Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lobby settings different for admins vs per meeting

When an admin looks at Meeting policies -> Participants and guests -> "Automatically admin people" they are given the option of
    "Everyone"
    "People in my organization and guests"
    "People in my organization, trusted organizations, and guests"
    "People in my organization"
    "Organizer only"

However if you go to the meeting settings from Teams/Outlook then the options for 'who can bypass the lobby' are
    "Everyone"
    "People in my organization, trusted organizations, and guests"
    "People in my organization and guests"
    "Only me"

If you have "People in my organization" set by the admin in the meeting settings in the admin portal then you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio speaker auto off

During meetings audio automatic turn off.
    Huawei P30
    Microsoft Team apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. teams meeting recording in stream missing powerpoint

recording didnt record powerpoint presentation very annoying, it seems this fault has been going for over a year

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Links to the Teams meeting are lost

I have noticed that Teams meetings that are scheduled several weeks in advance (but are not repeating meetings) always loose their Teams meeting link. This requires canceling the meeting and then rescheduling the event again to get everyone the proper meeting link again. This pattern has occurred enough to know it's a bug, is there a fix coming and/or is there a way to refresh the Teams meeting link within the current calendar so the event does not have to be canceled and then recreated?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Students must be able to leave a team

A year ago the students could leave the university teams. Now it can't be done anymore. I believe that we have the freedom to leave the teams especially because sometimes the professors do not have time to delete the old exam teams. I hope my request will avalaible on dektop app and mobile systems. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. requesting control is flaky

Please see this tech community thread; numerous users have trouble w/ this feature. In my experience is very flaky. It randomly stops working.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/requesting-control-not-working-can-t-click-anything/m-p/319467

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen sharing shows only tiny part of the screen

When in a meeting I cannot screen share my other open windows from Edge or Word. I get only a very small part of the top left of the window to share.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When dialed in to a meeting, mute status is incorrect locally, but correct for other participants

There is a bug in the Windows Teams client impacting the mute status indicator. If I join audio from my phone, but I'm in the meeting on my computer, my mute status shows me as muted no matter if I'm actually muted on my phone. However, other participants can see my mute status correctly. This is not too useful for me since I can never tell when I am or am not muted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Weird Screen Share Options for Edge Browser during Teams Meeting

I use the New-Edge browser with many tabs. When I go to Share during a Teams Meeting, the first items for sharing in the "Window" category are Edge browser tabs. (see attached screenshot) They are always first.

When I click one of these to share, it puts a tiny red box around the top-left corner of my screen, as if I am sharing only that little bit, (see attached screenshot) instead of the full content of the browser tab (as expected).

Instead, I have to scroll past all those options (which happen to be broken) to get to the full…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams meeting attendance list only able to capture to first ended session

Recently the Teams meeting attendance list feature is available for meeting organizer to download the attendance list after a meeting session end. But we found if someone joined and left the meeting earlier the meeting scheduled time, system only able to capture that first session ended by that particular user and the actual session attendance list is not able to capture. Is it possible for the attendance list to capture all sessions in the meeting? Hope Microsoft can fix this bug, thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. +1 icon on the right of the meeting post is misleading

It's useful to get the total attendance from the meeting post. There are round avatar icons on the right side of the post to show attendance. Sometimes, there is a +1 icon but actually, there is no that extra attendee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: The March 19 release of Teams v1.0 does not display participants list consistently in meetings

During the meeting the participant list names disappears when one hovers their mouse over the list.
    At other times the name disappear and come back intermittently when the session refreshes when participants leave or join the meeting.
    Making the meeting session window full size makes the name appear and stay in place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams keep crashed for my windows 8

Teams keep crashed for my windows 8, i cant join meeting keep saying something error

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linux app upgrade 1.4.00 breaks launching a meeting from invitation link

When I get a meeting invitation link (https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/...), I open it in Firefox or Chrome, and it launches teams via the msteams URL that is generated from the link.

After upgrading to 1.4.00.4855, this does not work anymore. Teams is still launched, but it is not joining the meeting, it just stays at the page/tab where it was before launching.

Going back to 1.3.00.30857 made me happy again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pantalla negra

Me suele ocurrir casi todo el tiempo que al momento que comparten Pantalla , mi pantalla se queda en negro y no carga lo que están presentando , lo cual es un poco molesto..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Students are set as attendees with the teacher being the only presenter and yet they still kick out each other

We are getting reports of students still being able to kick out each other and mute each other even though the teacher is the only presenter and the students are just attendees. Please fix this ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: All meetings are opening their own window

The most recent update (version 1.4.00.4167) causes all meetings to open in their own window. This issue did not exist in the previous revision. Internet browsers figured out how to block popups decades ago, but Microsoft can't stop it's own products from generating unwanted popups?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams not respecting "Hide MS Teams" in Mac OS App menu.

Teams does not respect the Hide command from Mac OS App menu. When menu option is clicked Teams blinks once, but does not hide app window. If I go to an other app to work on something, while listening to meeting, it pops up in focus again. I have gone through restart, update, quit and start of app – nothing fixes the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Issue with meeting window expanding along with chat box

We are experiencing an issue where the meeting window expands several times when the meeting chat is open. It appears to be expanding as more chat messages are written in the chat box and the window seems to try to expand along with the vertically growing chat box. In the end, we can only see one or two meeting participants across the whole screen, we can no longer get out of the chat view, other than to close teams from the task bar in windows.
    I have checked in settings and can not seem to find any reason why this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base