Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text does not show up unless it is bold while using MacOS Big Sur Beta

When opening student assignments through word in Teams, some text does not show up. When making it bold, it appears See screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams presence not changing when call is finished

When finished call via Teams phone status in Teams doesn't change back to Available automatically. Needs to be changed manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Greetings, I am on a MAC. When I share my screen and use an Audio Program (Pro Tools) my students are unable to hear the audio from the pr

Greetings,

I am on a MAC. When I share my screen and use an Audio Program (Pro Tools) my students are unable to hear the audio from the program (Same for YouTube or ANY Program's Audio). The "Include Computer Sound" toggle switch is not included when Share Screen is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When using Teams screensharing for a website in Chrome on OSX, Teams slows down rendering of website content

A common use case for Teams for any software company would be demoing your platform to prospective clients using Microsoft Teams.

What frequently happens for us for Mac and PC Teams users, is when we share a Google chrome window of our platform, if Teams screen share is enabled, the web pages of our platform (and any other platform like Jira) load very slowly. If you disable Teams screenshare and load the same website, it loads normally.

This is not isolated to old computers, it happens on new computers with 16gb+ RAM. Somehow the system resource that Teams is using…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CRITICAL BUG: macOS lacks a volume slider.

It's all in the title. The macOS Microsoft Teams app is devoid of a volume slider. It can only be a bug, unless the dev team didn't ask a QA team to test their work.

It's not an annoyance, it's an essential feature which was in msn messenger about two decades ago. It was in skype, it's on Discord.

You're not coding in a vacuum, please pay attention to users.
    Thank you for your time. Pardon my arrogance, I'm stuck using a service I want to like but then I jump off my seat when someone decides to leave their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications come up white on OS X application

The notifications come up white, then after about 30 seconds they render. I just turned them off because they distract me and don't show me information. It would be much better if you would just use the MacOS notification system like everyone else.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Double pressings space bar on macOS client to insert a period leaves a space before the period.

Double pressing space bar on Mac client to insert a period does not delete the first space. For example:

This is how double pressing a space bar normally works. It follows regular grammar.

In Teams, double pressing the space bar appears as follows . The space before the period does not get deleted, but the space after the period remains .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. poor connection

The connection is not as good as Zoom. I use both zoom and teams for my diffrent classes
    While zoom works very well regarding the connection I have experiened too many disconnections with Teams, audio or video or both.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Opened teams and wanted to login again and get white page

I opened Teams today and it asked to sign in. I get the first login page, which is the Microsoft login and do so and then pick my work/school account and it transfers me to a white blank page. I right clicked and hit reload and still no luck. Rebooted nothing. Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams folder and launched again and same problem. Seems to be a common problem among Teams across Windows, Mac, etc. Thought getting rid of ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams would fix it, but no luck. Not sure what the fix is? macOS 10.13.6 and Teams 1.2.00.34155

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams for Mac (v 1.2.00.34155) Cannot click Submit on Proxy Authenticate window

After opening Teams, a small window pops up asking me to authenticate against our Corporate Proxy servers.

The username and password boxes are pre-populated (assume from keychain), however the submit button doesn't work - there is no way to close the window.

I can connect and use Teams as normal so doesn't look like it's breaking anything.

Screenshot attached, proxy details redacted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to leave a team which was deleted

Teams v 1.1.00.8752 installed on a Mac running Sierra 10.13.4. I am unable to leave a Team which was previously deleted. When I click Leave the team - a generic error pops up and says "An error occurred" and the Team remains in my list. I was able to remove it from the Favorites but the team still shows in the "More" section. When I log in to the online/web version of Teams the team in question does not show up in any list or when searching for it (it shouldn't since it was deleted by the owner).
    I tried…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When macOS Big Sur, switching to teams use CMD-Tab doesn't change to the desktop where the teams application is running

Steps to Reproduce:

• macOS Big Sur

• Have multiple desktops (MacOS feature)

• Put teams on one of the desktops

• Go to another desktop

• Use CMD-Tab to change to the teams app

Expected Result:

• Current desktop changes to the one Teams is in, and Teams is the active window.

Actual Result:

• Nothing happens. System remains on the same desktop and need to manually change desktops.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share a Window option not detecting Chrome on Mac BigSur

Hi, I have to share complete desktop in video calls, though I want to share only my chrome window. It does detect firefox, MS-word etc. all other open applications well - but only chrome it is not able to detect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MS Teams hangs on switching between organisations, v1.4.00.7175

Ever since the latest version, 1.4.00.7175. I'm experiencing problems with switching between organisations. While switching Teams asks every time for the user credentials. When entered, the wheel just keeps spinning and teams gets blocked. After restart of MS Teams it launches in the newly requested organisation. A feature which previously worked just fine. In some occasions it also requests toe send a code rather than immediately asking for credentials, result is the same MS Teams completely hangs and has to be rebooted. If I switch from organisation and restart MS Teams without entering the requested credentials it also just boots…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Profile pictures never update

I have a serious bug, profile pictures NEVER update for me on Mac. It can take months for someone's profile picture to update, which is completely mad. And when I open the Teams Mac app, sometimes I get my new profile picture, sometimes I get my old one. Sooo odd.

I think it's that profile pictures are getting cached on desktop as I never have this issue on the web app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft team poor Mac performance

I am currently using a Mac but I was on PC before and had very similar issues. Teams uses a stupid amount of resources a lot fo the time and especially if you are in a video call it uses so much that often if I am working on stuff whilst on a call it crashes my computer. whenever I search this topic so many people for many years have been highlighting this, is it a just an issue you guys never intend on fixing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Everytime I open up Teams window, the window opens up maximized.

I would like the window to open up the same size as when I closed it.
    You can see the issue here: https://youtu.be/boFJ2qmBifg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams window goes full screen on my Mac if I closed it previously

Since the latest update, the window itself forgets the size it was set up and occupies all the state in the screen. This happens every time I switch to Teams app after closing manually thew window myself, which is a very typical usage in Mac (closing the window, but not the app).

To reproduce it I just:
    1. With Teams opened, I close the window clicking the red button or the shortcut cmd+W.
    2. I switch to any other app.
    3. I focus back to Teams again, clicking the app icon in the Dock.

Expected behaviour: The window will occupy…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Background settings panel is empty

On Teams for Mac Version 1.3.00.33671, the Background settings panel (More actions > Show background effects) is empty. The header says "Background settings" with a close button, and it says "Others won't see your video while you preview" at the bottom. The Preview and Apply buttons are both greyed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Version auto-update failure with Mac OS BigSur and M1 Chip

If I hit check for updates, teams shows there is an update available, and if I click to finish the update Teams hangs and shows only a blank screen, after several minutes I force close it and then Teams returns with the same previous version.

I'm running Teams Version 1.3.00.33671 and Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base