Bug Reports

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Conference dial in number with conferance Auto dial in does not work!

When using the Teams meeting setup with Conference ID numbers it will not auto dial the conference ID on a Cell phone due to the configuration of the hyperlink. I have added some Pics so you can see the issue.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calender information is not refrected immediately on Collaboration bar (MRT on Android).

Calendar information is not refracted immediately on Collaboration bar (MTR on Android).

When I create Teams conference and invite collaboration bar, invited conference is not showing on the screen immediately even if the scheduled conference started now. It may takes about 3 min to show invited conference.

MRT on Windows will be reflected immediately, so Collaboration bar also should be.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dial in attendees lose audio when joining a breakout room

I am using the private preview for Virtual Breakout rooms in Teams and someone on the Microsoft answers thought this might be a bug and asked me to let you know. I have been doing some test meetings to explore the new functionality for breakout rooms and one thing I have noticed is that if a user dials in on their phone for the audio portion of the meeting, they lose audio when moved to a breakout room

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove dial-in phone ringing in Microsoft Teams when joining a call

This used to not be the case - but in a recent update when I call into meetings there is a ringing in the meeting prior to me joining. This is very distracting to the meeting and deters me from using the call-in feature. Please remove this ringing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Channel Meetings invitations only send to (external) guest users

Recently I'm facing an issue with the scheduling of Teams-Meetings within Teams Channels. When a Team Member schedules a Meeting from a Channel all the (external) guest users receive an invitation in Outlook for their Calander, but none of the (internal) members receive one. So the meeting is only visible in the Calander of guest users and not in the Calander of my collegues.

This worked without any problems before. I tried with multiple O365 Tenants and both the installed desktop client and Teams webclient.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Participants list is disappearing

When in a Teams meeting, teachers are reporting their participants list is disappearing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams seems to fix it for about 15 minutes and then it happens again. It appears Teams ran an update and ever since then they have been unable to see the full participants list. The names just disappear once they are hovered over. Version: 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit) happening to multiple teachers using Teams Desktop App on HP Windows 10 machines.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot find security group in teams group policy assignment using Teams admin interface

When trying to assign a security group to a policy in the Teams admin interface. Not all groups show up. Even if you type the group name exactly the search results for the security group do not show the group. I also tried using the group id from Azure but that is not an option in this interface. The documentation for this function is here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/assign-policies#assign-a-policy-to-a-group

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meet Now Icon enabled when policies have it disabled

We disabled the Meet Now experience in teams long time back, but we are seeing the icon appear recently in Teams again.

We cross checked our policies and doesnot look like a change at our end, Upon checking with Microsoft they confirm it got enabled due to change in UI on their end. Please address this bug, IF Meet Now is disabled via Meetings policies, the icon should remain hidden.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting Notes are inaccessible to new members added after a meeting begins. Why? 6-12-19

I created a meeting for our Remote Staff and they all joined just fine. We started using the Meeting Notes feature but then I added some of the in office staff to the meeting. They can see the Meeting Notes tab after they join the meeting, but they are not able to access the Meeting Notes. This is clearly a bug.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Using teams for mac: screen sharing problem while meeting is recorded.

Screen sharing works fine when recording is off, but when the recording is on, it shows "denied, not safe" message.

Edit: Work-around here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/mac-screen-recording-problem-screen-sharing-not-working-while/m-p/1650402#M71586

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

Recorded video in the meeting showing the meeting organizer name as recorded by instead of my name.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug using Lobby in a meeting

if i enable lobby at a meeting and admite the entrance of a user and, after that, remove him from the meeting, he can re-enter skiping the lobby if he not close the window that he was using to take part in the meeting, but if he closed the window and try to enter again, he necessarily has to pass to the lobby.
    So, my suggestion is that the user always has to ask permission to enter the meeting if the lobby is enable (sorry for the english mistakes)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. alow more than one person to manage a breakout rooms

Hi

There is no possibility to manage or even change a room by another person than meeting organizer.

When two people lead some class they want to change rooms on their own and check the participants' progress. Now it is impossible.

It would be nice if the owner can share privileges to manage rooms with another person.

Another solution is to give the possibility to go to another room to everyone by default.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. meeting attendance list blank

I use Teams as a teacher. We download the Meeting Attendance list at the end of each class meeting to take attendance for school. Today, I split my students into small groups using the Channels feature. When I went to input the students' attendance, the Meeting Attendance List files were completely blank. Additionally, there is no way to track meeting attendance after the meeting is closed so I am SOL. There must be a way to address both of these problems.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New meeting experience is not available for many users

Some users in our firm do not have the option to check the new meeting experience

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook add-in does not support proxy authentication (https://scheduler.teams.microsoft.com)

The Teams Outlook Add-in does not support proxy authentication on Windows. This is present in 1.3.0.15561.

The only way to allow the add-in to work is to allow unauthenticated access to https://scheduler.teams.microsoft.com

This needs to be fixed as authenticated proxy access in corporate environments is a must.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot control shared VMWare window

When running VMWare Workstation and sharing the screen over Teams, another participant with control can’t interact with the VMWare window.

May be related so similar issues logged about remote control of RDP windows:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/37138228-after-sharing-my-screen-and-give-control-to-other

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35106946-failed-to-click-on-the-remote-client-during-a-shar

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android

Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android myself. There is no "Join" button above the chat at all. I am the only one have to wait for the admin to give me a video call to accept, so that I can go in.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shared content is randomly not recorded in meeting recording

When you share a window or the entire screen, everyone in the meeting can see it. However, it happens that the recording will not include the shared window. This seems to occur entirely randomly. It is not predictable and it is clearly a bug. The recording should show what people sees during the live meeting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base