Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Sharing from a second device

Since updating to Teams Version 1.3.00.8663, our Maths department is having a hard time running their classes through Teams for both at home and on site students.

Their Scenario:
    Two devices signed in as the same user in the same Teams Meeting.
    1st Device (MacBook Air) projecting to the board for the students who are physically in the room.
    2nd Device (iPad) presenting in the Teams Meeting so the teacher can write and draw.

Expected Behaviour:
    2nd device would present in the meeting and be shown on the 1st device, allowing the presentation to be projected. This worked before the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams crashes when selecting Join Meeting from Outlook

When I select Join Meeting from Outlook, it opens the meeting in the browser, then I have to open Teams (every time!) and then Teams crashes (not responding message). I restart Teams, and it still doesn't respond. So I have to join with the Web app. I

It only happens with a meeting from Outlook (Teams Meeting selected in Outlook) when I select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting FROM OUtlook meeting request.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Meeting options" opens in browser under wrong organization.

I had the web app open in one organization (lets say OrgA). In the desktop (Linux) app, I was in another organization (OrgB). Within a meeting in the desktop app, I clicked the "Meeting Options" link. This caused the web browser to open a tab (why?), which then promptly failed with an error message because it attempted to find the meeting under OrgA. If, in the browser, I switch my other tab from OrgA to OrgB, then re-click the link, I get the page I was expecting.

Summary: When the desktop (Linux) app opens a link in the browser, it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Meeting Notes Access Broken

Meeting Notes are not functional for any purpose until the following bugs are fixed:
    - New invitees can see past notes
    - Notes can be viewed or shared outside the meeting attendees
    - Pages can be added, not just sections
    - Meeting Note "books" can be searched for across all meetings
    - Search within a Meeting Note "book" and/or page is present
    - Access remains available once created, regardless of the number of individuals eventually added to the meeting. Specifically, don't permanently hide the notes if a 21st person is ever added to the meeting.

The easiest solution would seem…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove from meeting option misused

In this MS teams app the remove from meeting was misused by any of the participants. Kindly give update regarding the same.

Suggestion : make changes so that only organiser can remove any participant in meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MTR | Source attached is automatically presented on room display

We're using Crestron Flex as MTR system (UC-B-160-T) in the single display mode. In our setup, a wireless presentation system is connected to the MTR at all times, so users can share their content without having to attach a cable. When a call comes in or a meeting starts, the content attached is automatically presented to the front room display. In the call you don't have access to the "Present/ "Stop present" button anymore, so you only see the content on the front room display, not the caller's video. Only option is to change the layout, so the caller's video…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to call extensions using conferencing call

When I use the keypad to dial an extension number in a conference call, it doesn't work. Seems Teams Meeting will not send DTMF to PSTN?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that " renamed the meeting to ". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sometimes I Teams won't let me join a meeting or kicks me out of one

I can see my meeting in Teams and see the details of said meeting, but when I click the Join button at the top right I'm redirected back to the previous meeting on my calendar. This happens 3-5 times before I can either successfully join or need to restart Teams.

Alternatively, even after the process mentioned above and I've successfully joined, 5min later I get booted out of the meeting and can't rejoin until I either restart Teams or my computer. Getting booted out of a meeting doesn't directly correlate with the process I just mentioned, but it's rare when…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After IOS 14 no call controls on the locked screen

Before upgrading to iOS 14, 3rd party apps like Teams would show call controls like mute, hang up etc, on the Lock Screen, while in a call. I cant´find it anymore. This is very inconvenient!

Apple created a new API for the collapsed call interface that will let developers incorporate the feature into third-party VOIP apps.

Can you please fix this!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enter full screen

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator message when external user is first to join meeting

This appears to be a reproducible problem with one tenant, at least. If an external user is the first to join a meeting and is in the lobby, when the meeting organiser joins, everyone else gets this message and cannot use video. If the attendees drop off and re-join, video works.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to Mute / Unmute through Bluetooth headset

During a meeting, the controls from Bluetooth headset doesn't work properly.
    Expected Behaviour : The controls are expected to Mute / Unmute the ongoing meeting. The highlighted button during a call / meeting is Mute / Unmute which should be triggered when the corresponding control on the bluetooth headset is pressed. It works with other apps such as audio players wherein the highlighted function is Pause / Unpause.

Actual Experience : Teams switch the audio output to Device instead of Unmute / Mute function. Further pressing the button has no effect and the output stays set to Device. The user…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microphone turns on by itself

During the video chat microphone turned on despite beeing muted. Microphone had muted sign in my web client, however other users saw it as unmuted. When the host of meeting muted me i stopped hearing him. After me unmuting and muting it went back to normal (Web Client). After some period of time we started to hear one of our collegues (Desktop Client). simillary to my situation he had muted mice on his side, but we saw it unmuted. After restart of application it went back to normal.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Max number people in lobby is 50 only

please, nowhere is mentioned Teams lobby capacity. Yesterday I met error when number rise to 50 people. No one else can enter the lobby.
    It was error or it is so?
    (it is error, in my oppinion)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Other than the organizer, none should be a presenter by default since the presenter have the right to remove or mute the others

The feature of removing people from a conversation and muting is in general misused by people specially by the students for fun so by default only the organizer should be the presenter and rest others should be attendees and in case the organizer wants someone to present something then they can do so manually

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot control shared VMWare window

When running VMWare Workstation and sharing the screen over Teams, another participant with control can’t interact with the VMWare window.

May be related so similar issues logged about remote control of RDP windows:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/37138228-after-sharing-my-screen-and-give-control-to-other

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35106946-failed-to-click-on-the-remote-client-during-a-shar

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Join Teams Meeting opens in web browser not in Teams app

When I have a meeting coming up on my Outlook calendar, I get a notification about it and I click on the button "Join Teams meeting" to join the meeting. This always directs me to a link in the web browser and then its this page that detects I have a Teams app and asks if I want to join the meeting from the app. Please can you make it such that I can automatically join the meeting on the app and skip the extra clicks on the web page each time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. channel meetings do not show in the main teams calendar

When we schedule meetings in a channel within our teams site, this invite does not show in the main calendar of the 'members' of the groups. We are using teams to run classes so members are students.

We schedule the meeting by going into our own team calendar, click new meeting and adding the appropriate channel in the Channel box.

This does not occur in the general channel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base