Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call drops unexpectedly

I updated my team's app yesterday and since then, whenever someone shares their presentation/screen the meeting ends abruptly inspite of a good network connectivity...
    I am facing the same issue in all my meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background setup, Hand raise, and other faction is not properly working in new large gallery view

After turning new Experience in Microsoft teams in window desktop app most of the feature is not working properly like Background image setup, hand raise, and all other options. also, I have not seen all feature showing in the Microsoft document. please make sure all things before releasing the product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attendance reports are downloading as blank documents.

Attendance reports are being downloaded as blank documents. This does not happen all the time but it does happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outlook "End Meetings Early" setting is completely ignored when using the "New Teams Meeting" add-in

Last year the Outlook team delivered a new feature called "End Meetings Early." The Teams add-in to Outlook completely ignores this setting. I would like to see this fixed, and closer coordination between product teams at Microsoft.

See https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/13137501-customize-default-meeting-time-in-calendar-or-opti

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Attendance list downloads only for the person who starts the meeting

There is a problem with attendance list feature. The download link works only for the person who starts the meeting. It should work for the presenter / organizer of the meeting whether he/she started the meeting or not.

I mean to say that if some other person who is an attendee and not the presenter starts a recurring scheduled meeting (like a lecture or class) and the presenter/organizer joins later on, then the download attendance link does not work for him (the organizer).

Steps to reproduce:
    * create a team with 2-3 "owner role" members and some "member role" members …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blank Attendance List downloaded during a Meeting

There are two issues, first the organiser roles (End meeting option) are not shown on rejoining the meeting after a call drop.
    Secondly, the meeting attendance report (. Csv file) is always blank, even when there are 50 members in the meeting.

Kindly Resolve these issues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Visible participants in a meeting cannot be controlled

Now that we have got nine boxes to see participants in a meeting, you can't control who to see with webcam-picture. You do not see other participants who have a webcam on if you attach them, instead the participant is shown with a still image icon. Only when the participants who are visible disconnect from the meeting are other participants with a webcam visible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change verbiage from "User X has joined the meeting" to "User X was invited to this meeting"

A terminated user is seen as joining a Teams meeting while his account is disabled with no sign in history. Though the user is termed and blocked in Azure AD, other members still see the attached System messages in Teams suggesting that the user "has joined the meeting".

This does not look good from an end user's perspective. Please kindly change this verbiage to read: "User X was invited to this meeting". This would be a more appropriate verbiage that is meaningful and less misleading.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repeating Meetings - Editing or Cancelling sends a HUGE volume of email to attendees.

Say I create a 9:00am Teams meeting and set it to repeat every weekday with no end date.
    Now say I want to remove one attendee and add someone else to that series of meetings beginning tomorrow.
    If you open tomorrow's meeting from the Teams Calendar, click "View Series", make that change to the attendee list, then click "Send Updates" to save your changes, Teams will begin generating a HUGE number of "Meeting Update" emails. Sending HUNDREDS to each attendee.
    It appears to generate an email for every individual email in the series, even though you were editing the series…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. not able to setup live-event

initially I was able to chose "new Meeting +" > "Live event", for about 1 week I get only the "+ new Meeting"-Button and no chance to start live event.

Once I tried, I got message that "Live event is not available in your region".

If I try same from company network I can start live event. What might be my issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. People can re-enter the meeting by pressing the 'rejoin' button after leaving, bypassing the lobby.

When external participants come into a Teams meeting we have it set up so they wait in a lobby beforehand, and are let in when appropriate. However if they leave, or are removed, they can press 'rejoin' and this bypasses the lobby, reducing our control and level of security.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Build 19592 - Since I have been updated to this version my camera is not working.

Since I have been updated to this version my camera is not working. It works in other collaboration tools like zoom or webex. It also works as a regular camera, just not in teams. Other people are having this problem as well. Here is what I have done so far to try and fix it. Uninstalled teams and re-installed. I have validate that teams and camera settings are correct. I have also, updated drivers for my cameras as well as uninstalling them and re-installing them via the device manager. Please help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Recording in private Channel isn't working since yesterday

Since yesterday our teachers can't record Meetings in their private channels anymore. The Option was available before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Live meeting orientation

Issue on the android phone with live event meeting as a regular user attending session. When I change orientation on my phone, the meeting loader icon keeps spinning. I need to close that window and rejoin meeting.
    SM-G965U is my phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook Add-in default meeting duration not using setting in Outlook

Teams Meetings scheduled from Outlook 2016 default to 24 hours (not the 30 minutes as per user setting in Outlook. Add-in should use same setting as appointments.

It is unusual for a meeting to start on one calendar day and end on another. Requires modifying end time and date manually for EVERY Teams meeting scheduled in outlook. This may be an add-in issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android screen blank during screenshare

When I am on a meeting with my phone and someone is sharing their screen, and I try to interact with the UI (to zoom in, go to chat, unmute myself, etc), the screen goes black and does not respond to input. It flickers back, but this continues, making the app nearly unusable.

The behavior seems similar to hitting the sleep button, though that fades out. In this case it is a hard transition off and on.

This is my first meeting since I installed an OS update Android kernel version 4.9.112-17315177 (nov 27) on a Galaxy S9. I was…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio conference calls require PIN to initiate meeting despite settings allowing to bypass lobby

With Skype for Business audio conference calls, users could call into the conference bridge from their cell phones and the meeting would automatically initiate. In Teams, when users call in the meeting will not initiate without the leader entering their PIN. Even after verifying the settings to allow users to bypass the lobby, a PIN is still required to start the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meeting Details not showing up (Error)

Sorry we couldn't get your meeting details. However I am able to access other content from other channels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Meeting recording audio stops when comments are posted

When recording a MS Teams meeting, if participants post comments, the audio recording cuts out when the comments are sent. So if you have lots of comments, you can see the presenters mouth move but there is no sound until the comments stop!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes the recording won't play.

Whenever the recording is finished and I click them, they won't play and sometimes it plays but other times it just says recording saving into stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base