Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting Notes are missing

I love the Meeting Notes feature. However it is missing from some of my meetings and I have not been able to find out why or how to add it to those meetings. I thought it may of been a feature that was added after some of my existing meeting invites. So I resent them, however still do not have that feature on those meetings. I haven't done anything different on these from the others which do have Meeting Notes in them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Online meeting info was NOT included in an invite from outlook

Some participants could not get their Teams client(s) to work. So I cancelled the meeting and recreated it as a Skype meeting. Where previously Skype meeting info was placed into the invite during composition now, like Teams, it is placed into the message at send time. This is unfortunate. For whatever reasons (we apparently have no access to usable logs, so my IT folks tell me) online meeting info was NOT placed into the message. Making it unusable. So my requests are: (1) place Teams|Skype info into the composition window. This ensures the user knows there is (or isn't) a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to rejoin Meeting Chat

I'm a member of a recurring meeting. After the last meeting, I left the chat by selecting Chat > {the meeting} > Leave.

The next time the meeting started, I can't see or join the chat. There is a message "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." I can see the chat from the last meeting up until the point I left, and it said I left the meeting.

When I view the meeting series and select Chat with participants, I see a message "Sorry, chat is unavailable until you join the meeting", even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that "*** renamed the meeting to ***". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trying to change Meeting Settings is not allowed in the local client software.

Currently, when (as the organizer of a Meeting) I clicked on Meeting Settings I was taken to a web site instead of being shown a dialog in the local client software. As a result, I had to log in with my Microsoft ID. I did that, but I received a message which read as follows:

"You don’t have the permission to change the meeting settings.
    Please reach out to the meeting organizer for any changes."

This was on my local PC outside of the building since I was working from home. However, using Remote desktop client I was able to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams Conference dial in number with conferance Auto dial in does not work!

When using the Teams meeting setup with Conference ID numbers it will not auto dial the conference ID on a Cell phone due to the configuration of the hyperlink. I have added some Pics so you can see the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting Details not showing up (Error)

Sorry we couldn't get your meeting details. However I am able to access other content from other channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting entry and exit announcements

Teams does not allow you to suppress participant entry and exit messages per call. It is a global setting that is "on" or "off" for the entire organization. This should be flexible, as it was with Skype for Business previously. On large organization calls, this can become an annoyance, but on smaller, confidential calls, it is good to know if participants have entered the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting scheduling page won't close.

Scheduling meeting page not closing after meeting being created. Instead of closing the page, it asks the user whether he/she keeps the meeting or discard it despite the meeting has already been created and can be viewed on the calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Invitees cannot join meeting using Dial-in/Conference ID

I recently sent an Outlook invitation containing a Teams Meeting link. Invitees who clicked on the direct link were able to be admitted to the meeting, but invitees who dialed in and entered the conference ID did not appear in the lobby and could not be admitted to the meeting (in the meantime, they got hold music).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams meetings - can't leave 'call failed' screen on phone

Having joined a meeting on my phone a couple of hours before it was due to start, I checked the available settings and then hung up.
    This took me to a call failed screen (image attached), and I can't get out of it. The only way off the screen is to rejoin the meeting.
    If I keep the meeting open, I have a square meeting pane hanging around in all the other teams functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Logitech webcam's zoom is reset

The zoom level set in logitech software gets reset every now and then. Mostly right after you join a meeting, sometimes at random times during the meeting. We have tested this on multiple computers and logitech cameras, only webcams from the c2xx series work properly, c5xx and c9xx reset their zoom level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I scheduled a meeting when I clicked on Meeting options it sent me to a screen and kept spinning so I close

I schedule a meeting in Teams, I can see it and there is a "meeting options" next to the edit button, when I clicked on Meeting options it sent me to a screen and kept spinning so I closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team meeting details hard to reach for team members on iOS.

Team meeting is hard to join for some team
    Members on mobile. They cannot see the Join button and it is not easy to reach meeting details, because it is hidden in the right upper corner and is invisible unless tapped which opens a menu with an option for seeing the details. For event owner this issue does not happen since there is a tab named details next to conversation tab on top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notes get lost when someone else displays

I have lost my meeting notes, during a meeting twice now. I have been displaying my screen as I take notes. It seems to happen when someone else displays. When the other person takes over, they go through their presentation. When I go back to the notes, they are gone. Tonight, it seemed to revert back 30-45 minutes. A significant amount of the meeting, but it caught some of the meeting notes from earlier on. There is an autosave happening with some type of clock. But losing meeting minutes should not be possible. How do I prevent this in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Meeting Notes are inaccessible to new members added after a meeting begins. Why? 6-12-19

I created a meeting for our Remote Staff and they all joined just fine. We started using the Meeting Notes feature but then I added some of the in office staff to the meeting. They can see the Meeting Notes tab after they join the meeting, but they are not able to access the Meeting Notes. This is clearly a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting audio doesn't work until un-muting mic

Joined a meeting. Other attendees were talking but I wasn't able to hear them, until I un-mutted the mic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.