Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove from meeting option misused

In this MS teams app the remove from meeting was misused by any of the participants. Kindly give update regarding the same.

Suggestion : make changes so that only organiser can remove any participant in meeting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow custom URL for AutoDiscover in Exchange Hybrid model

When having an Exchange Hybrid infrastructure, the Calendar in Teams only show up in the Team app for users with an on-premises mailbox if the AutoDiscover URL is published on the Internet (https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc or https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc).

However in some contexts, AutoDiscover DNS record is not published on the Internet because of some security constraints. This is not an issue for Exchange Hybrid because it is possible to specify a custom AutoDiscover URL (for example https://mail.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc) for the on-premises environment with the parameter TargetAutodiscoverEpr in the Organizational Relationship between Exchange Online and Exchange OnPrem.

There is no such way…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MTR | Source attached is automatically presented on room display

We're using Crestron Flex as MTR system (UC-B-160-T) in the single display mode. In our setup, a wireless presentation system is connected to the MTR at all times, so users can share their content without having to attach a cable. When a call comes in or a meeting starts, the content attached is automatically presented to the front room display. In the call you don't have access to the "Present/ "Stop present" button anymore, so you only see the content on the front room display, not the caller's video. Only option is to change the layout, so the caller's video…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to call extensions using conferencing call

When I use the keypad to dial an extension number in a conference call, it doesn't work. Seems Teams Meeting will not send DTMF to PSTN?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Linux Client 1.4.00.4855: Meeting-URLS broken

In the latest version, meeting-urls don't work anymore.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restrict Meeting invites in moderated channels to moderators

In a moderated channels the ability to set up a new meeting should be restricted to moderators. Users can accidentally put meetings into moderated channels with hundrets of users, disrupting their work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While presenting I was removed from the meeting.

Please don't provide the option of removing other members from a meeting to the participants except the organizer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator message when external user is first to join meeting

This appears to be a reproducible problem with one tenant, at least. If an external user is the first to join a meeting and is in the lobby, when the meeting organiser joins, everyone else gets this message and cannot use video. If the attendees drop off and re-join, video works.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auditorium Mode only works for first user joining Live Event

When using Teams Live Events the Auditorim Mode can only be enabled by the first user. Once the second or subsequent Presenter or Producer joins the Auditorium mode cannot be used by anyone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microphone turns on by itself

During the video chat microphone turned on despite beeing muted. Microphone had muted sign in my web client, however other users saw it as unmuted. When the host of meeting muted me i stopped hearing him. After me unmuting and muting it went back to normal (Web Client). After some period of time we started to hear one of our collegues (Desktop Client). simillary to my situation he had muted mice on his side, but we saw it unmuted. After restart of application it went back to normal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Max number people in lobby is 50 only

please, nowhere is mentioned Teams lobby capacity. Yesterday I met error when number rise to 50 people. No one else can enter the lobby.
    It was error or it is so?
    (it is error, in my oppinion)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Other than the organizer, none should be a presenter by default since the presenter have the right to remove or mute the others

The feature of removing people from a conversation and muting is in general misused by people specially by the students for fun so by default only the organizer should be the presenter and rest others should be attendees and in case the organizer wants someone to present something then they can do so manually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Join Teams Meeting opens in web browser not in Teams app

When I have a meeting coming up on my Outlook calendar, I get a notification about it and I click on the button "Join Teams meeting" to join the meeting. This always directs me to a link in the web browser and then its this page that detects I have a Teams app and asks if I want to join the meeting from the app. Please can you make it such that I can automatically join the meeting on the app and skip the extra clicks on the web page each time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android screen blank during screenshare

When I am on a meeting with my phone and someone is sharing their screen, and I try to interact with the UI (to zoom in, go to chat, unmute myself, etc), the screen goes black and does not respond to input. It flickers back, but this continues, making the app nearly unusable.

The behavior seems similar to hitting the sleep button, though that fades out. In this case it is a hard transition off and on.

This is my first meeting since I installed an OS update Android kernel version 4.9.112-17315177 (nov 27) on a Galaxy S9. I was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams live meeting cannot be ended

I have a Teams Live meeting that I cannot end.
    Error: "failed to execute "End" command".
    The meeting is still on-going 2 days later, despite being a Live meeting that is supposed to stop after maximum 4 hours!

As a result, it is impossible for me as a producer to download the recording and the engagement report, I totally lost the recording of this event which was supposed to be made available for more people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Logitech webcam's zoom is reset

The zoom level set in logitech software gets reset every now and then. Mostly right after you join a meeting, sometimes at random times during the meeting. We have tested this on multiple computers and logitech cameras, only webcams from the c2xx series work properly, c5xx and c9xx reset their zoom level.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base