Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting Notes are missing

I love the Meeting Notes feature. However it is missing from some of my meetings and I have not been able to find out why or how to add it to those meetings. I thought it may of been a feature that was added after some of my existing meeting invites. So I resent them, however still do not have that feature on those meetings. I haven't done anything different on these from the others which do have Meeting Notes in them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Outlook invite "Logo URL" not rendering

After adding a Logo URL to the Teams meeting settings, the URL itself is displayed in the Outlook meeting. It does not render the actual logo.

I've made changes to the URL twice to ensure the size is within limits (188x30px max) and that it was a .jpg file. Still only the URL shows.

Using the same accessible URLs in Skype meeting settings works properly.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared.

Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared. The workaround is to share the entire desktop and magnify the window you are trying to share.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Recording Full Screen Not Available

Skype had this features, but Teams lacks it in meetings. We have reverted back to Skype for these type of meetings due to the lack of clean recording in Teams. Here's the issue:

When a presenter is on video and everyone else is an attendee, we Pin the presenter's video to be full screen. We then have someone record the meeting so we can share with others later. When recorded, the meeting shows a four-square grid of the presenter and three other random people. We want the recording to show whatever is pinned or the presentation. Do not have the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enter full screen

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Time Zone not redirecting in Teams WVD

Similar to Citrix and RDS deployments session host redirection works but is not recognized in Teams.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mimecast breaks Teams meeting invites

When I receive a teams invite from an external source, our exchange emails run through mimecast, so the invite url will be replaced by soemthing like https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/NHIuIN34fgsd?domain=teams.microsoft.com

That in turn breaks the ability to join the meeting from the Teams' Calendar. I can click join from there, but it will be stuck on Connecting and never work.

The workaround is to go into outlook, open the link in the browser, so it resolves to the real link and then open the local client. That sucks ;)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Meeting options" opens in browser under wrong organization.

I had the web app open in one organization (lets say OrgA). In the desktop (Linux) app, I was in another organization (OrgB). Within a meeting in the desktop app, I clicked the "Meeting Options" link. This caused the web browser to open a tab (why?), which then promptly failed with an error message because it attempted to find the meeting under OrgA. If, in the browser, I switch my other tab from OrgA to OrgB, then re-click the link, I get the page I was expecting.

Summary: When the desktop (Linux) app opens a link in the browser, it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. channel meetings do not show in the main teams calendar

When we schedule meetings in a channel within our teams site, this invite does not show in the main calendar of the 'members' of the groups. We are using teams to run classes so members are students.

We schedule the meeting by going into our own team calendar, click new meeting and adding the appropriate channel in the Channel box.

This does not occur in the general channel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop. It was previously working and now it's gone.

The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop in a meeting. It was previously working and we tested with various scenarios from different tenants and it now appears to be missing. Is this a bug?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that " renamed the meeting to ". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes I Teams won't let me join a meeting or kicks me out of one

I can see my meeting in Teams and see the details of said meeting, but when I click the Join button at the top right I'm redirected back to the previous meeting on my calendar. This happens 3-5 times before I can either successfully join or need to restart Teams.

Alternatively, even after the process mentioned above and I've successfully joined, 5min later I get booted out of the meeting and can't rejoin until I either restart Teams or my computer. Getting booted out of a meeting doesn't directly correlate with the process I just mentioned, but it's rare when…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately

When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately. As a result of this behavior, people attending a meeting do not know if the recording has actually started when they start the recording or if they need to wait. We have had users in our organization ask about this and in some cases, users have mistakenly started presenting too soon to later find out that their voice was cut off at the start of the meeting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams Channel meetings not offering poll functionality

Recently, the new polling feature has been introduce in Teams meetings where MS Forms is added as app to a meeting. Is this feature limited to "normal" Teams meetings only? I am not able to make this work for "Channel meetings".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Live Events - Include system audio automatically turned off when switching screens

In Teams Live Events, when one of the presenters shares content that includes audio, they will turn on the option include system/computer audio. I have experienced at multiple occasions that this option automatically turned off (which was not intended) and this appears to have been caused by switching active applications (e.g. move from powerpoint to a webbrowser showing Menti.com and then switching back to the powerpoint) via the ALT+TAB key combination.

Just to be complete the person did NOT stop sharing and re-share, the person shared it's desktop and switched applications via ALT+TAB that seems to have caused this option…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enter full screen option is missing

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to Mute / Unmute through Bluetooth headset

During a meeting, the controls from Bluetooth headset doesn't work properly.
    Expected Behaviour : The controls are expected to Mute / Unmute the ongoing meeting. The highlighted button during a call / meeting is Mute / Unmute which should be triggered when the corresponding control on the bluetooth headset is pressed. It works with other apps such as audio players wherein the highlighted function is Pause / Unpause.

Actual Experience : Teams switch the audio output to Device instead of Unmute / Mute function. Further pressing the button has no effect and the output stays set to Device. The user…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blank Attendance List downloaded during a Meeting

There are two issues, first the organiser roles (End meeting option) are not shown on rejoining the meeting after a call drop.
    Secondly, the meeting attendance report (. Csv file) is always blank, even when there are 50 members in the meeting.

Kindly Resolve these issues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen Sharing from a second device

Since updating to Teams Version 1.3.00.8663, our Maths department is having a hard time running their classes through Teams for both at home and on site students.

Their Scenario:
    Two devices signed in as the same user in the same Teams Meeting.
    1st Device (MacBook Air) projecting to the board for the students who are physically in the room.
    2nd Device (iPad) presenting in the Teams Meeting so the teacher can write and draw.

Expected Behaviour:
    2nd device would present in the meeting and be shown on the 1st device, allowing the presentation to be projected. This worked before the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting Notes Access Broken

Meeting Notes are not functional for any purpose until the following bugs are fixed:
    - New invitees can see past notes
    - Notes can be viewed or shared outside the meeting attendees
    - Pages can be added, not just sections
    - Meeting Note "books" can be searched for across all meetings
    - Search within a Meeting Note "book" and/or page is present
    - Access remains available once created, regardless of the number of individuals eventually added to the meeting. Specifically, don't permanently hide the notes if a 21st person is ever added to the meeting.

The easiest solution would seem…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base