Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Images Uploaded to Channel Conversations via iOS App are NOT loading!

Our Company has a created a channel in one of our Teams to attach/upload pictures using the iOS Teams App. We have a dedicated channel our employees use to upload site inspection pictures. Some of these pictures that were successfully uploaded by our users and were displaying correctly in the past, now are NOT loading coreectly. Instead, Teams is display a blank white box where the picture was. Our uploaded iamges in this channel conversation appear to be gone for everyone else trying to view the image in that Team, replaced with a blank white placeholder. These images are NOT…

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can't reply to a previous message

in personal chats if i'd like to reply to a previous message (some other messages have been exchanged since then) i have no option to reply in reference to it, making it hard to see what the answer is in response to. all other good messaging apps have this feature by now.

it's a feature in team chats.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

Teams for Mac:

1. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

2. Can't select only part of message, its automatically selects all message

Its very annoying, please fix.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't edit or delete a message in private channel

After I post a message to a private channel I cannot edit it or delete itl. The context menu does not provide an entry for edit (or delete).

I've attached two screen shots. The context menu I see on messages in every other channel or chat. It includes entries for edit and delete. The messages in private channel do not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inline code blocks don't format when the content is pasted.

When you type a backtick (`), then paste text, and then type another backtick the text does not get formatted as an inline monospaced text block.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to delete the entire chat conversation or thread..its a basic feature and should be provided at earliest

Unable to delete the entire chat conversation or thread..its a basic feature and should be provided at earliest

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No emojis are showing up

Currently, none of the emojis are showing up, even after updating/restarting. This is for normal emojis and reaction emojis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Direct messages are not grouped in 1 thread in a private chat in MS Teams like in a MS Teams channel

There is no possibility to answer on the direct message in MS Teams, that those messages are grouped in one thread like it is done it the channel, where this function exists. It would be great to have it in the direct messages as well, it helps to follow the discussion in a chat better. Otherwise when you post 3 different questions, the person with whom you are chatting starts to reply and it is not always possible to understand to which of these 3 questions the reply belongs. At least this issue exists on the Desktop version of MS…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to remove the last person from a group chat (Group chat converts to 1:1 chat)

Impossible to remove the last person of a group chat.
    The group chat becomes the normal 1:1 chat between the two last people. Your interactions with the last user will always be in the context of the group chat.
    Example:
    After creating a group chat with you + 2 users, you can only remove 1 user. After that the group chat becomes the 1:1 chat with the last user

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams app not always sending / recieving messages

A lot of the time when I'm on my mobile data and on Wifi, my messages often aren't sent. They remain in the unsent state and I need to restart Teams, which doesn't always work. There's nothing wrong with the Wifi or my data, and I don't have this issue with other apps.
    I've also ask other people on my team, and no one else has experienced this issue.

Repro steps:
    1. Open Teams
    2. Send a message to someone

Platform: Android
    Browser: - using app
    Device: Galaxy A8

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When copying part of a received message, all of the message gets auto-highlighted (and copied)

Hey, when I try to copy part of a message, say 'server.test' from this example message:

"Hey, I think you should try and connect through server.test instead."

Instead of copying just server.test, all of the message highlights and copies, and also with the senders name and the timestamp.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message delete

There is no delete message option in teams in all platforms

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sync issue

I have long conversation with my team on my laptop, then i go to my android phone to read it again but found out some messages are missing in my app, they are not fully synced

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alternative keyboard layouts don't allow to type special characters, e.g. ? /

There is no support for alternative keyboard layout besides QWERTY in Teams. I don't know why the developers have chosen to handle keyboard input in a special way but other software is able to support the layout set in the operation system properly including its own shortcuts etc.
    Using for example neo2 I am not able to type a question mark or a slash. There are much more heavily used special characters which are not working.
    See also https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/issues-with-keyboard-layout-typing-and/m-p/149808# for some discussion about this issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Markdown is not formated

(This is not an idea, it's a bug report by the way)

It seems that markdown is only recognized when typing everything in a row. Usually I like to type both marks first and then put the code/bold/url etc. inside those quotes. If I do that, Teams won't format the markdown.

This bug also prevents pasting markdown to the chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. During chat, new messages not visible until I press "New Messages" or scroll down

When I am in a private chat with someone, each time they send me a message, the message is not shown to me. Instead, I get a button at the bottom of the feed showing that if I scroll down (or click the button) I can see the new message. I assume this functionality is intended for when I've scrolled up to look at historical messages, but it's being overeager.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams crashes when I send a message in a meeting

As of today (17/07/2020) when I send a message in a meeting teams lags then crashes. If I send a message from my phone it will cause teams on my laptop to lag for about 5 mins then the message will appear an it will stop lagging

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple Emojis in PC version are small

When you post multiple emojis from the PC version they are small and they are large when posted from phone. Make the PC ones large too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base