Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow custom URL for AutoDiscover in Exchange Hybrid model

When having an Exchange Hybrid infrastructure, the Calendar in Teams only show up in the Team app for users with an on-premises mailbox if the AutoDiscover URL is published on the Internet (https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc or https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc).

However in some contexts, AutoDiscover DNS record is not published on the Internet because of some security constraints. This is not an issue for Exchange Hybrid because it is possible to specify a custom AutoDiscover URL (for example https://mail.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc) for the on-premises environment with the parameter TargetAutodiscoverEpr in the Organizational Relationship between Exchange Online and Exchange OnPrem.

There is no such way…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams live meeting cannot be ended

I have a Teams Live meeting that I cannot end.
    Error: "failed to execute "End" command".
    The meeting is still on-going 2 days later, despite being a Live meeting that is supposed to stop after maximum 4 hours!

As a result, it is impossible for me as a producer to download the recording and the engagement report, I totally lost the recording of this event which was supposed to be made available for more people.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Logitech webcam's zoom is reset

The zoom level set in logitech software gets reset every now and then. Mostly right after you join a meeting, sometimes at random times during the meeting. We have tested this on multiple computers and logitech cameras, only webcams from the c2xx series work properly, c5xx and c9xx reset their zoom level.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared.

Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared. The workaround is to share the entire desktop and magnify the window you are trying to share.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While presenting I was removed from the meeting.

Please don't provide the option of removing other members from a meeting to the participants except the organizer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Joining Meeting via a direct URL sends everyone to separate "Meeting Now" rooms

When joining a meeting via the meeting's URL, all participants are sent to separate meeting rooms, all titled "Meeting Now" instead of the actual saved meeting's title. Joining the same meeting from the Outlook calendar link sends everyone to the correct meeting room. We need to be able to share the links directly and NOT via Outlook. Please look into this as soon as possible! Version 1.3.00.19173 64-bit

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not switch between multiple Teams accounts without signing out

I have 4 accounts to create Teams Meetings and I can't use them unless I sign out of Teams if I want to create a new meeting from a different account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook add-in does not support proxy authentication (https://scheduler.teams.microsoft.com)

The Teams Outlook Add-in does not support proxy authentication on Windows. This is present in 1.3.0.15561.

The only way to allow the add-in to work is to allow unauthenticated access to https://scheduler.teams.microsoft.com

This needs to be fixed as authenticated proxy access in corporate environments is a must.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Problem in joining meetings

After updating the app, I am not able to join any meeting. After pressing the join button, it shows that getting details... and then it says "The meeting hasn't started yet. Please try again shortly" whereas the meeting has already started. Due to this reason, I am unable to join any meeting.On the other hand, the people who didn't update the app can join easily. I guess there is a glitch in the update which is resisting us from joining meetings. So please look into this matter and fix it as soon as possible because it is very serious. I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Control bar will not auto hide during meeting if a notification is at the top of the window

During a meeting, the control bar isn't auto-hiding if a message is displayed at the top of the screen. My organization regularly records meetings, and a notification is displayed unobtrusively at the top of the screen. While the notification is there and not cleared, the control bar will not clear after a few seconds, but stays present indefinitely. (The frustrating placement and persistence of the control bar is another story, as there is zero reason to display it over top of the meeting content!)

Suggesting that the control bar should auto-hide after a short delay even with a notification present…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cancelled meeting, link still active, but I'm no longer the organizer

I cancelled a teams meeting in hopes that it would deactivate the meeting link, but the link is still active, and now I have no controls on the settings

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auditorium Mode only works for first user joining Live Event

When using Teams Live Events the Auditorim Mode can only be enabled by the first user. Once the second or subsequent Presenter or Producer joins the Auditorium mode cannot be used by anyone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please link Outlook contacts to Teams. For companies like mine that host meetings with 30+ callers that change,Teams doesn't work. Teams is

Outlook Contacts needs to be linked to Teams. I host meetings with clients that change internal participants as the project progresses. Skype worked just fine. Chatting and hosting meetings with changing parties doesn't work with Teams. My major clients are not being forced to Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meetings Not Syncing to iOS Calendar App - 12/5/2019

Teams meetings not syncing to iOS calendar app. Other Outlook meetings and skype meetings are syncing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Live Events - Include computer audio turned off when muting the person sharing the content as producer

In Teams Live Events, the Include Computer audio / include system audio (to include the system sound of something that is being shared) will automatically turn off when the producer of the event will mute the specific participant sharing the content (including using the Mute All button).

When the person that shares the content with audio, mutes him/herself the include system audio option is NOT autmatically turned off (which is how it should be as one turned on the option in the first place to include audio).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Channel Meetings invitations only send to (external) guest users

Recently I'm facing an issue with the scheduling of Teams-Meetings within Teams Channels. When a Team Member schedules a Meeting from a Channel all the (external) guest users receive an invitation in Outlook for their Calander, but none of the (internal) members receive one. So the meeting is only visible in the Calander of guest users and not in the Calander of my collegues.

This worked without any problems before. I tried with multiple O365 Tenants and both the installed desktop client and Teams webclient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification when someone joins or leaves a meeting

When having a meeting, if someone leaves or joins you dont get a notification (e.g. a sound). This is very annoying. Imagine giving a presentation and someone drops out of the call due to comms issues and then a few minutes later rejoins and then asks you yo rewind backto where they dropped out. Circuit has this feature so why not Teams? Same issue for people joining especially if its an external party joining late. Please add this basic feature to teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Background setup, Hand raise, and other faction is not properly working in new large gallery view

After turning new Experience in Microsoft teams in window desktop app most of the feature is not working properly like Background image setup, hand raise, and all other options. also, I have not seen all feature showing in the Microsoft document. please make sure all things before releasing the product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base