Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to unmute in teams meeting using the IOS app.

I’m unable to unmute from with in the Teams IOS app when joining any Teams meeting. Selecting/clicking the mute button does nothing...I can however select/click the video/camera button right next to it and it works like it should.

Also, if I unmute before joining the meeting that works..but once I select mute while in the meeting..then there is no way to unmute myself..and staying unmuted throughout the entire meeting is not a realistic option all the time.

Please help..I have checked all settings...manually uninstalled the app, reinstalled..same issue..I’m at a loss. Plus as our company continues to transition from…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting Notes are inaccessible to new members added after a meeting begins. Why? 6-12-19

I created a meeting for our Remote Staff and they all joined just fine. We started using the Meeting Notes feature but then I added some of the in office staff to the meeting. They can see the Meeting Notes tab after they join the meeting, but they are not able to access the Meeting Notes. This is clearly a bug.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug using Lobby in a meeting

if i enable lobby at a meeting and admite the entrance of a user and, after that, remove him from the meeting, he can re-enter skiping the lobby if he not close the window that he was using to take part in the meeting, but if he closed the window and try to enter again, he necessarily has to pass to the lobby.
    So, my suggestion is that the user always has to ask permission to enter the meeting if the lobby is enable (sorry for the english mistakes)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meet Now Icon enabled when policies have it disabled

We disabled the Meet Now experience in teams long time back, but we are seeing the icon appear recently in Teams again.

We cross checked our policies and doesnot look like a change at our end, Upon checking with Microsoft they confirm it got enabled due to change in UI on their end. Please address this bug, IF Meet Now is disabled via Meetings policies, the icon should remain hidden.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using teams for mac: screen sharing problem while meeting is recorded.

Screen sharing works fine when recording is off, but when the recording is on, it shows "denied, not safe" message.

Edit: Work-around here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/mac-screen-recording-problem-screen-sharing-not-working-while/m-p/1650402#M71586

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android

Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android myself. There is no "Join" button above the chat at all. I am the only one have to wait for the admin to give me a video call to accept, so that I can go in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shared content is randomly not recorded in meeting recording

When you share a window or the entire screen, everyone in the meeting can see it. However, it happens that the recording will not include the shared window. This seems to occur entirely randomly. It is not predictable and it is clearly a bug. The recording should show what people sees during the live meeting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting Notes are missing

I love the Meeting Notes feature. However it is missing from some of my meetings and I have not been able to find out why or how to add it to those meetings. I thought it may of been a feature that was added after some of my existing meeting invites. So I resent them, however still do not have that feature on those meetings. I haven't done anything different on these from the others which do have Meeting Notes in them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Outlook invite "Logo URL" not rendering

After adding a Logo URL to the Teams meeting settings, the URL itself is displayed in the Outlook meeting. It does not render the actual logo.

I've made changes to the URL twice to ensure the size is within limits (188x30px max) and that it was a .jpg file. Still only the URL shows.

Using the same accessible URLs in Skype meeting settings works properly.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove dial-in phone ringing in Microsoft Teams when joining a call

This used to not be the case - but in a recent update when I call into meetings there is a ringing in the meeting prior to me joining. This is very distracting to the meeting and deters me from using the call-in feature. Please remove this ringing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New meeting experience is not available for many users

Some users in our firm do not have the option to check the new meeting experience

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams Recording Full Screen Not Available

Skype had this features, but Teams lacks it in meetings. We have reverted back to Skype for these type of meetings due to the lack of clean recording in Teams. Here's the issue:

When a presenter is on video and everyone else is an attendee, we Pin the presenter's video to be full screen. We then have someone record the meeting so we can share with others later. When recorded, the meeting shows a four-square grid of the presenter and three other random people. We want the recording to show whatever is pinned or the presentation. Do not have the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Time Zone not redirecting in Teams WVD

Similar to Citrix and RDS deployments session host redirection works but is not recognized in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sharing meeting links

hard to share links as MS Teams copy a blob of html instead of the url to join the meeting, need to paste the contents to Word and extract the link from there to share via another tools such as WhatsApp and so on

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop. It was previously working and now it's gone.

The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop in a meeting. It was previously working and we tested with various scenarios from different tenants and it now appears to be missing. Is this a bug?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Live Events - Include system audio automatically turned off when switching screens

In Teams Live Events, when one of the presenters shares content that includes audio, they will turn on the option include system/computer audio. I have experienced at multiple occasions that this option automatically turned off (which was not intended) and this appears to have been caused by switching active applications (e.g. move from powerpoint to a webbrowser showing Menti.com and then switching back to the powerpoint) via the ALT+TAB key combination.

Just to be complete the person did NOT stop sharing and re-share, the person shared it's desktop and switched applications via ALT+TAB that seems to have caused this option…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enter full screen option is missing

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mimecast breaks Teams meeting invites

When I receive a teams invite from an external source, our exchange emails run through mimecast, so the invite url will be replaced by soemthing like https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/NHIuIN34fgsd?domain=teams.microsoft.com

That in turn breaks the ability to join the meeting from the Teams' Calendar. I can click join from there, but it will be stuck on Connecting and never work.

The workaround is to go into outlook, open the link in the browser, so it resolves to the real link and then open the local client. That sucks ;)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base