Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

I found a bug...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio delay of up to 20 seconds for others to hear me on Teams calls

On Teams audio calls, whether I initiate or another person calls me, I can hear them immediately, but they cannot hear me for 15-20 seconds. This is very annoying as I have to send them a chat saying wait for about 20 seconds to hear me or else they frequently hang up!

This is on the desktop Teams (no Skype involved).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows Defender on Server 2016 slows sequential file write to a crawl

On windows server 2016 Windows Defender under Terminal Services slowed down sequential file writes by a factor of 100. We output .csv files to a directory as the first step of loading them into an excel report in our application. We do not get reports of virus or other problems, but none the less, it requires we deinstall defender to get our application to perform properly.

We are a Microsoft partner and were able to confirm this behavior on multiple servers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group

We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group. Can you please look at allowing a user's scheduled to be sync when you are in multiple teams and groups? i.e. we have a separate Leadership Team and Sales Team, but a couple of users are in both. This means we need to manually enter our shifts for each team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Date format changing between US and English.

We have an annoying problem where the date column on a shared spreadsheet keeps changing from English to US date formats. This seems to effect different fields differently and then when changing the timezone to English in both teams and excel instead of reverting back to the date entered it changes it. Essentially it has ruined our clinical spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft Teams won't open Skype Meetings or Excel correctly

After the last round of updates, when I click the "Join" button in Teams to join a Skype meeting, the pop-up window appears that says my meeting is opening in another window but then nothing happens. I have to go to to Skype to get the meeting to launch. Also, when I open an Excel file from Teams, it will open correctly, but if I try to select the "Edit in Excel" option, the pop-up window appears that says my meeting is opening in Excel but then nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Startup options don't work

"Auto start application" and "Open application in background" do not work. The Teams application will start full screen in the foreground no matter the settings. Please allow settings to stop auto-launch and stop pop up window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Files going missing error.

When I go to Teams to access assignments that I am working on, I am getting a "sorry, we couldn't find your file" error message. I cannot access my assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TEAMS browser CPU and memory leak

Reporting a memory leak bug in TEAMS running inside a browser.
    There is a resource leak or infinite loop condition or something. It will gradually escalate to using 99%+ of the CPU and eventually eat up all the memory too. Closing the Teams tab fixes the problem immediately. I’ve been able to reliably reproduce this in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox (haven’t tried in IE or Safari) across three different Windows 10 devices. I don’t need to do anything beyond login to Teams, and it starts to devour resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available

Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When in the tray - updates/refreshes take focus of other O365 windows while in use. Please keep this in the background - very frustrating.

You notice this is the teams app because it slides to the right & then back again quickly, but it does not return your focus to the email/word doc/excel sheet that it took you out of. That file/window is still on top in your browser, but you're not typing in there any longer. You have to click back into that window to regain focus to continue your work. This activity should remain in the background & not disrupt your typing along in work mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.