Systems. There is a delay in replication

Updated/modified meetings do not sync instantly to Teams Room Systems. There is a delay in replication

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio delay of up to 20 seconds for others to hear me on Teams calls

On Teams audio calls, whether I initiate or another person calls me, I can hear them immediately, but they cannot hear me for 15-20 seconds. This is very annoying as I have to send them a chat saying wait for about 20 seconds to hear me or else they frequently hang up!

This is on the desktop Teams (no Skype involved).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video freezing

Since the latest update, video calls are now freezing intermittently. Each freezes lasts approximately 2-3 seconds. It happens every 2-3 mins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scheduled assignments not released after DST change

A number of teachers had scheduled assignments set-up from January and February that were due to be posted/released this week. We just returned from a school (Spring) break during which clocks shifted forward to Daylight Savings Time (DST). Any assignments that were scheduled before the time change are now no longer posting automatically to the Class Team. Teachers then need to go in manually, remove the scheduled date/time and post now. This is a frustrating process when teachers spent the time to schedule the assignments in the first place. The research I have done on this issue seems to suggest…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Switch from one chat to another freezes Teams

When you switch from one chat to another, you cannot start entering new message for ~15 seconds (at least), after that it unfreezes for few seconds (you obviously start texting) - Teams freezes again and you need to wait again for ~15 seconds.
    If you have typed multiple messages, they will be concatenated into one - instead of New line/ Enter they will be words without ' ' space
    If you have switched language during typing - it will be switched for whole message even if you have entered only one word (or symbol), and most probably corrupt whole message.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base